IGNORED

20man Talks Back

Guest GeoffT

Guest GeoffT

I am glad so many of you listen to Radio Bristol.

For those who missed my point yesterday I think if you criticise your team you should be big enough to praise them when it is deserved. There must be fairness and balance.

Until I was deliberately provocative no City fans had called in.

I admire and respect people like Brian who are totally committed and passionate. I certainly enjoyed our exchanges and am confident he will call in again. He is a good character.

Rovers fans were on the programme because they called in! They have had it very tough and surely the most ardent City fan must appreciate the relief they are feeling.

When City are at home we rarely hear from Danny Wilson before 5.30.

Good luck for the rest of the season - strap in, it's going to be exciting.

20man

For those who missed my point yesterday I think if you criticise your team you should be big enough to praise them when it is deserved. There must be fairness and balance.

I admire and respect people like Brian who are totally committed and passionate. I certainly enjoyed our exchanges and am confident he will call in again. He is a good character.

Rovers fans were on the programme because they called in! They have had it very tough and surely the most ardent City fan must appreciate the relief they are feeling.

20man

Being a London based City supporter I must thank you for regularly making the first hour of our journey back somewhat more bearable when we lose and so enjoyable when we win.

Yesterdays programme was made better by the contribution of Brian who summed up the frustration of being a City supporter in such a direct manner and it was good to hear him give you a hard time!

Despite your unfortunate footballing background, I feel your presentation of the Bristol footballing scene is done without bias and with good humour. Keep up the good work.

Thanks

Graham B

Guest city slicker 71

20man

Iv'e been both praising and damning of this club for half a century and when success seems to elude more often than not frustration often results. I take your point concerning balance and the subtle ploy to draw City supporters although I believe it almost backfired! On a day when the whole ground worked in unison perhaps a negative opener was a non-starter?

If you wanted to fire some of us up maybe query how a couple of long- standing City friends of mine waited three weeks to receive their East End tickets only to be told they were in the Carling instead, thereby making way for more QPR people to occupy the shed and in due course to heap coins and foul abuse at Christian Roberts.

Perhaps you can shed some light on how the cameras have made an art form of not showing the true owners of the East End, granted this time we were huddled up into the corner, (note no reduction in price)?

A great day, Ian Holloways appraisal was/is good for Bristol all round it's positive, it's a pity that the attitude of this club on core issues didn't follow suit.

LONG LIVE THE EAST END DEATH TO THE ERECTORS OF TRAITORS GATE

I must admit, that I was a little taken aback, when you made your comments & personally felt it was more, the way it was said rather than what was said.

Provocative :D It came over to many as a real dig.

I think many knew what you were driving at, but were annoyed at the manner to which you expressed it.

I think the after match phone in is too short & should go onto 7.00pm as it 'knee jerk' stuff following the final whistle.

I have heard many a City fan praise the performances this season & as many recently frustrated by the latter match's.

Maybe with DW banning his players from the press has something to do with your outburst :D Could it be you were being accused of taking to air too many negative calls & were trying to readdress the balance? :D

But good radio & certainly promoted a few opinions.

Keep up the good work. :P

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Geoff you were spot on with what you said. I spent friday night cringing with some of the comments made by City fans - "City won't make the playoffs" was the the best example.

We chuckled in the Car on saturday coming home, especially when some geezer from Clevedon came on "I pay my money, I expect to be entertained". Well don't we all? Obviously promotion isn't a priority in some peoples eyes!

Keep up the good work fella, your show is the only thing local radio is good for! :D

Interesting subject. Why do you feel the need to talk back? I thought your comments were over the top and uncalled for. Brian certainly gave a good account of himself and defended our right to be "negative" on occasion.

I always enjoy listening to your show on the way home and think you usually give a very balanced presentation. However, IMHO on this occasion you stepped over the mark.

Archived