IGNORED

Anyone Else Seen/heard This?

BITW

Matt Le tissier's views on our game

Bristol City 1 Middlesbrough 2

Soccer Saturday Reaction

Matt Le Tissier told Soccer Saturday that David Wheater's winning goal for Boro was 'Beckenbauer-esque'.

Wheater struck in the 72nd minute to send Middlesbrough through to the fourth round of the FA Cup and Le Tissier waxed lyrical about a must-see goal.

"It was a great winning goal," said Le Tissier, "Wheater started the move on the half-way line, played the ball out to Luke Young, and as a centre back you don't normally see them carrying on their run, but Wheater carried on his run and Young played the ball into Lee Cattermole in the inside right channel.

"Wheater carried on his run and he came in with a right foot finish - a great finish for a centre back - it was Beckenbauer-esque!"

It was the Championship side who took the lead after 18 minutes but Le Tissier felt that Middlesbrough were never in doubt of winning the game.

"Bristol City went ahead against the run of play with [Liam] Fontaine scrambling the ball in, but once Middlesbrough got back level, Bristol City didn't really threaten again and it was no surprise."

Gareth Southgate sent out a weakened Boro team and Le Tissier was impressed with the front men even though none of them managed to find the net.

"A lot of credit to Middlesbrough. The young lad up front, Ben Hutchison started brightly, but he faded a little bit and Lee Dong-Gook came on.

"And Tuncay looked particularly sharp when he came on."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11726_3025251,00.html

theres a video aswell

What a f#$&*(g ####### i cant stand these football pundits talking crap about city were are easily one of the best footballing sides below the premiership and instead of giving us the credit we deserve for that they just look past us and always seem to judge the oppistion better then us and seem to just watch the oppistion and not us !!!!

:ranting::ranting::badmood:

Soccer Saturday Reaction

Matt Le Tissier told Soccer Saturday that David Wheater's winning goal for Boro was 'Beckenbauer-esque'.

Wheater struck in the 72nd minute to send Middlesbrough through to the fourth round of the FA Cup and Le Tissier waxed lyrical about a must-see goal.

"It was a great winning goal," said Le Tissier, "Wheater started the move on the half-way line, played the ball out to Luke Young, and as a centre back you don't normally see them carrying on their run, but Wheater carried on his run and Young played the ball into Lee Cattermole in the inside right channel.

"Wheater carried on his run and he came in with a right foot finish - a great finish for a centre back - it was Beckenbauer-esque!"

It was the Championship side who took the lead after 18 minutes but Le Tissier felt that Middlesbrough were never in doubt of winning the game.

"Bristol City went ahead against the run of play with [Liam] Fontaine scrambling the ball in, but once Middlesbrough got back level, Bristol City didn't really threaten again and it was no surprise."

Gareth Southgate sent out a weakened Boro team and Le Tissier was impressed with the front men even though none of them managed to find the net.

"A lot of credit to Middlesbrough. The young lad up front, Ben Hutchison started brightly, but he faded a little bit and Lee Dong-Gook came on.

theres a video aswell

The bit about the finish is a bit OTT but the rest is spot on TBH. We were dire today, simple as.

Soccer Saturday Reaction

theres a video aswell

Strange that, Le Tissier was one of the ones on SSN before kick off that predicted a City win.... :blink:

What a f#$&*(g ####### i cant stand these football pundits talking crap about city were are easily one of the best footballing sides below the premiership and instead of giving us the credit we deserve for that they just look past us and always seem to judge the oppistion better then us and seem to just watch the oppistion and not us !!!!

:ranting::ranting::badmood:

Eh?

He pretty much got it spot on...

Guest Tafkar

Our goal wasn't against the run of play, the first 20 minutes were very cagey, neither side created anything. Middlesbrough saw plenty of the ball but did nothing with it, we defended stoutly and they didn't have any real opportunities, so I don't see how he can say that. Similarly after we scored they didn't really take control until we gifted them an equaliser.

Our goal wasn't against the run of play, the first 20 minutes were very cagey, neither side created anything. Middlesbrough saw plenty of the ball but did nothing with it, we defended stoutly and they didn't have any real opportunities, so I don't see how he can say that. Similarly after we scored they didn't really take control until we gifted them an equaliser.

I thought after we scored Middlesborough were pretty much in control, and before our goal Middlesborough were holding on to the ball a lot better than us. I don't think it was an all conquering display by Middlesborough but they were clearly the better side.

And I think Le Tissier is commending the nature of the goal, i.e. a centre back making the sort of run you'd expect from a Giggs or Scholes, and with a calm finish to boot when the extra man is what did it in for City.

To be honest I wouldn't argue with anything that Le Tissier has said there, and to be honest if that was the only display that you saw city play in, which it might be for Le Tis, then it was hardly great football all the time. There were an awful lot of hopeful balls going up to Byefield at times with the ball just coming straight back at us.

My friend was at home watching Sky Sports Saturday and he was doing our game. My mate text me and said he said we hadn't had a shot on goal. Made me laugh because I saw 2-3 efforts we had on goal.

He's just bitter because here we are the little Bristol City who in there first season in the Championship are joint top with 20 games to whilst his beloved Southampton are down in 15th and doing crap.

Archived