IGNORED

Anyone Else Getting Annoyed:

Big Red Rich

With all this stupid text talk. What is the harm in spending an extra 2 minutes writing in proper English so the rest of us can understand.

If you've got a point to make that you feel the users of this board is interested in, then write in a language we can understand.

There isnt a set amount of characters per post so theres no need to write in text talk, is there?

Here's an example:

Do U Still Want Wilson To Go?, Now we r playing good footie

I never wanted wilson 2 go in the 1st place because i dont think hes that bad but now we r playing good football and i imagine hes going 2 keep the same squad 4 swindon etc do u still want him 2 go? Personally i dont want him 2. But what do the rest of u think?

Now its the Easter holidays, does this mean I need to buy a text dictionary to understand the majority of posts??? I sincerely hope not.

• Admin
Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin.  <------- more of this kind of translation moderators please, I totally agree with you Large Crimson Richard. :D

But the text filters work by recognising the text and automatically replacing it. Doing so in the above example would make sense but something like "Man U 2 Bristol City 4" would change to "Man you to Bristol City for" and would be even more of a mindtrip to comprehend :D

Guest DrFaustus
With all this stupid text talk. What is the harm in spending an extra 2 minutes writing in proper English so the rest of us can understand.

If you've got a point to make that you feel the users of this board is interested in, then write in a language we can understand.

There isnt a set amount of characters per post so theres no need to write in text talk, is there?

Here's an example:

Now its the Easter holidays, does this mean I need to buy a text dictionary to understand the majority of posts??? I sincerely hope not.

Fanx mate, your kool. We 2 hv 2 mny of d txt spk ****ts on d Gas forum.

There are limits, the odd bit of text language is ok in my opinion, it isnt exactly a foreign language. But whole sentances in text language is annoying. As for lots of laughter i like that abreviation. It recipricates laughter to a comment, the other option is to write that was funny ha ha ha. I prefer l 0 l.

Guest maxie

Yes, I must agree. It is so much easier to read well scripted and typed messages. And it doesn't take much effort to make sure that everything reads well and is spelt accurately. More power to your elbow.

Archived