IGNORED

Reserve Keeper

SUPER REDS

Now we have a strong squad is a Reserve Keeper a waste of time now the likes of Brooker and Murray can not get on the bench would they help more than a keeper,I know Basso has been injured twice this season but it rarely happens and thats just one game when you could have the likes of Murray evey game

Now we have a strong squad is a Reserve Keeper a waste of time now the likes of Brooker and Murray can not get on the bench would they help more than a keeper,I know Basso has been injured twice this season but it rarely happens and thats just one game when you could have the likes of Murray evey game

With Basso in goal it has happened at least three times that I can remember. So you have to leave a reserve on the bench really.

I disagree. It's not THAT uncommon as you have pointed out- twice already this season and at least once before then.

Until recently only 3 subs were allowed and teams coped fine then so 4 outfield players should be plenty.

It's a personal opinion but I think it's worth keeping a keeper on the bench to avoid dropping daft points during the season.

I agree I think it should be seven substitutes available but as it is with five I would keep a sub keeper in there. If we're playing computer games then no but this is real life and Goalkeepers get injured as you've seen earlier in the season with Basso.

And remember he was also sent off last season too!

I remember having a panic for a few seconds until I realised we actually had Weale on the bench, although we obviously had to sacrifice an outfield player for him to come on. At least it was an option.

He'd have put an outfielder in goal.

I can see some sense in this post as 9 times out of 10 the goalkeeper sub isn't used,which I think is the point of this thread,however I'm in the majority as I feel that the one time you leave a goalkeeper out of the squad is the one time that the 1st choice keeper has to come off

Nah i disagree. You never know when the goalkeeper will be injured during a game and it always helps to have the safeguard option of having a natural replacement on the bench who will have the most experience playing in that position. The possible introduction of 7 subs would solve this kind of issue. Not a waste of time.

Archived