IGNORED

Stop Moaning About Lee Johnson

LongwellRed

I had a kid sat behind me today moaning and swearing about Lee Johnson and wanted him subbed off after 30 minutes for apparently "the best midfielder we've got", David Noble... After an hour he was then saying "Lee Johnson's not had a bad game today" and five minutes later it was again "Lee Johnson is ######*ng crap, sub him off". He was even fully blaming Lee Johnson for Barnsley second goal and whenever anyone else made a bad pass he didn't notice but when Johnson did he'd be going mad. He seemed to be in love with Trundle too. Trundle would get a well done for everything including any bad pass. Mind you he did also say "This is the best game I've ever seen us play". Stupid kid. Was a well ground out win but not even close to the best game we've ever played...

Thought Lee Johnson had a decent game.

I just thought that i would like to ad my two pence to the threads on LJ.

I watch the city in the EE with my son and untill yesterday have heard no negative criticism of Lee or any other of the players, I think the ethos is to get behind the team and try not to analyse the game to deeply and to just enjoy the occasion.

Yesterday afternoon two guys close to me spent over an hour slagging lJ off and barracking him at every opportunity.

It was with a smirk that partway through the second half i pointed out to these two well educated football pundits that for over an hour that the had been slagging Ivan Sproule and that LJ played in the midfield and wore 33 on his shirt. They replied that he is crap anyway.

I feel sorry for LJ as I know begin to feel that he is being tainted unjustly and people maybe jumping on the LJ is crap bandwaggon.

I'm not skilled enough to judge LJ on his technical capabillitys, but i do know that i enjoy watching him play, he has also helped city get promoted, he is currently helping us stay in dreamland in the top part of the league. He does not suffer injuries, his fittness is never in question and most importantly for him and many other players his confidence is good.

So come on guys confidence is a very important part of football so lets help the guy out.

Not a big LJ fan but a fan of the city and whoever wears the shirt that Id love to.

:farmer:

I just thought that i would like to ad my two pence to the threads on LJ.

I watch the city in the EE with my son and untill yesterday have heard no negative criticism of Lee or any other of the players, I think the ethos is to get behind the team and try not to analyse the game to deeply and to just enjoy the occasion.

Yesterday afternoon two guys close to me spent over an hour slagging lJ off and barracking him at every opportunity.

It was with a smirk that partway through the second half i pointed out to these two well educated football pundits that for over an hour that the had been slagging Ivan Sproule and that LJ played in the midfield and wore 33 on his shirt. They replied that he is crap anyway.

I feel sorry for LJ as I know begin to feel that he is being tainted unjustly and people maybe jumping on the LJ is crap bandwaggon.

I'm not skilled enough to judge LJ on his technical capabillitys, but i do know that i enjoy watching him play, he has also helped city get promoted, he is currently helping us stay in dreamland in the top part of the league. He does not suffer injuries, his fittness is never in question and most importantly for him and many other players his confidence is good.

So come on guys confidence is a very important part of football so lets help the guy out.

Not a big LJ fan but a fan of the city and whoever wears the shirt that Id love to.

:farmer:

I had a similar idiot sat behind me in B block of the Dloman, he booed LJ's name when read out before the game and then spent the whole game calling LJ a c0ck and a c u next tuesday and even said that no matter what he did, he was always going to be a c0ck.

The same guy then happily showed his knowledge when McIndoe got the ball on the left wing in the first half to shout, "go on JAMIE, I mean SCOTT, or whoever you are", "What's his name"?

After about half an hour of the game, I reallt thought that LJ had changed his name to either c**k or c u next tuesday.

Although I don't think LJ has been anywhere near outstanding for us this season, we are 3rd in the league and the whole formula of the team must be doing something right and for as long as everyone at BCFC is pulling in the right direction and showing the determination that they are, they should be supported 100%.

Have any of you got the otib fanzine from the barnsley match? Some interesting comments about LJ in there from City fans.

Yes, I read the letters.

Obviously 'Michaelmas' is a big LJ fan ! Dunno what Simon of Dorchester wrote in the previous edition but he doesn't appear to have the same opinion.

'Can't defend, passes like a crab, can't head, trots around like a show pony, not good enough for championship etc'

And we're 3rd in the league FFS !

I wonder if the players read the 'zines like they do this forum ?

Passes sideways most of the time

Loses possesion - most of the time

Can't and wont tackle - All of the time

Doesn't score enough for a "creative, flair" midfielder.

Other than that, he's quality. :noexpression:

i m not a fan of lj but i must say these last few games he ras played well though there are games i would sub him for skuse not noble as the midfield is being overun and elliot needs help yes he can be good but there are games like all players that don't suit him :englandsmile4wf:

Well i snapped on Sat after having listened to a real loudmouth londoner who sits 2 rows behind me in the Ateyo going on and on about LJ all season (almost to the point of comedy he is so blinkered) .

I got to sats game a bit hungover shall we say :D and sure enough after 5 mins or so he was at it -" do something positive Johnson" is his mantra no matter what LJ actually does.

Thing is i'm not a fan of LJ either but i can see the job he does for the team and like any other player i might moan at him when he gives it away in a dangerous place but not for trying to be creative.

not so matey behind , anyway I leaned back said/shouted " just give it a rest about Johnson will you mate ffs" and he did ,

almost, i could still hear him chuntering away but this was more about what the team was doing.

Made me feel better anyway to get it off my chest after half a season :blush::rolleyes:

Archived