IGNORED

Wilsons Replacement If He Goes.

budbcfc

How many of you would accept holloway back as city manager if it was suggested. I for one could not.
Why not?! :D

Yeh ive given him 'stick' but his connections with the Gas are well in the past.

I admire him as a manager, his passion and commitment.... I'm not doubting Wilson is commited to City but if i saw half the passion on the pitch that 'Olly gives, from Danny, id be happy!

A lot of the City faithful have a grudging respect for Hollowhead. He's passionate, always on the touchline speaking to his players, and doesn't beat about the bush. If his team has played badly he will admit it. As for the Gas links - they should be irrelevant.

If he was to ever become manager here, then straight away there would be a lot of supporters that would be unhappy (Ex Gas). There would then be a certain majority that will turn on him when things start going slightly wrong.

If/when we bring in a new manager though, wouldn't it be best that we go for somebody with a bit of experience in the First Division, or at least somebody that has a few promotions on their CV. Holloway has not proved himself at a higher level - wasn't he in charge when QPR were relegated to the Second Divison? I may be wrong on that point.

IF at some point in the future Holloway was to take over though, I will certainly support him, as I would with any manager coming in.

Pulis was an ex-Gashead who became manager and got stick but not because he was ex-Gas; it was because he was universally loathed for his tactics and attitude.

Ward was an ex-Gas manager who was accepted because he managed a successful city team.

Beadle was an ex-Gashead who was accepted after scoring that booming header against the Gas at the Atyeo end.

Therefore Hollowhead if he became manager would be accepted by the majority if he generated success; of course, there would always be the small tiny-brained minority who would always hate him, rather in the same vein a small tiny-brained minority hate Roberts because of his birthplace.

Surely its not what you are that counts, its what you do.

Guest BCFC_DEANO
How many of you would accept holloway back as city manager if it was suggested. I for one could not.
A lot of supporters wouldn't want him here and i doubt he would want to be here.

Guest Rikku

Personally, I'd accept and support anyone who would help the club succeed, regardless of their background. Sure, it may be a bit hard to take in certain cases (e.g. if we had signed Jamie Cureton), but I think you just have to see past any rivalry or history. So, no, I wouldn't have a problem with Holloway based on his background.

Why would we want him? What exactly has he achieved as a manager? I for one would not want him as our manager for that reason. I also think he is a bit of a **** particularly with his post match comments which although funny make him look a bit of a fool.

Also, its wrong to say DW does not have passion whilst on the touchline. I was sat in the Williams on Sat, a couple of rows back and had a good view of the City dugout.

DW was on his feet most of the time, talking to players, encouraging them, shouting at officials etc

I was certainly impressed by his attitude and it did work after all!

Yes yes, I know its a fair question, and personally I would not mind him. BUT, great win on Saturday, I'm DW logging on to see what fans think, and confonted with a heading about who will replace me if I go!??!

Give him a break. I have to believe he is staying because we are going up.

If it turns out differently, lets consider then.

Guest mesa boogie

hahaha thats the funniest thing ive ever heard! hed rather chop off both of his legs than manage you lot. you've got a better chance of getting Wenger.

holloway? nooooooooo never. we need a rival of holloway's stature

to hurle abuse at, it wouldn't be the same if he became our manager :P

he has passion and commitment only due to his love of 2 clubs

he played for and been manager to qpr & the gas his passion

is driven in trying to beat us as he has a dislike for bristol city

for him being a true gas head him coming to bristol city would

put that fire out :D

Reality check, guys - its one thing respecting Hollo as a hated rival, but he hasn't really done much in his managerial career, has he? Remember a few years ago when the Gas were in the top two for 90% of the season, then managed to blow even a playoff spot? I think Hollo is all very well with the "up and at em" rallying calls, but there are times when you need a calmer head.

And another thing - why on earth are we even discussing Danny's potential replacement after Saturday ? :D

Guest Rikku
Reality check, guys - its one thing respecting Hollo as a hated rival, but he hasn't really done much in his managerial career, has he
No, and to expand on my previous post - I wouldn't want him as city manager because of precisely that point. That's what I would base my judgement on though, not on his rovers association.

what about holloway at rovers?

Errrr, I meant a manager that can play for BCFC now and not an ex-player manager. I think Danny Wilson was player-manager at Barnsley when he got his only real success to date. Perhaps we could sign David Beckham to be a player-manager for us :cool::city::laugh:

Guest LeicesterRed
How many of you would accept holloway back as city manager if it was suggested.  I for one could not.

I don`t see the argument.

Wilson isn`t gonig anywhere but Div 1 with the City!!!!!!

I would not accept him mainly on two counts. The first being the most important:

Firstly I don't rate him as a manager. Screwed up at Rovers missing the play-offs on a terrible end of season. (Thank you Phillips for that penalty save) Also I don't think he has got the best out of QPR considering the talent and resources he has available this season.

Secondly he is gas.

I'd rather have Benny than Hollowhead :cool:

Archived