IGNORED

Vasko

mutley147

So Vasko has been confirmed on the official site to be playing against Burnley. What do you guys feel about this? I'm quite happy that he's been giving a chance. Surely he can't be that bad considering he did a pretty good job against Del Piero etc earlier in the season. Let's hope he plays well! :cool:

So Vasko has been confirmed on the official site to be playing against Burnley. What do you guys feel about this? I'm quite happy that he's been giving a chance. Surely he can't be that bad considering he did a pretty good job against Del Piero etc earlier in the season. Let's hope he plays well! :cool:

I hope he does well, he deserves a bit of luck after waiting patiently for so long. Mind you he's not entering the team at the easiest point in the season is he? I guess it will show if he's made of tough stuff or not.

Vasko's earlier problems were caused by his height!

The trouble with being 6' 5" is that people automatically assume that you're a first ball centre half and can't play as well on the floor.In fact the reverse is true with Tamas......at least, it was and by the time he played at Brentford in the cup he seemed to be getting the hang of it in the air.

Playing next to McCombe may actually suit him as he can sweep up what the big man misses and he'll be a real nuisance from set pieces because he attacks the ball well and jumps very clean.If Showunmi plays as well (another who's not great in the air for his height) City corners will look like land of the giants with two 6' 5" 'ers plus McCombe at 6' 7"!!!

I'd actually like to see him in a three because that's how they play in mainland Europe and one of the centre backs is often on the charge up field, knowing he's got cover.

I hope he has a blinder and gives GJ a real selection headache for Coventry.

Vasko's earlier problems were caused by his height!

The trouble with being 6' 5" is that people automatically assume that you're a first ball centre half and can't play as well on the floor.In fact the reverse is true with Tamas......at least, it was and by the time he played at Brentford in the cup he seemed to be getting the hang of it in the air.

Playing next to McCombe may actually suit him as he can sweep up what the big man misses and he'll be a real nuisance from set pieces because he attacks the ball well and jumps very clean.If Showunmi plays as well (another who's not great in the air for his height) City corners will look like land of the giants with two 6' 5" 'ers plus McCombe at 6' 7"!!!

I'd actually like to see him in a three because that's how they play in mainland Europe and one of the centre backs is often on the charge up field, knowing he's got cover.

I hope he has a blinder and gives GJ a real selection headache for Coventry.

Whenever someone is considerably taller than the average football player, why do people sometimes assume that they can be "hyped up" to be as tall as you want them to be?

Jamie McCombe's official height (bare foot) is 6ft 5"

Tamas Vasko's official height (bare foot) is 6ft 4" (Nice goal son!!!) Wahoo!!! :winner_third_h4h:

...and for the sake of mentioning it, Peter Crouch's official height (bare foot) is 6ft 7" (not 6ft 9", like I've heard some people say!)

Well on the OS commentary they are saying he could be man of the match, and now with his goal, he might well get the bottle of bubbly.

Well if he comes and and performs like this he's got to stay in for the sake of fairness and squad harmony. You wait patiently and work hard in training, you take your chance when it comes along and you keep the shirt, that has to be the way the team works.

Can we play 4-1-4-1 at home? Well tbh GJ can do anything he wants and I'd support it. Sounds like we created a fair more chances than usual today even the perception of the more defensive formation.

According to the radio, Gary Johnson played Elliott as a defensive midfielder in front of the back four; to me that indicates that Gary Johnson isn't completely confident in Vasko - but fair play to Tomaz he played well.

Archived