IGNORED

City In For Tyson? (merged)

ForestForever

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11672_2960797,00.html

Skysports.com understands Bolton are among a host of clubs chasing Nottingham Forest striker Nathan Tyson.

Tyson has impressed this season in League Two and he has notched seven goals so far this term.

His performances have attracted the interest of a plethora of teams with Forest boss Colin Calderwood recently admitting scouts have been taking in a number of their games in recent weeks.

Bolton, along with West Brom, Queens Park Rangers and Bristol City, are all thought to be tracking Tyson and all clubs had representatives watch the former Reading trainee in action against Brighton last Friday, when he scored two goals.

Gary Megson, who has also been linked with the forward's team-mate Kris Commons, is believed to be a big admirer of Tyson and is considering making a move for the player when the transfer window reopens.

Forest are keen to keep hold of the former Wycombe hit-man as they bid to win promotion from League One, but they know they could face a fight to keep him if they receive a big offer for his services.

Heard this? I really hope Tyson stays at Forest this season. Without him, we could be stuck in this shithole of a league for another season :crying:

Would personally love to see Tyson at AG but would be amazed if Forest sold him with promotion in the offing!

Good player though.

Who else did we want last January? Tyson, Pospisil, Grant Holt,Leon Best,Jamie Cureton. More than likely old news being recycled IMHO.

Mclean looks like a good shout on paper, however seeing as he's only just signed a long contract, he's going to be costly*. I wouldnt want to shell out lots on a player with no experience at league 1 level, let alone upper championship!!

Risks have to be taken however and i could imagine alot bigger risks that this guy. He's only 24 afterall.

*400/500k???

Mclean looks like a good shout on paper, however seeing as he's only just signed a long contract, he's going to be costly*. I wouldnt want to shell out lots on a player with no experience at league 1 level, let alone upper championship!!

Mclean could be worth a look but it's a big step up. Really I think if we were adding to the squad it should be only players who will definitely improve on what we have.

I appreciate it's only on footballrumours.com but a Celtic fan has us down as signing Derek Riordan for £1/2M in January! Now that would be a decent signing.

Footballrumours is a shit source but that's actually not that unbelievable. He was at Hibs with Ivan.

Riordan would be a quality signing, and Celtic fans are sure he's available, probably for well under £1m as Celtic have 4 strikers who are getting more first team action than him. He said publicly in the summer he will leave for first team football if he can't get it there.

He's only 24, two footed, a great natural finisher, has pace, works hard... some Celtic fans are mystified as to why he hasn't had more of a chance. I saw him a few times last season and I think he'd really add to our side.

The stumbling block would be wages. Celtic signed him when he was young player of the year, he is probably on a very tidy figure. The other problem would be that we'd probably face a fair bit of competition - however with the new training facilities and stadium plan, GJ and already having a couple of Scots he might find us an attractive proposition.

I don't know about Tyson , McLean etc, but I reckon that lad Torres might be able to do a job for us. Player exchange for Jevons perhaps?

Thought Torres looked deadly tonight and the Marseilles defence just couldn't cope with him, and would love to see him give the Man U defence the run around at the week-end. Could well be the next Ian Rush, only even better?

I don't know about Tyson , McLean etc, but I reckon that lad Torres might be able to do a job for us. Player exchange for Jevons perhaps?

Thought Torres looked deadly tonight and the Marseilles defence just couldn't cope with him, and would love to see him give the Man U defence the run around at the week-end. Could well be the next Ian Rush, only even better?

He's a fantastic player and fits English football perfectly. Liverpool will really give ManU a run for their money over the next few years now they've finally got a world class striker instead of B graders like Bellamy and Cisse.

He's a fantastic player and fits English football perfectly. Liverpool will really give ManU a run for their money over the next few years now they've finally got a world class striker instead of B graders like Bellamy and Cisse.

I thought Torres looked a bit knackered in the second half. Gary Johnson would have to work on his fitness. Stunning goal he got tonight though....

Anyway, back to Tyson. I can't imagine Forest would want to lose him before the end of their FA Cup run (next game against Liverpool).......What's that? Forest just lost to cash-strapped Luton.... Time to concentrate on the league now, with or without Tyson.

• Admin
I thought Torres looked a bit knackered in the second half. Gary Johnson would have to work on his fitness. Stunning goal he got tonight though....

Anyway, back to Tyson. I can't imagine Forest would want to lose him before the end of their FA Cup run (next game against Liverpool).......What's that? Forest just lost to cash-strapped Luton.... Time to concentrate on the league now, with or without Tyson.

We were quoted £3m+ back in the Summer so unless that has changed I doubt he'll be coming here in January though unlike many on this thread I do rate him especially given his age and how much pace he possesses.

not that we can compete against the likes of bolton and west brom, but should we bring him in and jevons out that leaves us with tyson, trundle, byfield, brooker, enoch and at a push plummer.

surely that would mean someone else would have to leave. i would of said enoch but the way he has been playing over the last few weeks has changed my mind.

i think a move for tyson will depend on how brookers recover goes.

surely that would mean someone else would have to leave.

Not necessarily in January though - two of those have contracts up at the end of the season.

I think Tyson will be out of our price range, unless he requests a move and is out of contract soon and I don't know if either is likely.

If Megson wants him he'll get him over us anyway.

Anyone know, does Kris Commons only play on the left or can he play centrally too? Could be the creative midfielder to give LJ some competition? Didn't he sign only a short extension to his contract in the summer?

Commons was on "the list" in the summer. He signed a one yeal deal for a last chance of going up with the club he loves. He's played as the left in a three in midfield i don't know if that counts as central or not. Opinion seems mixed on whether he does that job well or not.

Tyson has one and a half years left on his deal. Again if they don't go up maybe.

Riordan makes all kinds of sense as I've said before, he "rumour from a tabloid" turned down a move to WBA this September though so who knows if that's true and the reasons for doing so. If we were in for Naismith IMO we should be in for him. Especially as he was given the all clear in August from the old bill. One and a half years left on his deal too.

Judging by what GJ does he's gone for players with half a year left on their deal to hopefully snap them up "on the cheap". Could be one of the non leaguers we've looked at as they both do, could be anyone really. I'll sadly dig around contract details of strikers i like at some point to see who's available.

Craig Davies, Danny Graham, Leon Clarke all have one and a half years felt on their contracts so will no doubt be looked at in the summer.

Anyone know, does Kris Commons only play on the left or can he play centrally too? Could be the creative midfielder to give LJ some competition? Didn't he sign only a short extension to his contract in the summer?

round pegs in square holes............not another grant smith situation PLEASE

Archived