IGNORED

Leroy Lita To Pompey?

There seems to be a lot of talk about a swap deal between Reading & Portsmouth involving David Nugent & Leroy Lita. If this goes ahead, we would miss out on any cut as a result of our sell-on clause. I have heard about this clause several times since we sold him, but I've never heard exactly how much of a percentage we might get, anyone know for sure? I see elsewhere it's being quoted as much as 50%. If this swap goes ahead we could lose £3m!

There seems to be a lot of talk about a swap deal between Reading & Portsmouth involving David Nugent & Leroy Lita. If this goes ahead, we would miss out on any cut as a result of our sell-on clause. I have heard about this clause several times since we sold him, but I've never heard exactly how much of a percentage we might get, anyone know for sure? I see elsewhere it's being quoted as much as 50%. If this swap goes ahead we could lose £3m!

Usually when players are swapped they do have a value given to them there not just valued at £0. It is usually less though than what there actual fee would be if they were bought by a club in a non swap deal.

Peterborough had to go to the FA a few years ago to see how much of the transfer of Matthew Etherington from Spurs to West Ham was as was a part exchange deal. He was given to West Ham plus money for a player from West Ham. His value in that was then far less than what he was actually valued, so Peterborough got a smaller amount than what they would have got in a normal transfer for him. I would imagine that this would be similar to the Rosenior deal in the summer and what the Lita and Nugent deal would come to if it happens.

Usually when players are swapped they do have a value given to them there not just valued at £0. It is usually less though than what there actual fee would be if they were bought by a club in a non swap deal.

Peterborough had to go to the FA a few years ago to see how much of the transfer of Matthew Etherington from Spurs to West Ham was as was a part exchange deal. He was given to West Ham plus money for a player from West Ham. His value in that was then far less than what he was actually valued, so Peterborough got a smaller amount than what they would have got in a normal transfer for him. I would imagine that this would be similar to the Rosenior deal in the summer and what the Lita and Nugent deal would come to if it happens.

But Nugent (and therefore Lita) would be easier to value as he was only transferred back in the Summer. They would be cheating g*ts if they were to claim for example, that the deal was worth £1.5m.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but i have read that Lita could be going to Portsmouth with Nugent going to Reading in a straight swap. That would mean no money for us !!

I know he wouldnt come or that he probably wouldnt fit in but if we paid 3 Million for him would we get 20% back as part of the sell- on clause :noexpression:

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but i have read that Lita could be going to Portsmouth with Nugent going to Reading in a straight swap. That would mean no money for us !!

I know he wouldnt come or that he probably wouldnt fit in but if we paid 3 Million for him would we get 20% back as part of the sell- on clause :noexpression:

See here:

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=91249

Guest Garfunkle
We will get money for him. A value will be placed on the move and we will get our percentage from that.

and if they go for a straight swap surely it will be valued close to the £7m that pompey paid for nugent 6 months ago??

Ok, so far today Ive heard from 3 different people 3 different things regarding Leroy Lita.

1) He is going to Portsmouth in a straight swap with Nugent.

2) He is going to Sunderland for 5 million

3) He is coming back to City on a half season loan with vairous deals available should we go up

All 3 of these have been pretty strong rumors, with the one about him coming back to us coming from the BBC!

I just don't know which one is most likely to happen????

Does anyone have any ideas on which one carries the most strength? Cos I would love to see him back at the Gate, he is exactly the sort of striker we are in need of at the moment - but I find it a hard one to believe that he would drop a league now that he has proved himself a bit in the premiership.

Where is the rumour from the BBC?

It wasnt a rumor on any websites, it came from someone I know that works at the BBC who mentioned that they had heard about it. There is also something on the 606 forum I think although its nothing to do with the same person.

Its not one of these "sources" who knows all - it was merely a transfer rumor conversation I had with this person, so don't start thinking I'm claiming to know something that isnt true! I know what people are like in this forum! If you don't name your sources, how they know, their life stories etc then you get shot down!!!!! Bloody forum!

On radio Bristol yesterday Lansdown stated that if Leroy does do a swap for Nugent then it will be based along the lines of what Nugent wsa worth when he was signed by pompey. Pompey signed him for somewhere in the region of £6 million? so we will get the percentage of that figure.

If the percentage is 30% as quoted above then thats 1.5 - 1.8 million for us.

Archived