IGNORED

Trundle

redrebel

I am sure this has been said already but my internet has been down until today.I had read that Lee Trundle was really beginning to perform in the last couple of games.I went to WBA on Boxing day and have to say it didn't show.He really should be performoing by now but I thought he was poor again.How does he get in before Darren Byfield and why was Enoch pulled off instead of Trundle.It is bad enough that we have spent a million on a player who clearly is not good enough for this division but he is blockong players who are much better getting in the team.At least if Enoch is having a bad game he is still putting 100% effort in opposed to Trundle who is virtually invisible.I hope we can face the fact that Trundle is not up to it and don't just pick him because we spent a lot of money on him.

He needs a goal. He has improved of late definately. However, Enoch and Byfield are both scoring so It will be interesting to see what GJ does tomorrow.

I wasnt there on boxing day so I don't know how he played but WBA had a HUGE 72% posession. Its hard to play well as a striker when your team never has the ball (unless of course, you are the reason that your team never has the ball)!! :laugh:

As kibs has said he has been excellent lately and you cannot judge a player on one appearance where another team has had so much of the ball! I have read on a couple of other posts that Trunds and Fonts were the only 2 players who turned up at WBA. I think it all depends on your own perspective of Wednesday's game!

Trundle v Barnsley, he had a very good game, a vast improvement on say two months ago......Did you see that one?

He has taken time to adjust and works better with Enoch than he does with say Darren as he is not the big battering ram that Enoch is.

So pairings could be Enoch + Trundle, Enoch + Darren, Brooker + Trundle, Brooker + Darren, but by accepting this it does limit our opportunities.

Blimey, who knows.........As long as one of them scores!!!!

I am sure this has been said already but my internet has been down until today.I had read that Lee Trundle was really beginning to perform in the last couple of games.I went to WBA on Boxing day and have to say it didn't show.He really should be performoing by now but I thought he was poor again.How does he get in before Darren Byfield and why was Enoch pulled off instead of Trundle.It is bad enough that we have spent a million on a player who clearly is not good enough for this division but he is blockong players who are much better getting in the team.At least if Enoch is having a bad game he is still putting 100% effort in opposed to Trundle who is virtually invisible.I hope we can face the fact that Trundle is not up to it and don't just pick him because we spent a lot of money on him.

Any excuse eh :punish:

How about starting a thread about McCombe. Not good enough at this level as, once again, instead of closing a player down he allows them to run, shoot...and score

How about a McCallistair and Orr thread? both of these, again up against half decent wingers.....got rinsed time and time again

How about a Sproule thread? the bloke, with all the pace he has, cannot for the life of him impose himself on a game or channel those abilities to make himself a real threat

Or how about this........admit that we played a team, that man for man, were far superior then us....and so they should be. They are a Premiership club in the waiting, with Premiership players and premiership money to spend.

How about starting a thread about McCombe. Not good enough at this level as, once again, instead of closing a player down he allows them to run, shoot...and score

How about a McCallistair and Orr thread? both of these, again up against half decent wingers.....got rinsed time and time again

How about a Sproule thread? the bloke, with all the pace he has, cannot for the life of him impose himself on a game or channel those abilities to make himself a real threat

Or how about this........admit that we played a team, that man for man, were far superior then us....and so they should be. They are a Premiership club in the waiting, with Premiership players and premiership money to spend.

One of the best posts I've read on here in a while.

I do feel for Trunds because in all honesty he has been very unlucky, and on another day, one of his attempts would have gone in and people would be saying completely different things. And, as the previous poster comments, he did put a fantastic ball through to LJ against WBA which LJ should really have scored from.

Do people also not see that when Trunds gets the ball to his feet in the box, he more often that not, through a piece of wonderful skill, often forces a save from the keeper. Why do people keep knocking it into his chest all the time? To the feet lads! We look so so much better then and create chances.

The only thing Trunds lacks in is pace. But that is not his game. I cannot fault his effort over the last few games whatsoever. What does worry me is that City play the best when in a 4-4-1-1 formation. And unless Trunds plays in the hole, I cannot see him ever being as good as he possibly can in a traditional 4-4-2 formation.

Trundle has being playing well lately, he has improved a lot since joining. plymouth away was his best performance since the s****horpe game he was unlucky not to score a couple. i also thought that L.T was one of the only players that turnt up at WBA.

