IGNORED

St Holders

rockin-robin

Can someone please explain to me why a ST holder for over 15 years cant sit in the East End for Middlesbrough?

Didn't buy my usual ticket in Dolman for Middlesbrough because I wanted to sit/stand in the East End in order to gain a different perspective on the game and to soak up some of the atmosphere in there. So, didnt buy early. For some reason, I thought that this would be no problem. How wrong I was.

When I rang up today (on my birthday of all days) after sitting in a que for 30minutes, I was told to get lost and that I will never get the chance to sit in there this season. WHY?

How can the club, so say, afford to throw money away and to p*ss of ST holders because of their pig ignorance to not allow people into that stand.

I will now not be going to the game, but will be back for the real game against Colchester with the other 12,999 (if we are lucky) of us.

Can someone please explain to me why a ST holder for over 15 years cant sit in the East End for Middlesbrough?

Didn't buy my usual ticket in Dolman for Middlesbrough because I wanted to sit/stand in the East End in order to gain a different perspective on the game and to soak up some of the atmosphere in there. So, didnt buy early. For some reason, I thought that this would be no problem. How wrong I was.

When I rang up today (on my birthday of all days) after sitting in a que for 30minutes, I was told to get lost and that I will never get the chance to sit in there this season. WHY?

How can the club, so say, afford to throw money away and to p*ss of ST holders because of their pig ignorance to not allow people into that stand.

I will now not be going to the game, but will be back for the real game against Colchester with the other 12,999 (if we are lucky) of us.

If you know someone who already sits in the East End, ask them to guest you in there, if you don't i'm sure some nice person on here might PM you an offer!!

Agreed it is poor service, but it might be because you have a season ticket in the dolman not the East End? Just a thought. Although i don't know if East End season ticket holders are allowed in there or not.

I've got a gripe with a ticketing system at the moment, and that's the fact that there was no advance sales for season ticket holders for the Palace game. I'm going to have to chance being lucky and getting a ticket on saturday now.

If you know someone who already sits in the East End, ask them to guest you in there, if you don't i'm sure some nice person on here might PM you an offer!!

Thanks for your comments beau45. It cheered me up. However, don't know anyone who sits in the EE and I need 2 tickets ideally.

Funny how I could sit in the East End when we have played Cardiff and the Gas in the past, but not for this game. Anyway...

Nevermind, thats at least £60 I've saved by not going.

Thanks for your comments beau45. It cheered me up. However, don't know anyone who sits in the EE and I need 2 tickets ideally.

Funny how I could sit in the East End when we have played Cardiff and the Gas in the past, but not for this game. Anyway...

I'm sure some kind people on here who goes in there might be able to get you both in there?

Did you sit in the East Eend against Cardiff this season? If so, how did you get in?

Agreed it is poor service, but it might be because you have a season ticket in the dolman not the East End? Just a thought. Although i don't know if East End season ticket holders are allowed in there or not.

I've got a gripe with a ticketing system at the moment, and that's the fact that there was no advance sales for season ticket holders for the Palace game. I'm going to have to chance being lucky and getting a ticket on saturday now.

I think there are 3,800 tickets available for Palace so that shouldn't be a problem. Would be nice if we could get close to that. I think we'll probably get close to the Ipswich number though. Apart from the result, that was a good crack from all the singers at the back.

I'm sure some kind people on here who goes in there might be able to get you both in there?

Did you sit in the East Eend against Cardiff this season? If so, how did you get in?

No not this season, about 5 or 6 years ago.

Oh and Taunton City, your probably right. I think we'll get 13,048

I did it with a friend for the Barnsley game, just start a thread in the east end section, or on Ziderheads if your registerd there!

I had a great time in there, you really should try and give it a go!!

Palace is pay on the day, with a total of 3,800 possible.

So I don't really see a need for advanced ticket sales to ST holders.

I think there are 3,800 tickets available for Palace so that shouldn't be a problem. Would be nice if we could get close to that. I think we'll probably get close to the Ipswich number though. Apart from the result, that was a good crack from all the singers at the back.

As ive said in another thread, the amount of tickets isnt the point. It would be nice if we could get clsoe to that, or even sell out. Damn right it was a hell of a laugh at the back! "5-0, and were having fun" sticks out to me, aswell as "6-0, and you still wont sing".

The east end is open for the boro game, just for people the club like though.

If its a overflow then by all means the club feels you are safe enough to be let into the east end without any details being handed over, but if a season ticket holder in the east end got you a ticket he would have to hand over your date of birth, name and address.

The east end is the only stand to be treated like this.

If you wish to get into the east end for the colchester game then its even easier!! The club in their divine wisdom are putting fans of the future in there, so you can stroll into the ticket office and get yourself a ticket for that game along with up to 4 Children tickets.

