IGNORED

Carey

robins72

What the ....?

Who or what is they?

Are you on an attention seeking quest today?

Oh bugger, i've just posted like you and asked loads of pointless questions....

No simple questions I don't attention seek on here and never will. Nobody is invincible at Bristol City. I'm sure if the right offer came along the club would sell Carey and he would go. Until then hes a Bristol City player. "They" was a joke with AshtonKate I'm sure she found it amusing too!! :)

My lips are sealed, but it wont be the first time that a player has so said been injured and left in a transfer window. Would he be replaceable though? Would he be missed? I remember when Louis went to Coventry and their fans stated him as useless although since his return hes been prolific at the back.How much would he be worth in the current market?

Short memory Lisa? He wasn't fantastic when he first came back and there were rumblings on here that he had come back for the easy life. I got the impression that the move had knocked his confidence quite a lot.

I think from his perspective that he has been burned once chasing the money and, if he has learned anything, he wont be burned twice.

Why would a guy, with City in his blood, leave when we are in such a great position?

I think this is a poor shout. If you are looking for players to move to make room for a possible new signing, you may want to look at the Radio Bristol commentary team yesterday..........

Short memory Lisa? He wasn't fantastic when he first came back and there were rumblings on here that he had come back for the easy life. I got the impression that the move had knocked his confidence quite a lot.

The answer is simpler than that IMO.

Carey is a centre back. He's always played exceptionally well there.

For some reason Wilson decided to play him at right back a lot.

When played at right back he's ranged from mediocre to terrible.

It's no coincidence that the best football Louis has played in his career has been next to Shaun Taylor in that position and next to McCombe and Fontaine also in that position.

My lips are sealed, but it wont be the first time that a player has so said been injured and left in a transfer window. Would he be replaceable though? Would he be missed? I remember when Louis went to Coventry and their fans stated him as useless although since his return hes been prolific at the back.How much would he be worth in the current market?

I heard a rumour that he will be playing on Tuesday at Ashton Gate but not for us! :fish:

So our player of 2007 who has been inspirational in defence this season has suddenly stopped playing for us. Is this a cover up from the club that he maybe leaving in January? Are bigger and better clubs than Bristol City eyeing up our central defender? Ok so Louis is now in his 30s but I'm sure he could do well in the premiership. So is he genuinely injured or is this a smokescreen that our Louis is leaving in the transfer window???

Put a cork in it Lisa! :drunk2:

Exactly Glos boy never say never. I remember when a certain Darren Barnard signed a new deal then buggered off to Barnsley a week later! One of our best players at the time and went for bigger bucks!

Of course you can never say never. If an offer of £3m came in tomorrow and he wanted to leave, he'd be gone. But that wasn't the question you raised.

You asked if he was actually injured or whether it was just a smokescreen to cover his pending departure.

The answer to that is - Yes, he is genuinely injured and no, it isn't a smokescreen.

Of course you can never say never. If an offer of £3m came in tomorrow and he wanted to leave, he'd be gone. But that wasn't the question you raised.

You asked if he was actually injured or whether it was just a smokescreen to cover his pending departure.

The answer to that is - Yes, he is genuinely injured and no, it isn't a smokescreen.

Fair enough on the injury but I don't think anyone will offer 3 million for Carey at his age. Although I wouldnt be suprised if there were offers for him in the transfer window.

Fair enough on the injury but I don't think anyone will offer 3 million for Carey at his age. Although I wouldnt be suprised if there were offers for him in the transfer window.

Well no... that was an extreme example to underline the point that you can never say never.

Barnard was 26 when he moved, didn't have the popularity that Carey has now, wasn't captain, wasn't bristolian, we weren't 3rd in championship at the time, also, it was generally understood at the time that Darren signed a new deal to enable us to get a decent fee.

Not by me it wasnt I can assure you, young lady. :tounge:

Barnard was 26 when he moved, didn't have the popularity that Carey has now, wasn't captain, wasn't bristolian, we weren't 3rd in championship at the time, also, it was generally understood at the time that Darren signed a new deal to enable us to get a decent fee.

... as we say in these parts (middle of Wiltshire), "that's kicking the cow between the ears Dolly, m'girl!"

Archived