Or how about letting people express their views on the website without pathetic tripe like this being posted in reply.I desperately hope that Trundle is a success but from what I have seen he isn't at the moment.

Or how about letting people express their views on the website without pathetic tripe like this being posted in reply.I desperately hope that Trundle is a success but from what I have seen he isn't at the moment.

Ive got no problem with people expressing their views on the forum, I mean...thats what its here for. You have kind of contradicted yourself though as all I am doing is expressing mine.

When ever things turn a bit sour, its always point the fingers at the same people. Johnson, Trundle etc. The reason we got battered at WBA was because, quite simply, we were outclassed by better players. Anyone who was there could see this.

Orr, McCallistair, McCombe, Sproule and mcIndoe all had far worse games then Trundle......so why the constant Trundle bashing?

So he cost £1m!! did he put that price on his head....no

So before branding my posts "pathetic", how about taking a good long hard look at your own.

Happy New Year

Ive got no problem with people expressing their views on the forum, I mean...thats what its here for. You have kind of contradicted yourself though as all I am doing is expressing mine.

When ever things turn a bit sour, its always point the fingers at the same people. Johnson, Trundle etc. The reason we got battered at WBA was because, quite simply, we were outclassed by better players. Anyone who was there could see this.

Orr, McCallistair, McCombe, Sproule and mcIndoe all had far worse games then Trundle......so why the constant Trundle bashing?

So before branding my posts "pathetic", how about taking a good long hard look at your own.

Happy New Year

i agree with that although i personaly thought sproule was one of the few that also played well at Wba aswell as trundle

I'll tell you why Trundle receives negative posts - 'ONLY THREE GOALS !!!!'

Yes, he is a tidy player with the ball and can turn past most defenders as if they were a ghost, but he needs to score more then 3 goals to be given credit as a striker.

2 (albeit world class) league goals in 1 game against Scunny plus 1 goal against a struggling Norwich is simply not good enough for this level.

I'll tell you why Trundle receives negative posts - 'ONLY THREE GOALS !!!!'

Yes, he is a tidy player with the ball and can turn past most defenders as if they were a ghost, but he needs to score more then 3 goals to be given credit as a striker.

2 (albeit world class) league goals in 1 game against Scunny plus 1 goal against a struggling Norwich is simply not good enough for this level.

Again, agree with this....but life wont always throw up "Roy of the Rovers" style stories where a new signing cracks in 25 goals.

He is just as new to this level as anyone else, and will take time to find his feet. As stated countless times on this forum, his performances have been improving ten fold as of late. The guy is human for christ sake, he is trying to settle in the area, on the back end of a relationship break up aswell......not exactly ideal for someone trying to settle in a new job is it?

Go back to the summer postings, and I stated back then if we get 10/12 goals out of Trundle we will have got our moneys worth. I'm confident he can get that this year, no problem

Happy New Year

Well I didn't know that things had turned sour, I would say things are great at the moment.We have performed better than most of us could have expected or dreamed of.As to me being a Trundle basher, I am not sure how my first post about Trundle qualifies me for membership of that club.But I suppose your broad brush approach can sweep anyone in to the boxes that suits your views.I have seen Trundle on about 8 occasions this season, each time hoping he would show something of the form that he showed at Swansea and in my opinion is he still seems a mile away.These views have been expressed half way through the season not on a weekly basis.

They are expressed more with concern that he might not be up to it than a desire to persecute the man.

Happy New Year.

u bored mate??? I thought Trundle had been playing well last few games when he plays we look like we are going to score so he just needs a goal to get him going. there are a few other city players who could learn how to pass a football so give the guy a break. WE ARE JOINT ###### 2ND IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!

I get the feeling that because Lee cost so much more than our other strikers, some people think he should have to play so many more times better than them before he deserves a place. As far as I'm concerned we now have three dependable strikers at this level: not going to score 30 goals a season, but capable enough when called upon. How much they cost shouldn't be an issue.

I get the feeling that because Lee cost so much more than our other strikers, some people think he should have to play so many more times better than them before he deserves a place. As far as I'm concerned we now have three dependable strikers at this level: not going to score 30 goals a season, but capable enough when called upon. How much they cost shouldn't be an issue.

Great post mate, agree fully.

