IGNORED

An Australian Asks - What Is The "world" Service Like?

libertarian

Should Nick Carle manage to make it into the Bristol City first team, I'd be interested in buying the Bristol City 'World' service.

The website doesn't seem to say much about it. Is it streamed only? Can you download the games? Can you only watch full games live? What is the quality like? Anyone out side of the UK/Euro have any experience with the service?

Thanks in advance!

Should Nick Carle manage to make it into the Bristol City first team, I'd be interested in buying the Bristol City 'World' service.

The website doesn't seem to say much about it. Is it streamed only? Can you download the games? Can you only watch full games live? What is the quality like? Anyone out side of the UK/Euro have any experience with the service?

Thanks in advance!

you cant watch games live, only the highlights once the game has finished

you can have audio commentary though

quality of highlight video is fine but not good enough for full screen

Thanks in advance!

BCFC World does not give live game streaming but does give highlights about a day later, it also gives interviews which are not shown on the official site.

If you want to watch a live stream then you had better hope we get promoted to the Prem and then you can watch us on Sopcast.

Thanks in advance!

Could you tell us anything you know about Nick Carle??

I've read reports that he's a very gifted player who going to do the business, but i've also read that he his a player that rarely plays to his potential....

If you don't want to pay the full amount you could go for the monthly option for £3.99. Then you could watch the big interview when he signs, probably catch him in a game, and then have the choice of continuing your subscription or cancelling.

edit - oh and yes you can choose to download or stream

Could you tell us anything you know about Nick Carle??

I've read reports that he's a very gifted player who going to do the business, but i've also read that he his a player that rarely plays to his potential....

A lot of debate in Australia over Nick Carle, he has a lot of detractors and a lot of fans. Many of our top Football commentators were critical that he wasn't being selected for the National team not too long ago. Interim (and hack) coach Graham Arnold didn't seem to like him, and he didn't appear to select him until the uproar reached crescendo. He was able to perform for the national team however, and with continued form will probably cement a place. He hasn't been 100% for the national team however, more than likely trying too hard to ensure a place in the team. Search videos only, some hilarious mistakes :)

Didn't watch Australian football when he was decried as being a lazy player, and it doesn't seem to be part of his game to me now. Does still try to do too much at times when a simple lay off would be better, but a good coach should be able to straighten that aspect of his game out.

Whether he's suited to Bristol or the CC only time will tell. CC Managers have a reputation in Australia of not being able to pick our players very well. There are numerous current and former Socceroos who played CC and weren't regulars only to move on to first or second div Dutch, German or other Euro Football and play major roles, and even move onto Premier League and Serie A.

Hope that helps.

If you don't want to pay the full amount you could go for the monthly option for £3.99. Then you could watch the big interview when he signs, probably catch him in a game, and then have the choice of continuing your subscription or cancelling.

edit - oh and yes you can choose to download or stream

Thanks for that, didn't think of that option. Four pounds not a bad price to trial the service. I have a feeling that monthly option might be UK only though. Will check.

Thanks guys, hopefully now that an Australian plays for Bristol, Fox Sports (the local pay-tv Football broadcaster) will pick some Bristol games to show out of the 4-5 lives CC games they show each month.

A word of advice - it's Bristol City. There is another team that plays in Bristol with Bristol in the name and they (Bristol Manor Farm) would be very upset to be confused with us. ;)

Libertarian Just to let you know Fox sports already show all the CCC featured matches On pay TV in Australia.

City have been on live twice this season

Last year sopcast had the FA cup tie with Middlesbrough and the picture was very good.(At least In Melbourne with my ISP it was )

I don't think we can expect to see many more live matches than we already get until we're in the Premier.

Thanks in advance!

World is great value for money.

Archived