IGNORED

Darren Byfield

BristolCity4Life84

I`ve long said that he should start up front with Enoch. I think there`s a few reasons why Johnson isn`t starting him regularly.

1: When we were playing 1 up front with Noble in behind Enoch and he was persisting with that.

2: The improved form of Trundle.

3: Maybe sees him as more effective coming off the bench.

I think particularly with him scoring as a sub yet again, hopefully GJ will get the message that he`s worth a start.

Guest zider_head

Cant do any more then he is doing can he, look at these stats :-

Byfield - 8 starts, 11 subs = 7 goals

Trundle - 15 starts, 5 subs = 3 goals

Enoch - 8 starts, 3 subs = 3 goals

So on paper we should be starting Enoch and Byfield, I don't recall them playing together much have they ?

I'm hoping brooker comes good as I think he and trundle would work well with byfield to come off the bench maybe

I`ve long said that he should start up front with Enoch. I think there`s a few reasons why Johnson isn`t starting him regularly.

1: When we were playing 1 up front with Noble in behind Enoch and he was persisting with that.

2: The improved form of Trundle.

3: Maybe sees him as more effective coming off the bench.

I think particularly with him scoring as a sub yet again, hopefully GJ will get the message that he`s worth a start.

Let me see, I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact we have just had 6 game unbeaten run (won 4 drew 2).

i'm sure that unlike the last 2 incompetents we had in charge, our current manager is well on top of it and when HE feels the time is right, he will make the said change.

Let me see, I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact we have just had 6 game unbeaten run (won 4 drew 2).

i'm sure that unlike the last 2 incompetents we had in charge, our current manager is well on top of it and when HE feels the time is right, he will make the said change.

Bit harsh on DW !

Byfield has always looked a player who is more threatening when coming on as a sub, rather than starting,

that said, there is alot of games over xmas, so I'm sure he will get his chance from the start, it's upto him to then prove he is more than just a super-sub

Bit harsh on DW !

He was one of the highest paid managers outside of the premiership, had (in terms of our lowly position) a lot of money to spend, had 5 years and what did he achieve, 1 mickey mouse cup and 1 play off final embarrassment. He signed mainly crap players, allowed a drinking culture to spiral out of control, the team were desperately unfit (usually blowing things in the last 20 minutes of games) he always tried to spin abysmal performances into good performances, he was arrogant and he treated the fans as people who should pay their money and keep quiet, he is a manager with a very ordinary cv and i'm glad we are rid of him (only wish we did'nt have to endure 18 months of the legend).

We have a real manager at last.

He was one of the highest paid managers outside of the premiership, had (in terms of our lowly position) a lot of money to spend, had 5 years and what did he achieve, 1 mickey mouse cup and 1 play off final embarrassment. He signed mainly crap players, allowed a drinking culture to spiral out of control, the team were desperately unfit (usually blowing things in the last 20 minutes of games) he always tried to spin abysmal performances into good performances, he was arrogant and he treated the fans as people who should pay their money and keep quiet, he is a manager with a very ordinary cv and i'm glad we are rid of him (only wish we did'nt have to endure 18 months of the legend).

We have a real manager at last.

I agree we now have a quality manager, surely one of the best in our mediocre history.

You can't say that Wilson was incompetent though, I think his record overall was pretty good, just lacked that bit of luck/judgement at crucial moments.

I always enjoyed the way we played and the fact that he used a lot of local guys eg. Phillips, Carey, Doherty,Hill, Burnell,Brown, Coles.

Can't think of any horrendous signings either. Lee M wasn't a total disaster.

He didn't strike me as arrogant, in fact one thing that did annoy me was his constant pitying the opposition after City'd beaten them.

Agree to disagree on this.

Lever is the worst player i've ever seen in a BCFC shirt.

Can't have played many games? Knee injured most of the time. At the time he was signed from Grimsby I thought he would be a great signing being a regular in The Championship.

Trundle is on a three year contract and we paid £1 000 000. Byfield is only on a one year contract and we paid £250 000.

Think it was made clear from the beginning that Byfield would only play second string as the club look to promote their big investment.

Byfield has done extremely well.

Archived