IGNORED

Not A Big Worry But

Alex_BCFC

Anyone noticed that our last goal from open play was Marvin Elliott at home to Ipswich. Unless you count Plymouth's OG as one. If not then it was 8 goals and 5 games ago.

I'll look at the positive- we are brilliant at set peices. We conceed as few as I can remember and score more than ever. Under Wilson we were pretty much useless at them.

It doesn't matter how we score or win but it does seem that we are unable to break down teams via open play that much.

Anyone noticed that our last goal from open play was Marvin Elliott at home to Ipswich. Unless you count Plymouth's OG as one. If not then it was 8 games ago.

I'll look at the positive- we are brilliant at set peices. We conceed as few as I can remember and score more than ever. Under Wilson we were pretty much useless at them.

It doesn't matter how we score or win but it does seem that we are unable to break down teams via open play that much.

It is a point - our top scorer so far is Darren Byfield on seven goals, and that's three ahead of the next top scorer! Who is scoring all our goals?!?

I suppose the thing is, they're coming from all over the pitch rather than one individual. However, it is worrying when that's supposedly the case, and we're still not scoring!

We are creating enough, though. Maybe it's just a goalscorer we need to get in January, or maybe we just need to get everyone in on extra shooting practice...!

It is a point - our top scorer so far is Darren Byfield on seven goals, and that's three ahead of the next top scorer! Who is scoring all our goals?!?

I suppose the thing is, they're coming from all over the pitch rather than one individual. However, it is worrying when that's supposedly the case, and we're still not scoring!

We are creating enough, though. Maybe it's just a goalscorer we need to get in January, or maybe we just need to get everyone in on extra shooting practice...!

Byfield eh, suppose he will be of to Huddersfield soon then; as last seasons top scorer has; Now why is Jevons not getting a chance this season again?????

I'm still sure that Trunds will score 10+ goals this season. I think he has two already so I see no reason why he carnt get anouther 8 between now and the end of the season. Byfield hassnt done anything wrong either and I think he deserves to start vs Coventry. To be fair he is scoring the goals. I think Sproule and McCindoe could be scoring on a more regular occasion as well but nothing to worry about really, just a few minor things that could make us even better.

It's no coincidence that GJ came out and said he was trying to make City more formidable at attacking set pieces a month or so back and that's exactly what's happened. As we aren't scoring freely from open play, it's vital that we had these in our locker otherwise I don't want to think where we'd be without them.

If we can add a little bit of quality and guile to the squad next month then I reckon we really could get that second spot.

Because he is too lightweight for this division..........we cannot have two Trundles in the squad !!!

He may well be, but has he even had a chance :disapointed2se: last seasons top scorer,this seasons outcast.

He may well be, but has he even had a chance :disapointed2se: last seasons top scorer,this seasons outcast.

As hard as it may seem some players reach a certain level and can push no further.

I see your point, he has not really seen any Championship football, but GJ must have realised his short comings last summer. It is no coincidence that PJ has dropped into a League 1 side and done fairly well back at that level, I would suggest that a handful of games (and goals) with Huddersfield does not quantify a starting place with our successful first team squad.

I am not alone with the opinion that PJ has had his loan extended into January so that the clubs can sort out transfer details.

I wish PJ all the best for the future and thank him for his efforts.

We need to stick with a frontline and stop changing it every 2 games give them time to gel look at WBA they have the same side week in week out and are banging the goals in!!!

We are joint 2nd on goal difference. It can't be that bad can it? Do you think we would be above WBA if we kept the same two strikers week in/out?

Look at WBA's subs, Ishmael Miller and Craig Beattie, perhaps they might want to come to Bristol if they cant get a game up there!

Now why is Jevons not getting a chance this season again?????

Let's be honest- how often does Johnson get it wrong? Very rarely, and I agree with his move to let Jevons go. He was poor last season despite being top scorer due to him being good at penalties and in the FA Cup. What we need is a good pacy striker along with a fit Brooker in January. Then we will never speak of this Jevons again.

