IGNORED

Captain Cover - Needed In January

Lordofthebling

I really don't want to moan... I am a big Boom Boom fan, but I am sad to say that although out of this world last season, he is simply not good enough for this division.

I know he may still be finding his feet after injury and time on the sidelines, but he is too one dimensional for this division. You have to be clever, and although he adds weight to our defence in the air, his concentration and play on the ground is severly lacking. Strikers beat him for pace every time....

Its no reason that when Carey is out - we miss leadership at the back and subsequently - usually lose.

We need back up for central defence and fast... And as for Macca and Orr, they had shockers as well.

I really don't want to moan... I am a big Boom Boom fan, but I am sad to say that although out of this world last season, he is simply not good enough for this division.

I know he may still be finding his feet after injury and time on the sidelines, but he is too one dimensional for this division. You have to be clever, and although he adds weight to our defence in the air, his concentration and play on the ground is severly lacking. Strikers beat him for pace every time....

Its no reason that when Carey is out - we miss leadership at the back and subsequently - usually lose.

We need back up for central defence and fast... And as for Macca and Orr, they had shockers as well.

Sadly LOTB, i am in agreement with you here. I too thank Boom Boom for everything he did to get us up, the last ditch tackle at Carlisle was worth the 50k alone. However, as the reasons stated above, he isn't quite good enough for a top 6 championship side. We always seem to lose without Carey, so a class centre half is needed to partner him, therefore McCombe is cover as a 'second' centre half.

I think we have a bigger problem at full back though. Both Orr and JMC are solid full backs, but if we want to compete at the top half of this league, then they need to be replaced desperately. Basso is definitely good enough, but had one of those shockers today, which only left Fontaine of the back 5 to perform well.

It didn't help that Elliott, Sproule and McIndoe were all off the pace today, leaving the excellent Johnson to run the midfield singlehandedly at times.

Sadly LOTB, i am in agreement with you here. I too thank Boom Boom for everything he did to get us up, the last ditch tackle at Carlisle was worth the 50k alone. However, as the reasons stated above, he isn't quite good enough for a top 6 championship side. We always seem to lose without Carey, so a class centre half is needed to partner him, therefore McCombe is cover as a 'second' centre half.

I think we have a bigger problem at full back though. Both Orr and JMC are solid full backs, but if we want to compete at the top half of this league, then they need to be replaced desperately. Basso is definitely good enough, but had one of those shockers today, which only left Fontaine of the back 5 to perform well.

It didn't help that Elliott, Sproule and McIndoe were all off the pace today, leaving the excellent Johnson to run the midfield singlehandedly at times.

The full-backs are a major concern at this level. Orr has stepped up but simply didn't perform today but McAllister has been treading a tight rope for far too long now IMHO. He is nowhere near good enough defensively for this division and needs to be looked at in January. The same applies to McCombe. He looks a shadow of the player he was last season and needs to be taken out of the firing line.

I know for a fact that if Louis was playing today there is no way in hell that we'd have conceded three shocking goals like the last three were today. Leadership and organisation are invaluable at this level it seems.

Though Johnson minor was pretty good first half, but faded to anonymity, in the second, till Noble came on, whereupon he became very effective again

McIndoe was the least effective player today, followed by Bradley, and Boom Boom.

Though Johnson minor was pretty good first half, but faded to anonymity, in the second, till Noble came on, whereupon he became very effective again

McIndoe was the least effective player today, followed by Bradley, and Boom Boom.

I thought Lee Johnson was our best player today, a couple of truely class balls, including one to Trundle when he was fractionally offside. I feel very sorry for the bloke, it was fully 7 seconds before the bloke sat next to me said, 'Johnsons shit, he should be there' as the ball went across the midfield. He got a mouthful from me and seemed to shut up for the rest of the game!!

As I have said, McCombe was awesome last season, but we lack leadership when Carey is out. Boom Boom just seems to get outfoxed everytime, and when he has the ball at his feet, he looks like a deer in headlights.

I was shocked by Maccas display today, got done everytime by the diagonal ball across. Orr tried the same thing and it was comical how many times Orr decided to punt it. Although to be fair, Sproule is not much of an outlet...

Only players that I thought vaguely showed up today was Trundle and Fontaine. Johnson had a good 20+ and 70+ phase, but he did go missing when the goals were flying in. What annoys me most about him is when there is a 50/50 ball on offer, he does that weird, half kick thing, in case he gets hurt - just put your foot through it son and shoot!

Archived