IGNORED

What Would You Do ?

kiwicolin

we are now in a very good place in the table. 3rd.

jan. window is now here.

if you were the directors and the manager what would you do next?

spend a couple of million on new players with the premier league in mind and go for it

or would you spend a little and see where it gets us.

do we buy young players that would be good enough for the premier league or

some older heads and stay in this division.

either way the players would have to be good enough in both leagues.

i would go for it as we might not get a chance next season.get in the play offs

and see where it gets us.

remember we don't want the club in debt and what we spend now comes back to haunt us.we have

to make sure we could afford it.

also remember if we stay in the championship , it will be a lot harder to stay in it.

look at colchester. great start the first season but they are struggling now.

Key priority is to keep those that have been doing the business so far - so no selling from the match day squad. Those on the periphery may leave like Keogh and Jevons but I hope Russell and Murray both stay.

A tough tackling midfield cover for Elliott would be handy (noticed comment on tv last night that robbie savage did not make the Blackburn squad)

If that was all we got I'd be happy - with Brooker on the come back trail I think we have enough up front.

Can't see SL opening the chequebook too wide, he would argue that he doesn't need to.

Just reading on the BBC website that Lita is linked with Pompey, if he goes and we get a good sum from the clause then it's a bonus and I'd like to think that GJ will be given that to strengthen.

Still 1 or 2 players short for my liking, we've been quite lucky with injuries so far, if they start kicking in then we could be a little threadbare in certain areas.

What a year to be a Red though, lets hope 08 is the same!

Buying big in January will only get rejects and trouble makers, we need quality additions. Number one priority is keeping Carey Elliot Basso etc etc then perhaps one more player to help with the final push for the top, most prob by keeping players fit and developing them into stars of the future, perhaps blooding some of the youngsters.

Silky prem stars with their entourage and over blown opinions of themselves are NOT what we need right now. Each and every game after Christmas is treated like a cup final for all involved and we need grafters right to the end. I am sure SL isn't prepared to gamble with ££ like he did in the wilson era, look what happened then. once we are promoted, then i am sure the right people will be running around like crazy doing the deals to bring the right people in over the summer, with time to settle squad agree roles, get them all fully fit etc.

But what do I know?!

Archived