IGNORED

Match Thread

Luke_Ciderhead

16:58 GOAL - Liam Fontaine

Bristol City 1 - Middlesbrough 0Foul by Robert Huth (Middlesbrough) on David Noble (Bristol City). Indirect free kick taken left-footed by Jamie McAllister (Bristol City) from right channel, goal by Liam Fontaine (Bristol City) left-footed (bottom-right of goal) from right side of six-yard box (6 yards).Bristol City 1-0 Middlesbrough. Assist (header) by Tamas Vasko (Bristol City) from centre of penalty area.

:winner_third_h4h:

cmon city, wish i were there on call at work, couldnt get cover, hate listening on radio makes the tension 10 times worse. sounds like we are playing well again, you redz. :englandsmile4wf:

We were playing well until their goal, then the crowd went silent and the players seemed to play with a lot less confidence.

I'm actually hoping that Johnson is giving them an ear bashing right now - when we were playing without fear Middlesbrough didn't always seem to know what to do with us. When we started playing with fear we couldn't even get the ball out of our half.

Pretty even first half - think our goal will eventually go down as an own goal - commentators describing Boro goal as a howler from Basso. noble once he got going put some good passes through - elliot commanding and Vasko looking very solid. Their goal not solely down to Basso as it really should have been cleared well before it got to Downing.

Still all to play for in 2nd half - would like to see us attacking a bit more and would expect Trundle for Nobes or Wilson if it stays as it is.

Crowd seem pretty quiet but apart from East End ground looks quite full. Experts on ESPN think Boro in the ascendancy - bull if you ask me - think we can win this and with a half-time talk from GJ can see it happening.

Archived