IGNORED

John Salako On Sky Sports

Old Dazzler

Salako picked GJ as his manager, and had Bradley Orr, Louis Carey and Marvin Elliot in his Championship team so far :innocent06: (he also mentioned Basso as his 2nd keeper behind Henderson)

He has since gone on to sing the praises of GJ and the team (on Big League weekend). Interestingly Chris Kamara and Steve Cotteril didn't pick any of our players, preferring to pack their teams out with West Brom, Wolves and Watford players. :disapointed2se:

Salako picked GJ as his manager, and had Bradley Orr, Louis Carey and Marvin Elliot in his Championship team so far :innocent06: (he also mentioned Basso as his 2nd keeper behind Henderson)

He has since gone on to sing the praises of GJ and the team (on Big League weekend). Interestingly Chris Kamara and Steve Cotteril didn't pick any of our players, preferring to pack their teams out with West Brom, Wolves and Watford players. :disapointed2se:

i think Kamara had Brad in his 11

:englandsmile4wf:

Just watching Sky Sports One Championship chat, John Salako just gave a good report on our result at Burnley. Said "what a team spirit and belief that they have" and what a good manager Gary Johnson is and how he has done well at the club since joining.

SEE WE DO GET NOTICE ! !

COME ON U REDS.... :englandsmile4wf:

Chris Kamara and Steve Cotteril didn't pick any of our players, preferring to pack their teams out with West Brom, Wolves and Watford players. :disapointed2se:

It's only because they are more 'well known' teams in that they are yo-yo teams - my guess is Kamara and Cotterill don't bother watching many City games and so don't know our players so well.

Must have surely meant Hennesey at Wolves (who is a fantastic keeper)... how could he have meant Henderson when we've barely seen him play!
Didn't we have him on loan at one point?

Must have surely meant Hennesey at Wolves (who is a fantastic keeper)... how could he have meant Henderson when we've barely seen him play!

There is another goal keeping Henderson in this league. Wayne Henderson who plays for Preston they signed him in the summer from Brighton. We had him on loan a few seasons ago from Villa to be a bench warmer, never played a game for us.

There is another goal keeping Henderson in this league. Wayne Henderson who plays for Preston they signed him in the summer from Brighton. We had him on loan a few seasons ago from Villa to be a bench warmer, never played a game for us.

Maybe I am wrong but you're not thinking of the Henderson we have at the moment who we signed from Villa on a free??

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/...7~40002,00.html

Maybe I am wrong but you're not thinking of the Henderson we have at the moment who we signed from Villa on a free??

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/...7~40002,00.html

No I'm not, they were both at villa, Wayne is 5 years older than Stephen. Wayne was here for a month under Tinnion as cover for Phillips i think it was, it definatly werent Stephen as he'd of been about 15/16 at the time. Wayne then went on to Brighton on loan then bought him from Villa and then moved to preston in the summer for 200k.

No I'm not, they were both at villa, Wayne is 5 years older than Stephen. Wayne was here for a month under Tinnion as cover for Phillips i think it was, it definatly werent Stephen as he'd of been about 15/16 at the time. Wayne then went on to Brighton on loan then bought him from Villa and then moved to preston in the summer for 200k.

My bad. Perhaps Salako meant Henderson not Hennesey after all!! Looking at the table Preston have conceded less goals than Watford and only 3 more than us - so the keeper must be alright despite there league position!

My bad. Perhaps Salako meant Henderson not Hennesey after all!! Looking at the table Preston have conceded less goals than Watford and only 3 more than us - so the keeper must be alright despite there league position!

Sorry, on the first post of the thread I meant to say, that all 3 (Kamara, Cotts and Salako) had put Wolves' Hennessy as there keeper in each of their CCC teams. When discussing this, John Salako, who seems to be a City fan, said that he would have Basso as his 2nd choice keeper behind Hennessy.

It was either my addled brain and/or twisted typing fingers that made Henderson's name appear, when I in fact meant Hennessy :surrender:

Hope that clears that one up!! :noexpression:

Sorry, on the first post of the thread I meant to say, that all 3 (Kamara, Cotts and Salako) had put Wolves' Hennessy as there keeper in each of their CCC teams. When discussing this, John Salako, who seems to be a City fan, said that he would have Basso as his 2nd choice keeper behind Hennessy.

It was either my addled brain and/or twisted typing fingers that made Henderson's name appear, when I in fact meant Hennessy :surrender:

Hope that clears that one up!! :noexpression:

Haha!! Old Dazzler the trouble you caused!! :10_1_108:

JOHN SALAKO ONE OF THE SKY PRESENTERS I HAVE GOT TIME FOR . NOT FOR HIS COMMENTS TONIGHT ( ALTHOUGH VERY WELCOME ) BUT HAS AN IN- DEPTH KNOWLEDGE OF THE PREM , CHAMPS AND FIRST DIVISIONS . NOT OVER OPINIONATED , CAMERA FRIENDLY AND RESPECTED BY ALL THAT I DISCUSS FOOTBALL WITH . :innocent06:

Kamara Picked out Bradley Orr at Right Back Actually

John Salako, who seems to be a City fan,

John Salako does indeed seem to be a converted City fan.

Never fails to mention the quality of City's football when other commentators are concentrating on saying how disappointing/unlucky our opposition are.

I think he really does have a soft spot for City brought on purely from watching us this season and being consistently impressed by the style of our football, team spirit, and never say die attitude.

I'm a bit of a converted Salako fan too, an all too rare friend for City in the national media and a TRULY GREAT MAN :city:;)

Archived