IGNORED

Proud To Be A Supporter

Always Believesham

On a positive note i think city performed well today. When boro scored their prowess showed and we were outclassed. They had good runners and players who, when they got the ball knew exactly what they would do with it. Johnson started off really well, went in for three tackles and somehow won the ball. Around me people went to clap and when noble played a naff pass there was a groan as everyone believed johnson was in the wrong. but my quarms with problems with johnson aren't what i'm posting about

People that left early irritated me.. admitadely some had places to go...work etc but still that many?? And 15,000-16,000 surely there were more than that in the packed atyoe, dolman, williams, and 3 blocks of the east end.

Maybe it's wrong to moan after a good performance, however the negative calls to radio bristol had me groaning but why did people believe we had the divine right to win this game, we're good but middlesborough raised their game aswell.. we are not falling apart, we weren't ripped apart, we need to look at how much we've moved on in the last year.

Be positive

the negative calls to radio bristol had me groaning

Yeah, me too. The same four or five people (Mark, Ian, young Sam et al) have got into an annoying habit of phoning Radio Bris immediately after home games and sharing with us their "wisdom".

I wish that Terry from Shirehampton would either take some happy pills or have his phone surgically removed (from his arse because that's what he talks from) because his opinions always leave me feeling depressed.

I guess that I could use the off button but I'd prefer that instead, they'd just give it a rest.

Whilst driving home yesterday I thought I had watched a completely different game to those on Radio Bristol.

They all have opinions , but you are right in that local radio often have extreme views that frustrate and differ from the many fans that have been at the same game .

Wolves game in November , if you had listened to the local radio you would have thought the game finished 10-1 . But guess who started the ball rolling - Mick 'mediocre'Mcarthy and there on the fans jumped on the band wagon .

Simarlarly local radio at Burnley last week .

But Radio Bristol is still listened to after the game . Why oh why . :disapointed2se::disapointed2se:

I plan to enter the radio briz phone in after the blackpool game, I listenned to it in my mates car (so not of my own choice! :P) on teh way back from Coventry and the people moaning was incredible.....of course they'd follow up their point by saying "I'm not moaning". Cue the response of "Yes, you are!" from more or less everybody listening I would imagine. Saying things like "well we need a new striker, although Byfield played well today he didn't really.......and a new midfielder, although Johnson played well today normally he.......". Maybe a new defender, winger, goalkeeper as well? Kit-man? Goalkeeping Coach? Manager?! The people, players and staff, who got us up deserved their chance to prove themselves at the next level and they have taken it admirabley in my view. Yes a 20-goal a season man would be just lovely, but wouldn't every side in the championship say that? How many sides in the championship can say they have one?

I don't want to throw accusations around but i have phoned in before but not ben spoken to by geoff. It may be misfortune but i think my downfall is i generally want to be positive about city aah well who needs a rival in the same league when we can argue amoungst ourselves constantly.

I would now like to apologise for moaning about people moaning about city

we did have the same problem with enoch, bpool away this season, the abuse was well out of order, i think he went off injured the next game, in that game he was no better or worse than trundle but if your in the chair forget it.

i allways thought he still had sumut to offer, and he has showed he can be a threat.

Yeah, me too. The same four or five people (Mark, Ian, young Sam et al) have got into an annoying habit of phoning Radio Bris immediately after home games and sharing with us their "wisdom".

I wish that Terry from Shirehampton would either take some happy pills or have his phone surgically removed (from his arse because that's what he talks from) because his opinions always leave me feeling depressed.

I guess that I could use the off button but I'd prefer that instead, they'd just give it a rest.

Good morning RH.

I'm the Mark (Tovey) who you've been referring to in this thread and I'd like to take this opportunity to address your comments.

Yes, I do ring Radio Bristol after every home match, because I treat the phone-in like this forum; as a chance air my opinions about the game I've just witnessed. Football is all about opinions and I can only summarise matches as I perceive them.

I'm unapologetically shameless and expect people to take my comments with a pinch of salt. However, I'm an extremely positive person as anybody who knows me will testify.

With regards to the Middlesbrough match, if City want to be considered as Premiership contenders, then they'll have to recruit better players and Saturday was a painful reminder of the gulf between the divisions.

My first full season supporting City was the promotion campaign of 1975/76, when as as a naive 8 year-old I thought that City were invincible. Of course, I've had to be a little more realistic in the last 32 years, but I've never been more excited about a season until now, because City can acheive top flight status for only the third time in their entire history.

What a prospect! Let's keep on supporting that aim and: "Come on you Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeds!!"

Have a great week.

we did have the same problem with enoch, bpool away this season, the abuse was well out of order, i think he went off injured the next game, in that game he was no better or worse than trundle but if your in the chair forget it.

i allways thought he still had sumut to offer, and he has showed he can be a threat.

Even though it was a long time ago, you cannot seriously tell me that Enoch had even a half decent game that day?! Granted since he's come back he's played quite well and got a few goals.

Back on point, some of the "fans" that phone into Radio Bristol really astound me. I havent listened this season apart from 1 game as i now don't get a lift down and back, but its still the same. I did notice that this particular game, a certain Kelvin didnt phone in toa ir his negatively positive views. Probably because it was a game where, god forbid to these RB callers, we actually played well.

To be fair to Twentyman, he doesnt know what the fans are likely to say as to whether they are going to be negative or positive, but surely he can start to cut the more negative ones off in the hope of more positive people. I think Twentyman, when i used to listen regularly anyway, gets frustrated with people constantly moaning, from Rovers fans aswell as City fans by the way he reacts and gets sarcastic.

Archived