IGNORED

People Of Dolman Stand

redjar

But everyone should be able to watch the game in the manner which they feel fit, if you want to sing get into the east end etc.

Some people enjoy going to a game sitting down and watching it, others like to sing and enjoy themselves that way.

There is no "right" way to watch a football game.

Couldn't disagree more tbh. Yeah, the EE generates a great atmosphere but why should people have to move there, abandon friendships they've made through years of sitting in the same seat just because we want to sing?

I love my seat and love the banter with the people who've been there through the shit times and they view it provides. The only thing that's lacking is singing as only a handful of us do it. Why should we have to move just for that?

The fact is, people shouldn't go to the games if they don't want to back the team. I wouldn't dream of going to a match and not making myself heard. If people want to sit there and make no noise, I suggest they go and watch cricket. And I love cricket btw!

Couldn't disagree more tbh. Yeah, the EE generates a great atmosphere but why should people have to move there, abandon friendships they've made through years of sitting in the same seat just because we want to sing?

I love my seat and love the banter with the people who've been there through the shit times and they view it provides. The only that's lacking is singing as only a handful of us do it. Why should we have to move just for that?

The fact is, people shouldn't go to the games if they don't want to back the team. I wouldn't dream of going to a match and not making myself heard. If people want to sit there and make no noise, I suggest they go and watch cricket. And I love cricket btw!

exactly why go to a match if you just sit there and make no noise and go home afterwards.

when i first went to a city match the atmosphere is what drew me in and has kept me coming.

Because that is how they feel that they want to watch the game. How can you say your view of how to watch the game is more important to how other people want to watch the game?

Tin, becuase if people don't want to sing where are they meant to do? What about OAPs? If they are sat next to you and they don't feel like singing and just sitting down and watching the game is that bad?

You should move because people around you are not the same style of supporter that you. You should go to where the other fans are making a noise not just stand there complaining that people around you arnt singing. If people don't want to sing you cant complain at them if they don't want it.

Its like if you want to stand or sit to watch football, there is no right or wrong just peoples different opinions.

Modern football grounds will never have everyone singing, the typical football fan has changed.

The board gave city fans the chance to get into the east end, ok not pay on the day at all times but season tickets, they have set aside a area for fans to sing and get behind the team, the majority of singers took up the offer and got into the stand.

What else is the club meant to do? If people don't take up that offer they cant do much else can they.

Because that is how they feel that they want to watch the game. How can you say your view of how to watch the game is more important to how other people want to watch the game?

Fair point, there is no right or wrong way to watch a game but if the club can set aside a singing section, or a smoking section in the past why can't they set aside a stand for the silent folk to congregate as well then?

Tin, becuase if people don't want to sing where are they meant to do? What about OAPs? If they are sat next to you and they don't feel like singing and just sitting down and watching the game is that bad?

I've had a ST in my seat for 12-years now as boy and man. I know everyone who's still there from those days and have built up good relationships with them over the years. I don't care if they don't want to sing but why should they poke me for occasionally standing up or singing when they've only been there five minutes? I fail to see why they have more rights than me tbh.

You should move because people around you are not the same style of supporter that you. You should go to where the other fans are making a noise not just stand there complaining that people around you arnt singing. If people don't want to sing you cant complain at them if they don't want it.

In that case everyone should move because you'll never get a eutopia of OAP's in one stand, prawn sandwich brigade in another and singers in the EE. It's not about not singing, it's about them making people around us uncomfortable and look like idiots because or their complaining for us trying to get atmosphere going. Why should I have to move for that? I fail to see what that would achieve as it would be just another nail in the coffin for that area.

Its like if you want to stand or sit to watch football, there is no right or wrong just peoples different opinions.

Modern football grounds will never have everyone singing, the typical football fan has changed.

The board gave city fans the chance to get into the east end, ok not pay on the day at all times but season tickets, they have set aside a area for fans to sing and get behind the team, the majority of singers took up the offer and got into the stand.

What else is the club meant to do? If people don't take up that offer they cant do much else can they.

It's a boring point that's been flogged to death but the board shouldn't have priced out the working man. They're entirely responsible for bringing in this kind of 'prawn sandwich' supporter. The way forward, is to allow more people in the EE. Sell tickets on the day for there and allow people to transfer is they so wish. Simple really.

At the end of the day, if Sir Alex Ferguson is coming out moaning about the lack of atmosphere and GJ echoes those sentiments then I think they're highlighted an endemic in our game as a whole, not just at the Gate or Old Trafford.

Archived