IGNORED

Men Vs. Boys

tin

Sorry but that's the truth. WBA are a class outfit and, as I maintained when we skanked a 1-1 in October, anyone who finishes above them will win the league.

But, in truth, although they were by far the better side, 4-1 was never a fair reflection. We created great chances through Elliott in the first half, then Trundle, Byfield and Johnson all should've done better in the second.

The errors that ruined us were very basic though indeed. McCombe's woeful error for the third goal was unreal. Schoolboys would genuinely be embarrassed by that one. McAllister has proved yet again that he isn't up to the Championship and Orr had a shocking off day today as well. That's without mentioning Basso's horrendous error that nearly added to the woe as well.

Unfortunately, Louis Carey has proved he is invaluable to us. Without his leadership on the field today we looked more like relegation candidates than promotion contenders. McCombe and McAllister can leave in January as far as I'm concerned as they have clearly proved that they are not up to it.

Bad day at the office but new faces are needed if we're to maintain this position starting with a top drawer striker, David Connolly would be ideal...

Sorry but that's the truth. WBA are a class outfit and, as I maintained when we skanked a 1-1 in October, anyone who finishes above them will win the league.

I agree, lets face it they're a very good team.

But, in truth, although they were by far the better side, 4-1 was never a fair reflection. We created great chances through Elliott in the first half, then Trundle, Byfield and Johnson all should've done better in the second.

You're right about the chances, Elliott and Trundle were at nil nil, Johnson had a good effort blocked and we should have had a stonewall penalty after Byfield got clattered in the aftermath.

The errors that ruined us were very basic though indeed. McCombe's woeful error for the third goal was unreal. Schoolboys would genuinely be embarrassed by that one. McAllister has proved yet again that he isn't up to the Championship and Orr had a shocking off day today as well. That's without mentioning Basso's horrendous error that nearly added to the woe as well.

The 3rd goal was horrendous, from where i sat it appeared to be Basso's error too. McAllister isn't good enough defensively, West Brom targeted him with long diagonal passes, and McIndoe and Fontaine got booked covering for him. Their first goal was solely his fault and the third was down his side too. Orr tries really hard, as is definitely capable at this level. Not for a team in the top 6 though.

Unfortunately, Louis Carey has proved he is invaluable to us. Without his leadership on the field today we looked more like relegation candidates than promotion contenders. McCombe and McAllister can leave in January as far as I'm concerned as they have clearly proved that they are not up to it.

I wouldn't want McCombe to leave, but he must only play if along side a 'leader' such as Carey or a new signing.

Bad day at the office but new faces are needed if we're to maintain this position starting with a top drawer striker, David Connolly would be ideal...

Where is Connolly now? It must be said that Kevin Phillips was outstanding today and shows the difference on having a tio class marksman up there.

Any news on the job?? :surrender:

For all of Marvin Elliott's excellence, Louis is simply our most important player and has held us together on numerous occasions this season.

It looks very unlikely that he'll be back on Saturday so this is Vasko's big chance, McCombe is finding the step up very difficult and with Fontaine suspended at Burnley the big Hungarian could well find this is the game that decides whether he is here long term or not.

Where is Connolly now? It must be said that Kevin Phillips was outstanding today and shows the difference on having a tio class marksman up there.

Any news on the job?? :surrender:

Connolly's stuck in Sunderland's reserves mate. Proven track record at this level, surely chomping at the bit to play regularly and wouldn't think the step down is beyond him. He could be the difference in making or not making top six this season. Must get a bid in in January but there'll be a lot of suitors for him I'd imagine.

As for the job, still stuck but off til the 2nd now so a decent chance to hunt. Things have moved forward on the bird front mind... :innocent06:

Connolly's stuck in Sunderland's reserves mate. Proven track record at this level, surely chomping at the bit to play regularly and wouldn't think the step down is beyond him. He could be the difference in making or not making top six this season. Must get a bid in in January but there'll be a lot of suitors for him I'd imagine.

As for the job, still stuck but off til the 2nd now so a decent chance to hunt. Things have moved forward on the bird front mind... :innocent06:

If he's still in their reserves, i'd say he'd be the ideal target then to bolster our options. However, with Brooker nearing fitness, one or two of him Noble or Jevons must leave to make way for a new player.

Tell me more on the bird front pal...although you're probably better to pm me as you don't want this rabble taking the piss!!

good player,

but most likely he will be going back to Leicester along with Graham Kav, when it comes to transfer fee's and wages, unlikely we will be able to compete on that scale with Leicester, he did cost them £1.9m last year, so will want to get a large amount of that back

It was scary when they are 3-1 up and they bring on the likes of Craig Beattie and Ishamel Miller...

We go 4-1 down and bring on Cole Skuse.

Best team in this division by an absolute country mile.

What more do u want!!

Most of us were happy with staying up this season, we were playing what everyone calls the favs for promotion this year.

we aint got the parachute payments yet to have players like that.

Not having a go mate, to be honest i was hoping for a draw at most today.

Fair play to the boys , they were up for it and could of scored more, but it wasnt to be.

Its been said already who would have betted on us being where we are today?

I's happy, not with the result, but where we are.

Exceded my expectations, we are the no1 team in the West Country ( Drink Up Ye Zider :farmer:).

Steve,

You knows what we need as u spoke to GJ ( it was said on Radio Brizz tonight ) Lets push for it, you want it, we want it, let Bristol have it.

Come On U Redzzz.

City Till I Die

My little thoughts are we were playing a tremendously well drilled side and just couldn't keep up with it. Enoch, the big man up front wasn't holding onto the ball well enough so we were rather ##%#ed for attacking potency. Unfortnate game to lose King Louis for also.

That's how to do business as a home side though, keep bashing on the door 'til it caves in (simple really!).

West Brom were a class act, feared another Ipswich on the cards after 10 minutes or so, did well to keep them held as long as we did - must have been tiring work. Kevin Phillips ain't too bad either, wonder how much they're paying him?

Still, onward Redmen onward..

...never stop believing, Rodders old son never stop believing!

What more do u want!!

Most of us were happy with staying up this season, we were playing what everyone calls the favs for promotion this year.

we aint got the parachute payments yet to have players like that.

Not having a go mate, to be honest i was hoping for a draw at most today.

Fair play to the boys , they were up for it and could of scored more, but it wasnt to be.

Its been said already who would have betted on us being where we are today?

I's happy, not with the result, but where we are.

Exceded my expectations, we are the no1 team in the West Country ( Drink Up Ye Zider :farmer: ).

Steve,

You knows what we need as u spoke to GJ ( it was said on Radio Brizz tonight ) Lets push for it, you want it, we want it, let Bristol have it.

Come On U Redzzz.

City Till I Die

Sparky, I was sat there amazed at the squad they have at their disposal, they are winning by 3 goals to 1 and bring on a premiership player in Miller.

We need to get a goal back and our most attacking option on the bench at that time was Skuse! Its not a critisism, I am very proud of where we are and what has been done, but that was a wake up call and the bench mark that we are now aiming for in my book.

Archived