IGNORED

Their Second

MightyRed

Topic title speaks for itself really. Was letting somebody past me so my view was obscured.

From what I saw, they chipped a loopy corner across, pretty close to 6 yard box, and Souza was free to nod it in.

a) Was it Basso's to claim?

b) Was he obstructed from doing so?

c) Who was marking Souza?

d) Why wasn't he marking Souza?

Thanks,

MR

Topic title speaks for itself really. Was letting somebody past me so my view was obscured.

From what I saw, they chipped a loopy corner across, pretty close to 6 yard box, and Souza was free to nod it in.

Thanks,

MR

Basso let it go over his head and Showumni (i think) lost his man, end result = a sloppy goal.

Basso was definitely at fault, as was their highly rated keeper for our second equaliser.

Yep definitely agree with that.

Basso is possibly one of the best shot stoppers I've seen.

Before he joined us, a mate of mine follows Woking and he said to me you've got a keeper coming who is flamboyant and an amazing shot stopper but has to work on his kicking and judgement.

I've lost count of the places where we've gone and got something because of some terrific saves from Basso. Sheff Weds away springs to mind as one!

However he still sometimes doesn't come or comes when he shouldn't for the odd ball across the area.

The goal was his fault, but he'll know that and I have no doubt he'll be working with Naylor and Weale on fixing weaknesses. He's that sort of professional.

Thanks,

MR

Funny really, I was in the Atyeo E block and for some reason I watched Basso all the way.

Initially he stood in the middle of the goal, but he was being blocked by a Barnsley player who was stood in front of him. At this point Basso moved to the far post so that as the cross came over he could then run towards the middle of the goal unobstructed and claim the cross.

The problem was, the cross was placed in exactly the same place as he just ran from, therefore the ball sailed over his head and he got caught in no-mans land.

Archived