IGNORED

Stuttering, Sputtering Watford

Redbarn

The Watford board are not going to let the current drop in form continue, Boothroyd's exit from Vicarage Road looms closer, surely?

Seeing them on "The Championship" V Q.P.R. earlier today, they looked awful, Q.P.R. did'nt look much better either TBH.

So with Watford plunging out of the promotion pack, Bristol City just need to keep their game going. Any signing completed by us during January, will indicate how seriously we are taking the possibilities of Premiership football next season.

Of course we would take promotion to the promised land, not every team that has gone up has failed, look at the teams that have consolidated themselves, Reading, Portsmouth, Wigan, Fulham?

What are we going to do to avoid promotion then, throw games away?...I don't think so. There will be other teams in the Championship who could also push, Crystal Palace, Stoke, Charlton, Wolves too could come back, but I doubt it.

So, GJ is our Moses, let's get right behind him! :winner_third_h4h:

The Watford board are not going to let the current drop in form continue, Boothroyd's exit from Vicarage Road looms closer, surely?

Seeing them on "The Championship" V Q.P.R. earlier today, they looked awful, Q.P.R. did'nt look much better either TBH.

So with Watford plunging out of the promotion pack, Bristol City just need to keep their game going. Any signing completed by us during January, will indicate how seriously we are taking the possibilities of Premiership football next season.

Of course we would take promotion to the promised land, not every team that has gone up has failed, look at the teams that have consolidated themselves, Reading, Portsmouth, Wigan, Fulham?

What are we going to do to avoid promotion then, throw games away?...I don't think so. There will be other teams in the Championship who could also push, Crystal Palace, Stoke, Charlton, Wolves too could come back, but I doubt it.

I don't think Watford will make it. Their team has some very average players in it and from what I've seen their approach is pretty unimaginative. In my opinion, Marlon King is the only player they have who really stands out. Mind you, I'd like to see us make a cheeky bid for Priskin or Ellington. GJ would get the best out of them.

I don't think Watford will make it. Their team has some very average players in it and from what I've seen their approach is pretty unimaginative. In my opinion, Marlon King is the only player they have who really stands out. Mind you, I'd like to see us make a cheeky bid for Priskin or Ellington. GJ would get the best out of them.

Priskin - NO. Ellington - YES. Getting back to the topic.. Yes they`ve had a form dip. But the board are hardly going to consider sacking a man who turned them from relegation candidates into promotion winners 2 seasons ago, and are currently sitting in 2nd place in the league.

Current league position aside, Adie Boothroyd is very popular at Watford, he isn't going anywhere.

They said that (popularity blah blah blah) when Steve Bruce was manager at Birmingham City...your only really as good as your last victory, managers tend to go sooner, rather than later, or, when the going get's tough...the tough get going, innit!

Current league position aside, Adie Boothroyd is very popular at Watford, he isn't going anywhere.

Disagree.

From what i've heard from Watford supporting mates and reading forums here and there they are sick of his repetitive hoofball tactics, that every team has now sussed.

Problem Watford have are that they can be very one dimensional .Mind you they have been for years . Of course now and again they play decent football , but teams no how they play. Where they have struggled previously has been against the passing sides , like the City . Saying that , they are being beaten by all and sundry at present . BOO HOO .

Boothroyd tactics will possibly have the fans on his back if results continue in the same vein , and then who knows . If the board believe that promotion is becoming a longer shot than at present they may well question him sooner than later . :whistle2::whistle2:

I'll have a pint of what you're drinking.

Boothroyd has got the safest job in the division having got a completely unfancied Watford side promoted without spending much thus completely transforming the club.

They could lose 15 games before the end of the season without him getting the push.

AB has two years at least of trying to get Watford up before anyone can even contemplate sacking him.

Now personally i don't rate the bloke as much as the media seems to. Playing hoofball and practically giving up on trying to survive in the Premiership really lowered my opinion of him.

Watford did not expect to go up when they did, there is no pressure at all on the guy. But then i thought the same of Billy Davies. Only if something random like Derby's takeover will Boothroyd have to deal with the threat of the sack.

Archived