IGNORED

Gary Johnson -

reddogkev

I know, it sounds foolish at the moment to even think of it, but I read a comment today in a national rag that suggested

Aidy Boothroyd could be in consideration for an england coach role (as a student if you like to the Italian Godfathers) - now I don't know if this was even true or just newspaper hyperbole, but if Aidy could be considered, then surely GJ could also be considered on his own merit - true he has not yet experienced a season in the premiership, but surely this is just a matter of time.

On another note, if GJ continues to progress, hopefully with us, is there the chance that he will oneday reach the heights needed to be considered for the top job? That makes for an interesting thought, imagine the 2014 world cup, GJ at the helm, guiding England to the finals, with Millen as his assistant!!!

I know, it sounds foolish at the moment to even think of it, but I read a comment today in a national rag that suggested

Aidy Boothroyd could be in consideration for an england coach role (as a student if you like to the Italian Godfathers) - now I don't know if this was even true or just newspaper hyperbole, but if Aidy could be considered, then surely GJ could also be considered on his own merit - true he has not yet experienced a season in the premiership, but surely this is just a matter of time.

On another note, if GJ continues to progress, hopefully with us, is there the chance that he will oneday reach the heights needed to be considered for the top job? That makes for an interesting thought, imagine the 2014 world cup, GJ at the helm, guiding England to the finals, with Millen as his assistant!!!

He already has more national experience having been out in Latvia than A.B . His C.V continues to look impressive and will surely have a prem . club knocking on S . L's door if we get there or not .

With our supposed lack of English managers / coaches for sure he will be there at some stage .

:englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf:

Can't see the point of Boothroyd unless Capello intends to bash long high balls up to two big strikers. Don't recall him doing that at Milan, Madrid etc. No doubt at all that Gary is the most sophisticated coach outside the Prem. In fact I can't think of an English one in the Prem with anything like his talent. I suspect it will be Pearce though or Mr Charisma Alan Shearer. :sleeping:

I think GJ has to be one of the more successful English managers at the moment and, as mentioned, he has international experience too. Of course, I hope that the FA forget about the M4 and bugger off to Watford!

However, I think having an Englishman on the coaching staff is the most tokenistic of token gestures. If we need someone with a winning perigee and experience of managing at the highest level, how is anyone going to achieve that by carrying bags of footballs and training cones for the next four years?!

Any potential future England manager needs to be in their late 40s, early 50s and in charge of a team playing in the Champions League now. As that isn't happening (nor likely to happen for the foreseeable future) I think the same problem will arise next time round.

Some reported Stuart Pearce as someone who will be brought in to work with the new coaching staff, tipping him to be groomed for the job in the future, hopefully this is wild speculation because there is 20 managers I could think of with more experience and a proven record of succesful management in the game.

I would rather have Gary Johnson in charge of our club than any of the following,

Sam Allerdyce

Gareth southgate

Steve Bruce

Gary Megson

Roy Keane

Lawrie Sanchez

Billy Davies

Avram Grant

They all manage in the preimer leauge and i would keep our manager over any of them.

..........2018 WORLD CUP AT THE NEW GATE.

..........2018 WORLD CUP AT THE NEW GATE.

Red...just wondering why you need to remind us of what robbored said about holloway everytime you make a post? why not change it to Gary J is a legend... its a city forum so do we really need to have hollowhead ramned down our necks? perhaps I am missing something and you will explain.

Archived