IGNORED

If It's Done The Gj Way

Pete1975Legend

May well find it difficult to get back into the team. I thought Vasko played superbly well today and a 100 times better than the player we saw against QPR and as people have said his distribution was really good too. Is this another one of those GJ signings he has unearthed with the potential to succeed at Bristol City.

Thoughts?

The goal at Burnley seems to have done wonders for him. He started that game looking very nervous and unsure of himself but by the end was playing very confidently. His distribution is certainly better than McCombe's and it might be McCombe who he is fighting for a place in the first team with in the long term.

Apart from the first 10-15 minutes of the Burnley game, I thought he has looked very solid. After seeing him in the first half of the QPR game i was wondering why GJ had signed him but now he is proving why. Vasko and Carey would be great at centre backs, although I don't think McCombe has done much wrong lately.

Sure now, ???, Carey, Vasko, Fontaine.

As for ???, take your pick. Ribiero, Orr, Wilson B, Wilson J.

Vasko ? Better than McCombe any day of the week ! Can you imagine McCombe playing well against Italy?

Bradley Orr every day of the week over those 3. Possibly with Ribiero as back up. After Brian Wilson's performance, or lack of, yesterday, i wouldnt be too disappointed if he were to be shipped out on a long term loan or sold.

Gary must take great credit for Vasko's development,by playing him in the reserves for 3 months it's allowed Vasko to get used to English football without the pressures of first team action.

Tamas less we forget is an international footballer meaning that he is one of the best centre halves in his country,Gary has been very shrewd with him and if Vasko isn't signed permanantly he will leave Ashton Gate a far better player than if he'd become impatient and terminated his loan early,a true example of professionalism and a testament to GJ's ability to find good talent and good human beings

May well find it difficult to get back into the team. I thought Vasko played superbly well today and a 100 times better than the player we saw against QPR and as people have said his distribution was really good too. Is this another one of those GJ signings he has unearthed with the potential to succeed at Bristol City.

Thoughts?

Totally agree, looks very accomplished. Did'nt realise he was so tall, towered over Adebola.

After the QPR game could not see how he was captain for Hungary :noexpression: Yesterday :superman:

Could we see a bit of a change in formation to accommodate all three?

Basso

Carey Vasko Fontaine

Sproule Elliott Johnson McIndoe

Noble

Trundle Byfield

Sproule has provided good defensive cover for Bradley so the right side doesn't appear to be a problem. Carey and Fonts are both pretty mobile and good on the ball too. Not sure about McIndoe being able to help out as much. This way we can get two strikers on the pitch too, which will surely give us a better chance of scoring than a lone striker.

Ideas?

MR

Bradley Orr every day of the week over those 3. Possibly with Ribiero as back up. After Brian Wilson's performance, or lack of, yesterday, i wouldnt be too disappointed if he were to be shipped out on a long term loan or sold.

Wilson played very well in the 1st half, especially as he was playing left wing- a position which isn't really his. He is adequate cover for the wings for now and to loan him out would be stupid.

Wilson played very well in the 1st half, especially as he was playing left wing- a position which isn't really his. He is adequate cover for the wings for now and to loan him out would be stupid.

It must just be me who thought that he may aswell have not been playing then as it seemed like we never even had a left winger. He was always either in the middle of midfield or trying to be a striker. Then leaving us unbalanced on the left.

well GJ's got more juggling to do soon ..

by mid Jan we could have both Brooker and Carle looking to be playing, plus he promised Plummer a start before he was 18 which is this year,

Thats not counting Scotty, Skuse, Ribiero and Arter, oops and McAlaister

listing these out, we've got more depth to the squad, than i thought.

so i guess GJ, will be looking to offload three or four during January.

:englandsmile4wf:

It must just be me who thought that he may aswell have not been playing then as it seemed like we never even had a left winger. He was always either in the middle of midfield or trying to be a striker. Then leaving us unbalanced on the left.

Wilson worked really hard and yes he was coming into the middle a lot but this gave Johnson more time on the ball. That is the first game where we have not looked over run in midfield and a lot of that was down to Wilsons hard work.

I admit he faded a bit in the second half but that was his first start for quite a while . For me i think Wilson works harder than any City Player aprt from Elliot.

Giles, I respect your opinion, but not about Wilson's performance yesterday.

Wilson played remarkably well, especially in the first half, and confirmed to me what a good squad City have.

Wilson is not an out and out winger, but he is a good footballer who can play wide on the right or left. He can also come in from the wings and support the attackers well and is not scared to come and support the other winger at times.

Wilson worked really hard and yes he was coming into the middle a lot but this gave Johnson more time on the ball. That is the first game where we have not looked over run in midfield and a lot of that was down to Wilsons hard work.

I admit he faded a bit in the second half but that was his first start for quite a while . For me i think Wilson works harder than any City Player aprt from Elliot.

Totally agree.

He came into the middle a lot in the second half, particularly when the ball was out on the right wing. IMO that was to back up Byfield who was very often the only man in the box.

Could we see a bit of a change in formation to accommodate all three?

Basso

Carey Vasko Fontaine

Sproule Elliott Johnson McIndoe

Noble

Trundle Byfield

Sproule has provided good defensive cover for Bradley so the right side doesn't appear to be a problem. Carey and Fonts are both pretty mobile and good on the ball too. Not sure about McIndoe being able to help out as much. This way we can get two strikers on the pitch too, which will surely give us a better chance of scoring than a lone striker.

Ideas?

MR

I like the formation as it does accomadate all three defenders but there will be defensive frailties on the left and right hand side of midfield, but would like to see showumni for strength and presense upfront also here is the big issue....

WHY FIX SOMETHING THAT AINT BROKE! we are joint top of the league! the formation we play with at the moment must be doing something right!

I agree that you shouldnt fix what isnt broken but..... if you wanted to accomadate all of out center backs then you could go....

..........Basso.......

Carey..Mccombe..Vasko..........Fontaine

Sproule............Elliot...........Johnson.......Mcindoe

...........Carle or trundle.............

...........Byfield................

How many attacks did they have down the left in the first half when Wilson played well. I think it was about zero...We weren't unbalanced at all for 70 minutes.

How many attacks did they have down the left in the first half when Wilson played well. I think it was about zero...We weren't unbalanced at all for 70 minutes.

Completely Agree thought Wilson played very well and in fact offered better protection to McCallister in defence than McIndoe normally does.

Surely it depends on who we're playing; if we're playing Arsenal McCombe would be made to look a mug because he hasn't got the same awareness or tact that Carey and Fontain have (as was prooved at West Brom). But then again if we're playing a long ball style team like Burnley or Rovers McCombe is the perfect player. Personally, I feel uncomfortable with the two giants in the defence because we always look vunerable when they run at us with the ball at their feet.

Thats why I think we should play with 1 of either McCombe or Vasko with Fontain in central defence with Carey on the right.

Or you could Fontain on the left with Carey in the middle and Orr right, so i was wondering which people would prefer: to play with Maccalister or Bradley Orr?

Carey won't struggle to get back in once he's fit, he's hugely important to the team. More than just his ability, it's also the influence he has on other players - his leadership. I'd suggest if he's fit Saturday he'll be paired with Vasko given recent performances. GJ won't be playing him at right back thank christ.

Guest MaloneFM

He has had two decent performances. But so did Jennison Myrie Williams. Remember him?

Carey is straight back in with Boom Boom and Fontaine.

Bradley likes to get sworn at in words he can u-n-d-e-r-s-t-a-n-d

Archived