IGNORED

Thoughts On Steve Thompson's Red Card?

BristolCity4Life84

I'm not referring to the Rotherham game, Clevedon_Red. I'm referring to the comments made on BCFC World Live Commentary on Saturday... by Kevin Betsy.

Yes.... I recognised the commentary from the Cardiff game on Saturday as the same from the Rotherham game - it's the same guy [Godzilla].

KB interview: http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/sub/TVNews/0,,1...~990815,00.html

Not the Cardiff commentary now is it? :)

I think there must be some misunderstanding here. I listened to at least two guys give commentary on the Bristol City Live Commentary facility, and I'm 100% sure that one of them was Kevin Betsy, as he has been numerous times (I've heard him introduced as same, tell tales about the training sessions, and reveal things about his own experiences). For example, he recently revealed that one of the squad (McIndoe?) doesn't like to fly, and so took his car to the Hull game.

The comments I am referring to were made seconds after the foul (I can't view the video currently).

I suspect we are talking about 2 different things, as I am willing to bet my left arm that I heard Kevin Betsy on the commentary last Saturday, as I so often do. Can anyone confirm?

The live commentary and the commentary on the highlights are two different things.

The live commentary (which you listen to on a Saturday afternoon) is actually provided through a feed from BBC Radio Bristol. This commentary is usually done by Richard Hoskin/Ali Durden and Kevin Betsy/Adam Baker.

The commentary that can be found the highlights (and the club's match dvds) is provided in-house by Media Editor Ed Furniss and myself.

I hope that clarifies the misunderstanding. :)

I agree with everyone in that it was an ugly, unneccessary tackle that fully deserved a red card - now that I've seen it for myself. However, in listening to our commentators on BCFC World (one of whom was Kevin Betsy), they both played it down and said it was a yellow card offence at worst.

I've just watched World and it was said to be "at least a yellow card" not "at worst" ... "at least a red card" would have been my take as it was a career threatening lunge in a nothing situation ... I've no idea what Thompson's intentions were but I'm struggling to think when I've ever seen a more reckless and stupid so-called challenge.

The live commentary and the commentary on the highlights are two different things.

The live commentary (which you listen to on a Saturday afternoon) is actually provided through a feed from BBC Radio Bristol. This commentary is usually done by Richard Hoskin/Ali Durden and Kevin Betsy/Adam Baker.

The commentary that can be found the highlights (and the club's match dvds) is provided in-house by Media Editor Ed Furniss and myself.

I hope that clarifies the misunderstanding. :)

Thank God for that. I thought I was losing my mind.

Archived