greenun

Year Champ 2nd 6th 22nd

06/07 88 86 75 42

05/06 106 90 75 42

04/05 94 87 73 50

03/04 94 86 73 51

02/03 98 92 74 46

01/02 99 89 75 49

To expand on this a bit, the above table shows points for relative positions in the last 6 years (Greenun check 6th for 2002/3).

At our current points/game (1.76), we would finish with 81 points which looks to be a safe total for the playoffs (what a fantastic season that would be).

I am not thinking of bottom 3 as we only need 8 points to reach 52.

On a flight of fancy; we are an improving side and perhaps with a couple of inspired signings by GJ we can attain a total in the mid to high 80s which may well be enough for automatic promotion this season.

Happy new year to all.

Hope I got it right this time (table trouble)!!!!!

The last two seasons in the Championship 43 points would have kept you up so as we got 44 points then we are already safe. :goingup: :goingup:

No team has gone down with 52 points over the last ten seasons. This season The Championship looks tougher than ever and 54 points might actually be necessary. Only WBA are different class. Colchester and S****horpe will probably go down but will do a god job over the season as they have no stars to lose in January. But the third team? Preston? QPR with possibly three/four new player, Blackpool now at thirty points? Sheffield W? Coventry? Norwich? I can't tell.

It might look academical for us with our unbelievable results but let's concentrate on the next game and count in ten points from now. After that we can concentrate on whatever can be. Of course I also believe we can do it at this stage of the season. But remember we are the underdogs. No pressure. Our biggest advantage can take us far!

In the 2003/04 season fourth team got 74 p. and 22nd 51 p. Nineteen teams within 23 points.

People who are to optimistic sometimes have a very low catastrophe threshold. Don't get carried away..

yet..

Archived