IGNORED

Former City Manager Takes Over At Fulham

scumbag

well it was always unlikely they would have gone for our GJ,

but Fulham have instead appointed former City manager Roy Hodgson as their new manager!

Well that's two teams relegated from the Prem then! Derby pretty much already and now Fulham might as well confirm it!

Thank God they didn`t come in for him. Was worried they might.

even if they did i can't imagine him going, could you? surely managing a team with a decent chance of promotion, at a ground where he is an absolute hero is a more attractive job than going to london to manage a team that are more than likely going down, and being at a club where they've sacked their last 2 managers after slightly off-patches?

even if they did i can't imagine him going, could you? surely managing a team with a decent chance of promotion, at a ground where he is an absolute hero is a more attractive job than going to london to manage a team that are more than likely going down, and being at a club where they've sacked their last 2 managers after slightly off-patches?

Yeah got a point there. It`s just i thought the fact that them being a club in London and the fact they`d be able to offer him more money, i thought he may have been tempted.

Difficult for anyone to get on with Fayed - Managers will keep on coming and going there .

Should have kept Coleman .

:reaper::reaper::reaper::reaper:

Yeah got a point there. It`s just i thought the fact that them being a club in London and the fact they`d be able to offer him more money, i thought he may have been tempted.

the money reason briefly made me think twice too, however with what i know of johnson, he's cleverer than to go somewhere just for a larger pay packet

but Fulham have instead appointed former City manager Roy Hodgson as their new manager!

Well that's two teams relegated from the Prem then! Derby pretty much already and now Fulham might as well confirm it!

Quit the job as Finland manager then. They didn't qualify for the European Championships so it was perhaps time to move on. Was also the Switzerland manager once, not without sucess.

When we come over for QPR away we will watch Fulham v Aston Villa on the Sunday.

But isn't GJ a lifetime Fulham fan?

I'd love to know how you can make the assumption that just because Fulham have appointed Roy Hodgson, that they're bound to be relegated.

For the record, Roy Hodgson has an excellent reputation as a club coach, and at the start of his career, as Tommy Wallen (BristolCitySweden) will confirm, helped to transform Swedish domestic football along with Bob Houghton.

I've no doubt that had the club remained solvent through 1982, Roy would have steered the club to third division safety.

His CV since then has been excellent: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Hodgson and I'm not betting against him keeping the Cottagers in the Premiership.

So there. :innocent06:

I'd love to know how you can make the assumption that just because Fulham have appointed Roy Hodgson, that they're bound to be relegated.

For the record, Roy Hodgson has an excellent reputation as a club coach, and at the start of his career, as Tommy Wallen (BristolCitySweden) will confirm, helped to transform Swedish domestic football along with Bob Houghton.

I've no doubt that had the club remained solvent through 1982, Roy would have steered the club to third division safety.

His CV since then has been excellent: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Hodgson and I'm not betting against him keeping the Cottagers in the Premiership.

So there. :innocent06:

Yes, both Roy and Bob had great impact on Swedish football over a ten year period starting in the mid seventees. When Halmstad (Roy) met Malmö FF (Bob) it was almost certain to be a goalless draw. In the beginning of their careers they did not offer the most entertaining football but they achieved results. Later on he adopted a more positive style. I think he can do a good job for Fulham and help them stay up. Being an English manager with a international reputation is a good start.

Archived