IGNORED

Belgium U21 Striker To Join?

LocoPal

This popped up on a Rumours site - make of it what you will !

'Cercle Brugge attacker Stijn De Smet will join Championship side Bristol City for a fee of £175,000 before the transfer window closes.

The forward, who recently had a trial with Blackburn, will look to add another dimension to Bristol's attack with pacy quick feet.'

More info here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stijn_De_Smet

sadly that site has less credibility than Red Robin.

But it's an interesting name to look into. I'd imagine and hope we're aware of every top young prospect that has achieved the amount of media coverage this guy has.

Cercle Brugge are a feeder club to Blackburn Rovers they would get first refusal on any of there players, a Blackburn scout was at the coventry game possibly looking at one of our players could there be more to this or is just me getting a bit paranoid.

I tried to pronounce "Stijn" and it came out as "chicken".

Could be a good investment.

Here's an interview with young 'Stan' from a lauded file sharing site, whose name starts with the penultimate letter of the alphabet:

By the way, could someone please translate?

• SC&T Board Members
Have you ever seen post their source?

Hengrover66 got the Nick Carle signing right before anyone else.

I'd be delighted with Garner.

Ditto, 12 goals from 20 league starts this season. 19 yr old striker - cost Carlisle £140k from Blackburn in the summer ... would be good back-up now and an exciting prospect for the future.

Ditto, 12 goals from 20 league starts this season. 19 yr old striker - cost Carlisle £140k from Blackburn in the summer ... would be good back-up now and an exciting prospect for the future.

Described as very quick and strong, likes to put himself about. Fits Johnson's hard working mould of player too.

Reading's promotion side that pissed this division was built on similar sorts of signings.

Seems odd that if it's true and Gary rates him we didn't sign him in the summer, given the fairly small fee. :huh:

Seems odd that if it's true and Gary rates him we didn't sign him in the summer, given the fairly small fee. :huh:

Carlisle were first option since he had a successful loan to them. Under contract until 2010.

I'd be worried about his integrity if he jumped ship with the position Carlisle are in considering the faith they showed in him. If one of our players did the same i'd be gutted. We'd have to overpay to get him too unless he got one of those wonderful minimum release fees. Although if we paid up to £750k would that be overpaying?

I like what i've seen off him as a player (all the highlights because i've been following both Carlisle's strikers out of interest) but the other things don't sit comfortably with me.

We did not sign him in the summer perhaps because we thought those we did bring in would do the business. The fact we are joint top suggests we have but clearly we need another goal scorer.

Whether a 19 yr old is the answer remains to be seen but when has a transfer not yet worked out under GJ? On paper Fleetwood looks more the exciting prospect but being 3 divisions below us is probably an even bigger gamble.

We did not sign him in the summer perhaps because we thought those we did bring in would do the business. The fact we are joint top suggests we have but clearly we need another goal scorer.

Whether a 19 yr old is the answer remains to be seen but when has a transfer not yet worked out under GJ? On paper Fleetwood looks more the exciting prospect but being 3 divisions below us is probably an even bigger gamble.

Fair point and we know Gary is looking to the future as well.

Archived