IGNORED

Guy On 5 Live

Port Said Red

Burnley fan, called it "morally reprehensible" that he should throw another ball on the opitch to stop their quick free kick.

Called Johnson "an odious little man" for "goading the home supporters after the incident".

It may not be his finest hour but there must be worse things to moan about surely, stragely he didn't mention Unsworth's challenge on Sproule which my friend at the ground called "assualt".

IF Johnson did do that deliberately with that intention, then the Burnley fan has every right to be pissed off.

I was pissed off with the antics of that cheating scumbag Alan Pardew and his coach when they did the same at Ashton Gate and I wasn't alone.

But to be fair to Gary, he said after that:

"We all get in those situations sometimes and I've accidentally missed a ball that's coming straight to me when we were 1-0 up. We're all professionals and we have to do the job that's necessary."

He takes it on the chin when he's on the receiving end, so this time he gave it out a bit.

But to be fair to Gary, he said after that:

"We all get in those situations sometimes and I've accidentally missed a ball that's coming straight to me when we were 1-0 up. We're all professionals and we have to do the job that's necessary."

He takes it on the chin when he's on the receiving end, so this time he gave it out a bit.

Yep he does, but I still would rather noone did it in the first place.

IF that's what happened I'm not surprised the Burnley fan is pissed off.

Still when they hit the post 3 times they need to look elsewhere for the reason they lost.

Yep he does, but I still would rather noone did it in the first place.

IF that's what happened I'm not surprised the Burnley fan is pissed off.

Still when they hit the post 3 times they need to look elsewhere for the reason they lost.

City fan on now giving a far different view of what happened. Like he said if there was any real malice in it the referee had a chance to deal with it.

Just back from the game, I didn't think anything of the 'incident', when I saw it to be honest it was just miscomunication!

Just back as well.

The Burnley guy was talking total crap.

Wasn't a free kick, it was a throw in anyway.

Johnson returned the ball that had gone out at the same time that the Burnley player was taking a quick throw in with another ball.

IMO there was no intent or ulterior motive.

Sour grapes from the Burley fan methinks.

Just back as well.

The Burnley guy was talking total crap.

Wasn't a free kick, it was a throw in anyway.

Johnson returned the ball that had gone out at the same time that the Burnley player was taking a quick throw in with another ball.

IMO there was no intent or ulterior motive.

Sour grapes from the Burley fan methinks.

I have always believed that this multi- ball system that some refs prefer is more touble than it's worth. One ball for the entire match is how it used to be, and if the ref has to add time on for the ball being retrieved from the crowd then so be it.

I have always believed that this multi- ball system that some refs prefer is more touble than it's worth. One ball for the entire match is how it used to be, and if the ref has to add time on for the ball being retrieved from the crowd then so be it.

Totally agree.

The system is open to abuse, and I've seen it many times, where the ball boy will return a ball quickly to the home side in order to gain an advantage, but doesn't do the same for the away side.

Never seen it happen at Ashton Gate mind. :whistle2:

Its not ideal, but every team does it in one way or another. I doubt GJ did it out of malice, although I was not there. Fact remains we scored more than they did.

IF Johnson did do that deliberately with that intention, then the Burnley fan has every right to be pissed off.

I was pissed off with the antics of that cheating scumbag Alan Pardew and his coach when they did the same at Ashton Gate and I wasn't alone.

Have to be fair for Pardew here, I was sat right behind the duggout and it was his staff, not him, who let their club down that day.

the Burnley mascot was giving us wa**er gestures before the game and inviting us to kiss its ass which is far worse than what GJ has done.

Yeah the City fan who rang 606 regarding the Johnson incident said that he had reported the Mascot to the police and that Burnley would be dealing with that. What an idiot he was!! :disapointed2se:

Archived