IGNORED

Were They Pens?

BS3_RED

I'm not going to comment on the game as i would like to see the highlights first but i just want to get everyone else's view on the penalty shouts.

I cant remember the details of the first ( so please remind me) but i can remember at the time saying it was a blatant pen.

The second one was on Byfield when the defender went through the back of him, maybe tv will show the defender got the ball but it looked a diff pen at the time.

The third would off been harsh pen, when Trundle went down near the end. I didnt really see a lot in it, though i have seen pens given for it.

Overall i think the ref was crap, demonstrated by Brom giving away 4 free kicks in the first 10 minutes for shirt pulling with no booking but when Johnson did it he recieved a booking, only for a Brom player to do it again and not recieve a booking.

The 1st would have been the Orr handball- penalty

Byfield's - penalty

Trundle- no penalty

my reactions at the time.

I was not on about that one.

We had a pen shout a 1-0 down and i cant remember the incident now but we had two big shouts early in the second half.

The 1st would have been the Orr handball- penalty

Byfield's - penalty

Trundle- no penalty

my reactions at the time.

Agree, Orr was right in front of me and defo was a handball. Byfield got taken out and imo was a pen, Trundles, if you mean the one in the last 10 mins? wasnt. Think we had a couple more shouts?.

Interesting to see if the ball went out of play just before they got there first :dunno:

They should have had a pen for handball and we should have had one for Byfield challenge. Hate to blame the ref- we will end sounding like a lot of the teams that we beat. The only one that might have made a difference was when we were 1 down but to be honest even then it was a big ask as they were just too good.

They should have had a pen for handball and we should have had one for Byfield challenge. Hate to blame the ref- we will end sounding like a lot of the teams that we beat.

Truest words that will be spoken on here. WBA were worthy of their win, no question about that and we rode our luck with one, maybe two handballs first half, so lets not go in for the referee sour grapes bit, however, no one can tell me the referee was consistent or fair. In the first hour we had players pulled back three or four times, not opinion, the referee gave them, yet only when McIndoe did it to one of theirs was it a booking. Czech frontman dives to get Fontaine sent off - actually even more obvious a dive than Campbell-Rice for Barnsley last Saturday - and ref buys it. No one can explain to me after that how the referee not only fails to play the advantage to let Sproule go clear off a bad challenge but then doesn't even produce a card. The ref stunk up the place to the extent he was a homer. Need I mention Byfield's penalty shout or anything else. We didn't get a sniff from the referee, its no wonder we were demoralised by the second half.

To give the team some critical review, our full backs were shocking, that's probably Bradley Orr's worst ever game in a City shirt, he was awful, the defence fell apart in the face of a complete absence of defence on the flanks, Sproule contributed to the hopelessness of the right flank - fantastic pace but I think he lacks confidence in his own abiltiy that even we trust in - and Lee Johnson was in and out again, in fact what defined a pretty dismal second half for me was that Marvin Elliott simply did not give up, he was the only player to play with pride at even 4-0 down and if you needed any evidence that a Prem team will take him in the next few weeks it was his exasperation at all his team mates around him giving up with 20 to play when he was still giving his all. 11 Elliott's and we'll stay in the top six.

Archived