IGNORED

Bookies Underestimating Us?

Loderingo

I was just browsing the latest Championship odds. I was quite astounded to find the best odds you could get on us winning the league are 33-1 with Sporting Bet. Compare that to odds of around 25-1 at the beginning of the season and that suggests we are less likely to win it despite only being 3 points from the top after 22 games. Indeed with West Brom and Watford facing tough away games it's not inconceivable that we could be joint top at the halfway stage. I'm not saying that we are actually going to win the league by any means but surely 10-1 would be a fairer price. For comparison you can get 14-1 on Derby to stay up with Paddy Power. I'm sure I know which event is really most likely. Thoughts?

Iteresting thread this as I've just had a lttle wager at 35/1 with betfair. Considering we could possibly be top by Tuesday, it does seem a bit strange.

I'm hoping we are still around the play-offs, not too far away from the leaders and I might be able to lay them and make a few quid in Jan/Feb

I doubt very much we will be top by tuesday unless we beat Barnsley by double figures and Sjoke do similar to WBA.

Unless you meant we win saturday, Watford lose and we beat WBA on Boxing day (wednesday) :doh:

As for the odd it does seem that very few outside City feel we have a chance. Even according to sky we're punching above our weight. guess we will just have to carry on proving them all wrong.

Archived