IGNORED

Looking Back At Wba

Red Head

At WBA we kept true to our footballing philosophy and came unstuck, against a much better, quicker footballing team. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but it can be used to our advantage. For away games against tough opposition I would be tempted to sacrifice a striker and play with Cole Skuse in front of the back four, especially when faced with the prospect of no Louis Carey. This might have worked at WBA because Kevin Phillips kept dropping deep pulling Jamie McCombe out of his position, Skuse would have added more protection.

I would opt to see this employed against Burnley. With Vasko and McCombe at the centre, who I think will be exposed because their lack of speed, confidence and experience at this level. I would hate to see a repeat of the mauling WBA gave us.

At WBA we kept true to our footballing philosophy and came unstuck, against a much better, quicker footballing team. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but it can be used to our advantage. For away games against tough opposition I would be tempted to sacrifice a striker and play with Cole Skuse in front of the back four, especially when faced with the prospect of no Louis Carey. This might have worked at WBA because Kevin Phillips kept dropping deep pulling Jamie McCombe out of his position, Skuse would have added more protection.

I would opt to see this employed against Burnley. With Vasko and McCombe at the centre, who I think will be exposed because their lack of speed, confidence and experience at this level. I would hate to see a repeat of the mauling WBA gave us.

Keep the faith! You won't meet many sides with the same mentality as the Albion.

From what I saw at the Hawthorns, BC are good enough to attack (and beat) most CC sides.

Don't go all 'Mclaren', after one game.

Just seen the 'highlights' on World, frightening, glad it was only 4 looked like it could've been 10. Was it that bad ?

Don't think Burnley have quite as much pace though, so the defence should be OK, but they've got some quality in Blake, Adi, (Wade) Elliott & Harley.

I think GJ'll keep virtually the same team though, minus Fonts, and give them the chance to get 3rd spot back.

I think we'll nick it 2 - 1.

Looking forward to wooden seats and Lancs. cuisine.

Keep the faith! You won't meet many sides with the same mentality as the Albion.

From what I saw at the Hawthorns, BC are good enough to attack (and beat) most CC sides.

Don't go all 'Mclaren', after one game.

Yes WBA are in a different class but there are still hard away games ahead. It isn't that negative when you have Sproule and Mcindoe wide, also Elliott and Lee Johnson who both get forward a lot. I would also love to see Skusey given a chance.

Might be worth a try for tomorrow.

I would like to see one or two players rested as some look a bit tired. Mcindoe looks to have lost his edge his pace and Johnson could be rested for Noble or Wilson. Betsy or Murray could replace MCindoe until he gets rested and refreshed. Can't see as this would do the team much harm or unbalance it

Gary Johnson touched upon the point that during the second half, certain players abandoned their roles allocated to them and thus disrupted our shape.

Judging by the chances we created in the first half and coupled with the fact it was nil-nil at half time, I would suggest there isn't too much wrong apart a few players getting an earbashing for neglecting their roles.

The current formation has served us well away from home, no need to go changing things about just because on one bad result.

Gary Johnson touched upon the point that during the second half, certain players abandoned their roles allocated to them and thus disrupted our shape.

Judging by the chances we created in the first half and coupled with the fact it was nil-nil at half time, I would suggest there isn't too much wrong apart a few players getting an earbashing for neglecting their roles.

The current formation has served us well away from home, no need to go changing things about just because on one bad result.

I didn't know where Bradley was playing 2nd half, he ended up on the left wing at one point. I think its two bad results actually, Ipswich as well. WBA could have, or should have been as bad. But, point taken, we did miss some good chances.

"The current formation has served us well away from home, no need to go changing things about just because on one bad result."

But we have not been missing two of our best players for any time this season, Fonts and Louis. This is why we should change it tomorrow, but I suppose its a personal point of view.

Archived