Think Trundle has done fine since he signed. Of course we all want him to be banging in the goals and that's what he's not done. But his all round play has impressed me. His touch is clearly superb and he can really peg a team back with his dazzling feet. On top of that his strength on the ball, ability to hold up play have really started to improve (I was concerned by this around September time).

The great thing is that although he's not scored as many goals as we would have liked- he's still an important part of this squad we have at the moment. If he could just add a few goals to his tally then he'd have impressed me more than I thought. I hope the goals do come and am sure they will. Otherwise I am quite happy for him to put in the work he has been and for the goals to come from others- be it Byfield or Vasko!

Think Trundle has done fine since he signed. Of course we all want him to be banging in the goals and that's what he's not done. But his all round play has impressed me. His touch is clearly superb and he can really peg a team back with his dazzling feet. On top of that his strength on the ball, ability to hold up play have really started to improve (I was concerned by this around September time).

The great thing is that although he's not scored as many goals as we would have liked- he's still an important part of this squad we have at the moment. If he could just add a few goals to his tally then he'd have impressed me more than I thought. I hope the goals do come and am sure they will. Otherwise I am quite happy for him to put in the work he has been and for the goals to come from others- be it Byfield or Vasko!

Didnt Trundle flick the ball on for Vasko to score yesterday oh i think he did :whistle2::whistle2: hopefully he will start on saturday

Agreed, Trundle was excellent and dragged the play 30 yards forward when he came on at Burnley. He was also excellent away at Plymouth, and home to Barnsley. I didn't see the WBA game so can't comment, other than to say it's hard to show your class when the ball is in the other box with the other team for large parts. He is a class above our other strikers, and I for one hope that he starts vs Cov.

Agreed, Trundle was excellent and dragged the play 30 yards forward when he came on at Burnley. He was also excellent away at Plymouth, and home to Barnsley. I didn't see the WBA game so can't comment, other than to say it's hard to show your class when the ball is in the other box with the other team for large parts. He is a class above our other strikers, and I for one hope that he starts vs Cov.

Well said :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Trundle works hard but is here to score goals!! He will have to work hard now with competition from Brooker as he will be hot on his heels now hes regaining fitness.

Why is everyone so bothered if he scores goals if the team are winning and he's playing well and giving everything to the cause, i really can't see the problem.

Why is everyone so bothered if he scores goals if the team are winning and he's playing well and giving everything to the cause, i really can't see the problem.

I agree with that and he has been getting closer all the time anyway. I think if he starts tomorrow the New year might bring him some luck at last and if he gets one.... watch out.

I agree with that and he has been getting closer all the time anyway. I think if he starts tomorrow the New year might bring him some luck at last and if he gets one.... watch out.

I think he just needs a bit of luck and the goals will start coming from him. I have been impressed with him and thought he showed what he was capable of at Plymouth. He will come good, I have no doubt about that, and as others have said the ball needs to be played to his feet where he can do most damage. I wasnt at the baggies game, but from what has been said on here, he isnt likley score if the other team has the ball for 75% of the game.

I would of thought we would be moaning about a lack a goals from strikers if we were at the bottom of the table, not challenging for top spot.. Goals are coming from all over the park at present and we are winning games, surely it doesnt matter who scores them as long as our terrific run continues???

I think he just needs a bit of luck and the goals will start coming from him. I have been impressed with him and thought he showed what he was capable of at Plymouth. He will come good, I have no doubt about that, and as others have said the ball needs to be played to his feet where he can do most damage. I wasnt at the baggies game, but from what has been said on here, he isnt likley score if the other team has the ball for 75% of the game.

I would of thought we would be moaning about a lack a goals from strikers if we were at the bottom of the table, not challenging for top spot.. Goals are coming from all over the park at present and we are winning games, surely it doesnt matter who scores them as long as our terrific run continues???

Agreed and to talk about Steve Brooker being hot on his heels is way off the mark and unfair in my opinion as Trunds puts in a decent shift every game and sometimes an assist is as useful as a goal, and he set up Vasko's winner on Saturday.

Agreed and to talk about Steve Brooker being hot on his heels is way off the mark and unfair in my opinion as Trunds puts in a decent shift every game and sometimes an assist is as useful as a goal, and he set up Vasko's winner on Saturday.

have to say after a slowish start trundle is getting better all the time, unfortunately though he already has some people unfairly on his back and he will still have to do alot to justify his price tag, which is slightly unfair as he never asked to be a £1m player.

Archived