IGNORED

...how Many Times Have We Been Saved By The Woodwork This Season?

WhistleHappy

Not knocking the team - we've been awesome to get where we are, but as with all 'winners' we've also had a few slices of 'luck' along the way.

Our woodwork was hit a couple of times again today & it seems that its happened quite a lot this year, posts & crossbars getting rattled etc ... any stats on how many times? (might be interesting)

Fortune favours the brave they say & Sgt GJ's squad have been brave beyond belief at times what a great bunch of skillful battlers we have now..& long may we prosper.

Anyway is there any truth in the rumour that GJ's got a remote-controlled goal-mouth mover & post/crossbar expander? if so wow what a fabulous little gadget! worth every penny I'd say!! :)

Come On You Reds!!!

Don't know. Don't care. How may times have WE hit the woodwork? Don't know. Don't care.

You make your own luck in any walk of life. When it goes in your favour, great. When it doesn't, just dust yourself down and soldier on till the luck changes.

Bottom line? Another 3 points. 25 games. 12 wins. Just 5 defeats. The dream just goes on! COME ON YOU REDS!!!

We have hit the woodwork 4 times.

Blackpool 18 times !

Fine line between being 3rd and 16th.

Only Plymouth have hit the woodwork less than us.

But who cares - it's goals that count.

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/ClubShooting/0,...7~20077,00.html

But surely that is good ?

That means we have scored rather than hit the woodwork.

It's all part of the luck that signifies a forthcoming successful season.

I remember last season many occasions thinking we were lucky with many things. For example, we played Doncaster and they luckily were missing a number of key players just as we played them, and we ended up nicking a winner with McCombe that day. Things just seemed to roll our way throughout the season.

Luck is part of success.

Time we had a bit of luck.

For many seasons City have been amongst the "top" woodwork hitters in the division and least penalties given.

Generally we have been one of the 'unluckiest' teams in this respect for a very long time.

Considering City usually play fast attacking football the amount of penalties we get is ludicrously small especially noticeable compared to the likes of Rovers who play atrocious football yet are handed penalties with astonishing frequency.

Speaking of luck, did anyone else think Vasko's goal was offside?

It was never even considered by anyone from our camp, but I stopped it at the frame when Trundle flicks it on and Vasko looks offside, then I noticed Kiraly bollocking the linesman about it.

Maybe that was lucky?

No chance. The guy marking McCombe plays him on.

I think luck in most case evens itself out over the course of a season. we have conceeded late goals against QPR, Burnley, and Charlton at home loseing valuable points, but on the other hand have scored late against watford and barnsley earning valuable points,

If we were just a lucky team we wouldn't have conceeded the late goals and would be several points clear of WBA!!!!!

Archived