IGNORED

Pete Johnson

Red Ass

I was just thinking about the recent signing the club have made, Elliot and Sproul etc.

And this new guy Nicky Carle, and reckon we cannot underestimate the importance of Pete.

He seems to be traveling the world looking for talent and thus far has a very good eye.........

Keep up the excellent work Pete :clap:

I was reading an article on him a few months back. I think it might have been in a programme?

Some things I remember from it:

He watches over 200 games a year looking at possibilities for us, lots of travel away from home to do that.

He said they had three different lists of players, one for the Championship, one for the Prem and another he'd really rather not think about... He was banging on about Elliott for about a year before we signed him.

If you look at the players we've brought in permanently since GJ and Pete Johnson have been involved, there hasn't really been a dud. They've got a fantastic hit rate. Fair enough, a couple of signings perhaps were made more to ensure we get out of league one and haven't quite stepped up, but we've not had a single Tony Dinning and we've brought in a few real talents.

I'm delighted to see our scouting finally being useful and Pete Johnson and GJ must take much of the credit, the only slightly concerning thing is that if GJ leaves at some point (hopefully years from now) will it wipe out our scouting as well?

Reckon it must help loads that hes GJ's bro, he will know better than anyone what type of players GJ prefers to work with and most likely get the best from.

Elliot, Sproule, McIndoe, Trundle, Byfield to name a few, all have been wonderful players so far, no Dinnings to speak of.

We should send him to Brazil next, see if he cant find the next Kaka or Robinho.

For the record: I also back Gary's judgement on Lee, who had a cracking game against Coventry!

He did but perhaps his flaw is that he gives the ball away in glaringly dangerous positions sometimes. I am sure GJ has been trying to drum into him to improve this area of his game. Orr is another one who has done that a few times this season but these are minor negatives compared to their attributes so far.

He did but perhaps his flaw is that he gives the ball away in glaringly dangerous positions sometimes. I am sure GJ has been trying to drum into him to improve this area of his game. Orr is another one who has done that a few times this season but these are minor negatives compared to their attributes so far.

Because he plays in a dangerous position, just in front of the back four, any mistakes are bound to be magnified. If say Noble gives the ball away it's likely to be 70 yards from our goal so doesn't provoke the same reaction from the crowd.

Archived