IGNORED

Has Trundle Finally Found His Feet?

rossjonesuk

Hard work and quality on the ball. Did showboat a few times in the wrong place... I just want to see him get a few quality goals. It can't be easy having Byfield breathing down your neck and forcing the issue... £1,000,000 was paid for goals... But I'd say £1,000,000 and a promotion challenging team is money very well spent. Quality in depth.

Tbh Robins, I think he came off today just to waste time.

I think your right today Henry but I would like to see him play a full game as hes coming into his own and I can see it not ebign long before the goals start flowing in. He even helps back in defence stopping the free kick with his head in the second half today when Barnsley had a good opportunity to score.

I think your right today Henry but I would like to see him play a full game as hes coming into his own and I can see it not ebign long before the goals start flowing in. He even helps back in defence stopping the free kick with his head in the second half today when Barnsley had a good opportunity to score.

Agree with you there.

Think he just needs one to go in then he'll off and running.

Agree with everything above and LT was my MOTM today. One question which will upset a few is....How the hell did LJ play 90 minutes? He was awful :disapointed2se:

Disagree.

Thought he did alright today, few stray passes but then you have to expect that from a League 1/Championship playmaker.

Agree with everything above and LT was my MOTM today. One question which will upset a few is....How the hell did LJ play 90 minutes? He was awful :disapointed2se:

I thought the same 2 things to be honest. Definatly better from trundle but Johnson and Sproule were IMO non existant today. We got the points though so none of it really matters now!! Merry Christmas

Trundle played well today. LJ was OK - nothing spectacular and not awful either. McCombe was found wanting when Odejayi came on - good management by GJ to plug that particular gap. The only real gripe I had today was that Orr, who was so blatantly fouled for their goal it was untrue, completely lost the plot for twenty minutes afterwards and decided to have a running battle with the referee rather than concentrate on his game. For that twenty minutes he was total pants - I presume that GJ had a little word at half time because he was a lot more on his game second half.

The player who really makes a difference to us as an attacking force, though, is McIndoe. He is real Championship quality, has a good footballing brain, works his b0ll0ck$ off as well and is the one player we have who can really make things happen. I think he is every bit as big a signing as Elliott.

The player who really makes a difference to us as an attacking force, though, is McIndoe. He is real Championship quality, has a good footballing brain, works his b0ll0ck$ off as well and is the one player we have who can really make things happen. I think he is every bit as big a signing as Elliott.

Totally agree with that. The two things I've noticed about McIndoe is that he is the most driven footballer I've seen at Ashton Gate and that he completely puts the myth about wingers being inconsistent to bed.

After todays performance, on top of Plymouth and Cardiff, has the big man finally started to find his feet?

A few excellent touches, always looking to hold the ball up and lay it off, and even the odd venomous strike from a nothing situation....

Long may it continue.

I think he's done ok all season really

last few games he has looked very good...

his vision and touch/lay off is quality and 3 goals in 20 odd games means f@all if you are a key player in a team with 41 points before boxing day

i enjoy watching him play, he's a great player and really couldn't give a t*ss if he don't score again all season

The game was every bit as hard as I thought it would be.

Barnsley were a cynical outfit who had obviously had a look at us in the last few months and decided everytime Marv got the ball somebody would either get in his face or hack him down.

On the above points - I thought LJ was average today. He wasn't crap but he wasn't great either.

Trundle and McIndoe for me were terrific - finally we go down there and watch a team with creativity up front and players looking to take others on.

Remember this time last year we had Jevons and Myrie-Williams up front both frightened to have a shot against teams like Northampton and Tranmere.

Now we have quality and we're turning over teams who last year were playing Arsenal and Man Utd in the league.

Sometimes we just have to stand back and remember that.

I haven't posted much lately as I have missed a few games with work and other commitments; but having seen the last two games and the highlights from the Plymouth game, I have to say that LT is starting to look the player we paid for.

I think he has been very unlucky to draw great saves out of the 'keepers in each of those games and I think that must change soon as he strikes the truer than any player I have seen in the last ten years.

He rarely over hits a pass to a colleague and seems to give them passes which are easy to control.

The other thing I have noticed which was highlighted in that run yesterday is, he has the ability to maintain what pace he has when running with the ball under close control. That's a rare ability as lots of fast players have to slow when they are running with the ball and keep it under control. I think it's sufficient to balance up his lack of genuine pace.

He seems focused, slightly less bulky and to have "bought in" to the GJ philosophy.

In short, he is a quality act and is well worth the money paid.

Lee was a class act yesterday he has looked better but yesterday I think we saw the real Lee Trundle today he has been off key a little bit at times this season but whatever happened (I'm guessing the split) he has now got the bit back between his teeth and really looks up for it. He now needs a real run of games not 3-5 and then subs bench he needs a good 8 games and he will show us what he can do.

Fantastic stuff loved his run down the right wing in the first half he just went past player after player and did well to just keep it on the pitch in the first place.

Lee was a class act yesterday he has looked better but yesterday I think we saw the real Lee Trundle today he has been off key a little bit at times this season but whatever happened (I'm guessing the split) he has now got the bit back between his teeth and really looks up for it. He now needs a real run of games not 3-5 and then subs bench he needs a good 8 games and he will show us what he can do.

Fantastic stuff loved his run down the right wing in the first half he just went past player after player and did well to just keep it on the pitch in the first place.

makes you think doesn't it??

Our "star" striker is starting to find his feet and looking good and we're STILL third in the league.

What will happen when he finally hits the back of the net again? I know that I will rise to my feet and applaud him as he has been so unlucky this season.

I am big Trundle fan not just for his skills on the pitch but his attitude off it too, nothing seems to be too much for him, autographs, pictures, a chat, even when playing in the reserves.

A good pro who appreciates the fact that he does what he loves for a living...

think Trundle has adjusted well and is finding his feet VERY well now, his form is getting better all the time and his partnership with Enoch is looking promising, with Byfield doing well on a regular basis from the bench and getting goals, you have to wonder where Brooker will fit in if he gets fully fit.

He'll do very well to get a place in the squad, let alone the team for a while.

Archived