IGNORED

Billy Sharp The Signing We Need

Red Robin

Rumour has it BS can leave Bramall lane,possibly for 1.5 to 2 million.

Surely the goal poacher that could nock the extra goals in for us,Wolves are rumoured to want him to partner Keough,however surely a bid for him in the window would be good business.

Lets say he cost 1.75 million and promotion was gained what a cracking bit of business.

Even if we stayed in the championship what a player to have on board for the 2008/09 season.

I'm sure our club is looking at this calibre of player,as said before the chance is there lets grab it whilst we can a couple of million could bring in a fortune long term.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha another joker ha ha ha

what a waste of time responding with that.

Always like Sharp. Very quick and certainly a type of player we havn't already got.

But does GJ want to spend that much money? seems quite a lot just for the january sales. Surely a 50% off, or buy 2 and get the cheapest free is a lot better value for money?

Remind us of his goal ratio following his step up to the championship?

I've just looked at Billy stats for this season

He's only started 6 league games this season and appeared in another 6 as a substitute. So that's zero goals all season with a ratio of.......er....0.0 goals per game! :D

Of the 6 games he started, he's been substituted 5 times.

Some might argue that after all the money spent on him, one 90 mins of football (playing with several different partnerships week to week may I add) is hardly giving the lad a chance.

It's a bit quick to say he isn't good enough at this level when he's barely been given a fair crack of the whip.

I've always rated Sharp - it was pretty clear he was the best striker in the First Division last season and the one before.

But this season, in the division above and without his former S****horpe team, he looks lost. He's not really contributed anything to Sheffield United so far, and it doesn't look as if he can fit in at this level, let alone make the step up - well, hey, we've got think in terms of progression...

He's only started 6 league games this season and appeared in another 6 as a substitute. So that's zero goals all season with a ratio of.......er....0.0 goals per game! :D

Some might argue that after all the money spent on him, one 90 mins of football (playing with several different partnerships week to week may I add) is hardly giving the lad a chance.

It's a bit quick to say he isn't good enough at this level when he's barely been given a fair crack of the whip.

Even if we think that Billy Sharp is the right signing for us (which I doubt) you must take into account how young players react to the environment they are thrown into. BS was plucked from S****horpe and put into a squad that had (and still has)a Premiership hangover, this will prove a mountain to climb for any player of that age, judging by the pressure that SU fans are putting their side under.

If he jumps ship next month he will be brought into a successful (ex League 1) atmosphere which may be beneficial to him.

Plus he's had the added problem of having a total idiot as his manager, so I'd read very little into his performances under Robson. Listened to most of the second half of their game against Palace on sat (five live xtra) and his introduction was the catalyst to their best period of play. He'll prove to be a good striker at this level once the United oard do the sensible thing and sack their manager.

Plus he's had the added problem of having a total idiot as his manager, so I'd read very little into his performances under Robson. Listened to most of the second half of their game against Palace on sat (five live xtra) and his introduction was the catalyst to their best period of play. He'll prove to be a good striker at this level once the United oard do the sensible thing and sack their manager.

Nah he was crap against Palace.

Tap in merchant who hasnt made the step up, wouldnt want him here.

Personally he dosen`t particularly do it for me at the moment. We don`t need him bearing in mind the number of strikers we have at the club.

The big difference between our current strikers and someone like BS is the guy is a goal poacher,someone who will bang the scraps in,the only player we have near that is Darren Byefield.

Think he would be a cracking signing for us,Bryan Robson could be gone shortly,which could give BS another chance at Bramall Lane,however if Robson survives then it seems BS does not fit in.

Heres hopeing BS I'm sure would be a hit down here.

Personally he dosen`t particularly do it for me at the moment. We don`t need him bearing in mind the number of strikers we have at the club.

Lets quantify the situation here......how many strikers do we have at the club?

The biggest question is how many strikers we have at the club who can cut it in the Championship?

Lets quantify the situation here......how many strikers do we have at the club?

The biggest question is how many strikers we have at the club who can cut it in the Championship?

Joint second is FANTASTIC,however none of our current strikers have really set the championship alive yet,what is concerning will they in the second half of the season that is the BIG question.

Which we desparately need.

I don't think we do.

Our strikers arent missing chances, we arent creating any.

I'd back Trundle to score 9 times out of 10, but I cant think of a single chance offered to him in the last half a dozen home games.

No crosses onto his head, no through balls, no one-twos..

Any chances he makes, he does for himself ala S****horpe game.

Won't come south.

Robson will be leaving before he does.

Won't get sold 6 months after paying £2.5m for him.

That's about that.

Any chance of getting his ex partner Keogh then? is he playing regularly at Wolves and he'd be cheaper?

Can't see Wolves or many Championship clubs wanting to sell to us now we are their rivals mind!

Any chance of getting his ex partner Keogh then? is he playing regularly at Wolves and he'd be cheaper?

Can't see Wolves or many Championship clubs wanting to sell to us now we are their rivals mind!

Most Wolves fans would rate Keogh as one of their best players, he is more a provider than a scorer. Don't think there's any chance of them letting us sign him I'm afraid.

No mate.

We need a striker to anticipate the knock downs, the rebounds etc etc.

We need a striker to get stuck in in the 6 yard box - we have loads of chances in there every game, but no one to get onto it - Byfield is the nearest we have and he's done relatively well at it but not well enough.

Someone on the same wave length,we have had many a chance where a poacher could and would have hit the net,we have not put the chance away,Someone like BS would definatly add that dimesion to the side.

Our style of football would suit his game.

Archived