IGNORED

Won 12 From 14

dezgimed

Decent stat on Football Focus today.

Before Boro, we'd won 12 games from 13 when we'd scored first (not checked but assume the QPR game is the exception).

Also noticed we seem to go into half time at 0-0 a hell of a lot??

Think our defense deserves some praise this season after a few shaky performances from some players. Notably thought Orr did well today against the countrys best left footed winger and McAllister was sound except for letting his man go for Boro's second.

Vasko getting better and better, and shows his international class with the ability to play the ball to feet from defense as opposed to just 'clearing his lines' as too many players do.

Colchester lost 3-1 at home today (after having won their last 8 FA cup games at LR) to P'boro...1-0 up...think we should collect 3 points next week.

:englandsmile4wf:

Yeah that is a good stat.

I also note that we have won every game we have been ahead at half time this season, and 13 out of 14 last season. Now that is one hell of a stat

Shows that even though some don't like the way we sit back in the last 10 minutes, it nearly always works. Top manager in my book.

Yeah that is a good stat.

I also note that we have won every game we have been ahead at half time this season, and 13 out of 14 last season. Now that is one hell of a stat

Shows that even though some don't like the way we sit back in the last 10 minutes, it nearly always works. Top manager in my book.

Many good sides protect a lead , no need to go gung ho and lose what we've worked hard for . Its a credit to how the team controls themselves . As you've said , down to the manager. :worship2:

Many good sides protect a lead , no need to go gung ho and lose what we've worked hard for . Its a credit to how the team controls themselves . As you've said , down to the manager. :worship2:

Many years ago I remember Howard Kendall commenting on his Everton side that had swept aside everyone saying "a successful side is always built from the back, if you don't concede you don't lose, it's as simple as that"

This season, as last season, we have built on a terrific back line.

We still have issues up front, we know that, we did last season and some gaps have been filled with tremendous signings like Elliott and McIndoe.

However, nobody can under-estimate how well our back line as performed.

Great effort lads, keep it up.

I remember hearing last time we were live on Sky when we went in 1-0 up at halftime that we havent lost a game at the gate for 6 years when we have gone in at half time winning.

The timespan may be wrong, mite be 4 or 5 years but thats definately a statistic that was mentioned. That is an incredible record to be fair.

Archived