But for the boro game and every other home game unless they use the magic "Overflow" word, you are deemed too much of a risk to be allowed into the stand for that game.

You chose to get a Dolman ST, so why are the club treating you like shxt :noexpression: . You could have got a ST in the east end. You were lucky you could afford a ST :whistle2:

Wish it was that easy, but live and work in Cardiff.

Thanks for all you replies, think i'll use the saved money on tickets to Palace away.

Bet my heart gets the better of me on Saturday anyway.

Give DAVE L a pm.

i'm sure if you ask him he will go and ask the ticket office what the problem is

and pm you back.

You chose to get a Dolman ST, so why are the club treating you like shxt :noexpression: . You could have got a ST in the east end. You were lucky you could afford a ST :whistle2:

Yes, but this game is not included in my ST bundle of matches is it now. What will the club do if all the other stands were sold out? Sorry sir, although you have bought a ST for the last 15 years and supported the club financially through these years, we cannot give you a ticket in that stand for this game. NOW ###### OFF! That is how it appears to me.

As for being lucky to afford a ST, I beg to differ. I am probably on one of the lowest annual incomes of any of the ST holders and have the same outgoings as many. I just compromise each month. Each time I don't go out or save some money through not participating in an entertainment, I put that money aside - roughly £40 month - after about 12 months I have accumulated £480 and my Season ticket each year.

It is strange how they deal with people wanting to go in the east end. I wanted to buy an extra ticket as a "bring a friend" for the coventry game, so phoned the club who said this was fine, but when i got down there they told me they would do it this time but they shouldnt really. Also i've just got back from the club and got my tickets for the Boro game, and even when presenting my ST and asking for Boro tickets in the EE it was as if they were doing me a favour, and shouldnt of really done it. I don't understand why the club give the impression that their doing something naughty by selling tickets in the EE.

The east end is open for the boro game, just for people the club like though.

If its a overflow then by all means the club feels you are safe enough to be let into the east end without any details being handed over, but if a season ticket holder in the east end got you a ticket he would have to hand over your date of birth, name and address.

The east end is the only stand to be treated like this.

If you wish to get into the east end for the colchester game then its even easier!! The club in their divine wisdom are putting fans of the future in there, so you can stroll into the ticket office and get yourself a ticket for that game along with up to 4 Children tickets.

But for the boro game and every other home game unless they use the magic "Overflow" word, you are deemed too much of a risk to be allowed into the stand for that game.

So in theory does this mean if anyone who wants to sit in the EE V Colchester would just have to buy a adult ticket and a u16 ticket which is a pound and then they can get in there? You woudn't even need to take a u16 with you. Just buy the ticket and hand it over or a u16 who is about to buy a ticket or just bin it.

It is strange how they deal with people wanting to go in the east end. I wanted to buy an extra ticket as a "bring a friend" for the coventry game, so phoned the club who said this was fine, but when i got down there they told me they would do it this time but they shouldnt really. Also i've just got back from the club and got my tickets for the Boro game, and even when presenting my ST and asking for Boro tickets in the EE it was as if they were doing me a favour, and shouldnt of really done it. I don't understand why the club give the impression that their doing something naughty by selling tickets in the EE.

Do you ever get the impression when buying tickets in the club shop that you're dealing with no mark jobsworths?

For about the 10 millionth time, there is no reason for the E.E not to be open to all. Apart from the fact that the club cannot be bothered with it.

Dispite the fact that it can only increase attendance. Many fans would go in, if not every game now and again.

Great times and efforts by players, fans, manager and staff i.m.h.o spoiled by their attitude to this stand. :grr::tv_horror:

Do you ever get the impression when buying tickets in the club shop that you're dealing with no mark jobsworths?

Yeah i do. Think it mightve been mine and me dads Middlesboro tickets, i got charged for a childs ticket at £10, even though i asked for a student ticket. "So that's one adult and one child ticket then?" i was asked when the woman was confirming it.

But then they completely balls it up by going totally against what it says on the OFFICIAL SITE when it says you can get boro tickets in the shop on the dayof the Cardiff (???) game up until kick off.

Never had that problem.

Did have the problem of having to wait behind some idiot who couldn't/wouldn't understand that A block in the Atyeo wouldn't be rammed full of Cardiff supporters when we played them. The shop girl must have explained the arrangements for Cardiff away tickets half a dozen times, looked at various other options for him & his family to sit in different blocks or stands. She was remarkably patient & helpful, more so than I would have been.

I get the impression some people buying tickets shouldn't be allowed out without their carer.

What an absolute **** UP by the club.

I cant buy a ticket in the East End over the phone 2 days before when I'm a ST holder, but I can be anyone from the street and rock up on the day and buy one. Takes the piss really.

Apologies to EXETER RED..if you had phoned 30 secs early I would have had the ticket.....hope you managed to sell it on though.

Archived