IGNORED

Well Done

Ashcott Boy

Ever since the tickets sold out i was regretting not getting one and here is a comment from a WBA fan from another forum.

Hard Luck today chaps.

Gotta say I was really impressed with your away support. You bought about as many fans as Wolves did this season, and they were really vocal, upstanding, good natured lot. When you got your one goal back with 4minutes left, to a man they were singing "We're going to win 5-4, we're going to win 5-4".

I was most impressed. Hats off to ya.

Well done to everyone that went today, you did yourselves and the club proud! :city:

The atmosphere was non existent. Every time a song was started and people tried to stand and sing, some one else behind would tell you to sit down. There was a time I'd look forward to away games for the singing side. Reserved seating has killed this. Give me the East End any day of the week.

PS. we missed Carey big time today. Should have had a foul just before they scored their first, and then a penalty straight after. The ref was shit.

Rant over.

Merry xmas one and all.

The noise from our guys, bar the we're going to win 5-4 chant was much less than usual. WMP police told a couple of folks down the front right, off for swearing etc etc. Stewards did also.

The funniest thing was the coloured fella, and his poodled blonde girlie, gesturing to us after they scored the first, middle finger in the air blah blah..anyways the stewards told em both off, and they didnt even look at us the rest of the game. They werent particularly noisy till they went a goal up either.

Fair shout about the different type of fan there today. singing didnt really get off the ground did it?

I was sat in the home fans in the stand to the right of the away end one block away from the corner up the far end. The noise at times especialy at the start of the game was really good from the city fans, could even hear you outsinging wba at some points.

I think there stadium is good for accoustics though, as the stand opposite the away end seemed to be really loud especially in the 2nd half, one of the noisest ends i've heard in all the games i've been to, and the noise from the away end and wba fans in there was really loud and almost the length of the pitch away.

Fair play to the 2800 minus the arsehole who tried to gain entry with a Swiss army knife and got rather upset that the Police wouldnt allow him in with it.he even questioned the said Officers with a "But its a Swiss Army knife"....and the bloke was in his 40's,well dressed and appeared to be intelligent !

Deciding to venture with it to his car, he would'nt even allow his wife to go on in when it was 10 mins till kick off

What a 'Tard

Enjoyed it myself, good banter with the WBA lot who seemed a good bunch. @stand up if you hate Millwall was a good one!

I was in the middle and enjoyed the singing, thought we were quite loud - but to be honest - apart from Byfield missing an absolute sitter and Enoch failing to head anywhere near goal - we didnt have much to shout about...

The atmosphere was non existent. Every time a song was started and people tried to stand and sing, some one else behind would tell you to sit down. There was a time I'd look forward to away games for the singing side. Reserved seating has killed this. Give me the East End any day of the week.

PS. we missed Carey big time today. Should have had a foul just before they scored their first, and then a penalty straight after. The ref was shit.

Rant over.

Merry xmas one and all.

Agree with you Pilnin. I stood up and the bloke behind me told me quite rudely to sit down becasue this was a football match and not a playground. I told him after the game that if he ever spoke to me like that again I would not be responsible for my actions. The support yesterday was vey poor considering how many fans we took. Hope we are all up for the Burnley trip! :disapointed2se:

Rant over.

Merry xmas one and all.

Pilnin says it all really, except how lots of our supporters stormed out after their fourth went in.

I can understand the frustration, but it did not help, and the players heads went down after that.

Considering our numbers, we made less noise than 250 in the East End, and to be honest, the fans let the players down more than the other way.

Reserved seating may have been the problem, but felt ashamed to be associated with the lot I was sat by.

"sit down if you love football" more like "sit down if your a miserable git, who should have gone to the sales!"

STAND UP, FOR THE ATMOSPHERE!

That was not meant just be a dig at people who can't afford all the games. However yesterday a number of people who normally travel away I know non season ticket holders couldn't get a ticket. They was also a lot of people who I haven't recongised from other away games, to be fair this doesn't help to add to the atmosphere. I reckon max of 800 be they on sat but the atmosphere should be good :fingerscrossed:

Guess the 2800 was made up of the new breed of footie fan , must admit the tickets went quicker than i expected so i didnt manage to get 1 , i havent missed a boxing day game for about 15 years and they are usually quality atmospheres espcially as we are usually away, thought the plymouth home one a few years back was poor also , i reckon the palarse and qpr games will be good when the real fans clamber on board the trains and tubes and have a good drink in london and make a day of it , not like the 4 x 4 brigade that sounds like went to wba

Pilnin says it all really, except how lots of our supporters stormed out after their fourth went in.

I can understand the frustration, but it did not help, and the players heads went down after that.

Considering our numbers, we made less noise than 250 in the East End, and to be honest, the fans let the players down more than the other way.

Reserved seating may have been the problem, but felt ashamed to be associated with the lot I was sat by.

"sit down if you love football" more like "sit down if your a miserable git, who should have gone to the sales!"

STAND UP, FOR THE ATMOSPHERE!

The players heads went down cus some fans left at 4 nil? I think we were well and truly beaten by then!

I don't think the police and stewards helped the situation, the police were constantly staring at us warning anyone swearing, yet they werent staring in the direction of the west brom support. Intimidation on a grand scale, couldnt wait to leave rather than sit there + be stared at

The surprise to me is the lack of singers. Every other away game I've been to for the last ten years, theyve been there, EVEN at the Mongs on a very soggy Friday night after we'd blown promotion yet again.

Was one guy behind me with his two kids tried singing a couple of songs, and that was pretty much it.....Opposite to Cov earlier in the season.

Worst away game Ive been to in years.

With 10,000 ST Holders, getting away tickets will become impossible, if you haven't got one and this will make the mix at away matches quite different.

Gone will be those who enter about 5-15 minutes before kick off with nine pints on board and who "have a great time" standing up & singing..normally in front of others who got there earlier and then can't see!!

It's for that reason then I am 100% in favour of safe standing & singing areas so those who wish to can.......well, stand & sing!!

In terms of allocated seating, it's preposterous.

If there are 3,000 seats, then sell 3,000 tickets and everyone has a seat-Simple-The later you arrive, the less choice you have-Dead Simple.

Oh and the reason we took as many as Wolves? They only got 2,800 tickets as well, which is fair enough because WBA should sell them to their own fans first.We could have sold another 1,500-2,000.

Archived