IGNORED

Fa Cup

94th Minute

I know that its a dissapointment to be out of the cup, a cup run would have been nice, maybe got a premership team away in the next round, nice day out, and a bit of extra money.

But I'm sure I wasn't the only one yesterday, as we got to the point, we could get an equaliser at best, a winner just didn't seem like it was going to happen, that I was hoping that we wouldn't get back into it. A trip up north, overcrowding our fixture list, seemed like it might have streched our, already thiner than the rests, squad, and blown any chances of making the playoffs.

Don't get me wrong, going through would have been great, but a lot like the LDV last season, we could be looking down on the championship, from the premier league, next season, thinking, with hindsight, how lucky it was that we got knocked out.

On the same topic, WBA Charlton was a good result, giving them both an extra fixture they wouldn't have wanted...got to be good for us?

Anyone else agree, or am I looking for a silver lining where there just isn't one.

personally, I didn't really care about the result yesterday as long as

a) we didn't get stuffed

b) draw and have to travel up there for another replay.

the silver lining is that I believe when the 4th Round is played we will have a free weekend, giving the players a rest, only another downside is, Blackpool who we play a few days later are also out the cup.

Archived