We are joint 2nd on goal difference. It can't be that bad can it? Do you think we would be above WBA if we kept the same two strikers week in/out?

Look at WBA's subs, Ishmael Miller and Craig Beattie, perhaps they might want to come to Bristol if they cant get a game up there!

Thing is mate 2nd is great and WBA are a class above us but for two forwards to gel they need to play together and gel

Let's be honest- how often does Johnson get it wrong? Very rarely, and I agree with his move to let Jevons go. He was poor last season despite being top scorer due to him being good at penalties and in the FA Cup. What we need is a good pacy striker along with a fit Brooker in January. Then we will never speak of this Jevons again.

WHO???? :dunno:

Tough call as who would of thought we would be sitting joint 2nd at Xmas!!! Can't fault the gaffer as he has worked miracles since taking over but a decent striker could really make the difference.

Trundle will be lucky to get anywhere near 10 goals this season, will be interesting to see how Brooker gets on when he get a chance.

Thing is mate 2nd is great and WBA are a class above us but for two forwards to gel they need to play together and gel

What two strikers - and that would mean playing 4-4-2, our best performances have come from 4-4-1-1 with Noble playing behind somebody. Horses for courses has worked well this year.

What two strikers - and that would mean playing 4-4-2, our best performances have come from 4-4-1-1 with Noble playing behind somebody. Horses for courses has worked well this year.

with the 4-4-1-1 we don't look like scoring v watford we didnt kick into gear till we played 2 up front

Anyone noticed that our last goal from open play was Marvin Elliott at home to Ipswich. Unless you count Plymouth's OG as one. If not then it was 8 goals and 5 games ago.

An interesting observation.

It seems to go hand in hand with the idea that we're lacking that goalscoring forward. Myself I think we create a fair amount of chances in open play but all too often the people who should be on the end of them have had to have a hand out wide in creating them and just aren't there.

I'd echo that it's a great positive to have to be effective at set pieces at both ends, and if we added more goals from open play we'd be fairly frightening.

with the 4-4-1-1 we don't look like scoring v watford we didnt kick into gear till we played 2 up front

I don't agree with that one at all. Our football in the first half was fantastic, Ivan Sproule missed two great chances. When GJ brought Trundle on Trundle took over in the hole that Noble vacated and provided the cross. That was not 4-4-2

It seems to go hand in hand with the idea that we're lacking that goalscoring forward. Myself I think we create a fair amount of chances in open play but all too often the people who should be on the end of them have had to have a hand out wide in creating them and just aren't there.

In the last two games Byfield has missed two balls that have been crossed in which were just asking to be put away so we are creating some chances I agree. But not enough possibly.

I've also noticed that McIndoe seems to have enetered a drop in form. His work rate is there but the form he had in the last two months has gone in the last few games. Still our best (and only) left winger and he will find his form again quickly I reckon!

In the last two games Byfield has missed two balls that have been crossed in which were just asking to be put away so we are creating some chances I agree. But not enough possibly.

I've also noticed that McIndoe seems to have enetered a drop in form. His work rate is there but the form he had in the last two months has gone in the last few games. Still our best (and only) left winger and he will find his form again quickly I reckon!

The big concern with Mcindoe is he does not go past a player like Sproule,he prefers to go sideways on most occassions,would love to see him going past players more,he certainly got the pace to do it.

If he could do this he would be a lot more dangerous for us and give us more penatration down the wing.

The big concern with Mcindoe is he does not go past a player like Sproule,he prefers to go sideways on most occassions,would love to see him going past players more,he certainly got the pace to do it.

If he could do this he would be a lot more dangerous for us and give us more penatration down the wing.

That isn't a big concern for me because he can cross the ball past them. He rarely beats the man but has other tricks. In fact when he does try and beat the man he usually loses it so I wouldn't encourage that at all.

I don't agree with that one at all. Our football in the first half was fantastic, Ivan Sproule missed two great chances. When GJ brought Trundle on Trundle took over in the hole that Noble vacated and provided the cross. That was not 4-4-2

we look stronger with 2 front men!!

Archived