IGNORED

For The Attention Of Fellow East Enders

Riaz

I've been in the East End all season and have enjoyed every game apart from the last (over the top policing). But with the next game being 'fans of the future'. I'm thinking of moving stands for this one game.....

I just cant see how we can enjoy ourselves when there are hundreds of kids next to us????

I suspect we'll be asked not to swear and I can see the parents, many of whom may have never been to a football match, not appreciating our loudness or what they might perceive to be rowdyness....

What do the rest of you think?

I've been in the East End all season and have enjoyed every game apart from the last (over the top policing). But with the next game being 'fans of the future'. I'm thinking of moving stands for this one game.....

I just cant see how we can enjoy ourselves when there are hundreds of kids next to us????

I suspect we'll be asked not to swear and I can see the parents, many of whom may have never been to a football match, not appreciating our loudness or what they might perceive to be rowdyness....

What do the rest of you think?

Agree with you about the parents etc. Although HOPEFULLY people who want to go in the East End (who currently don't) to help with the atmosphere will choose the "bring a friend" with someone who is currently in there. I've done this and will be in there to try and help with the atmosphere and singing as much as possible.

Not sure they would be... Its all about attracting NEW young fans and so I can see alot of the parents not being even interested in the football..

Especially with schools being given FREE tickets. The club said they lost money from the Barnsley game by having ticket prices at half price, then they go and give away FREE tickets. Granted its 1000 childs tickets which, in the grand scheme of things isnt exactly going to break the bank, but its still money being lost.

Especially with schools being given FREE tickets. The club said they lost money from the Barnsley game by having ticket prices at half price, then they go and give away FREE tickets. Granted its 1000 childs tickets which, in the grand scheme of things isnt exactly going to break the bank, but its still money being lost.

To be honest, I agree with the concept. Out of those thousand children, if only 50 went to become city fans for life it can only benefit the club.

I just think its not a good place to put them. Especially when the club claim they have problems with crowd behaviour in the stand and go to the to extreme of getting peoples name and addresses to let them in. Then they put hundreds of little ones in there??!!

To be honest, I agree with the concept. Out of those thousand children, if only 50 went to become city fans for life it can only benefit the club.

I just think its not a good place to put them. Especially when the club claim they have problems with crowd behaviour in the stand and go to the to extreme of getting peoples name and addresses to let them in. Then they put hundreds of little ones in there??!!

Youve got a point. Then saying that, if the East End is on top form (which opefully it will be despite the kids) then i think the parents could put a stop to their kids going again for a few years. Worse could come to worse, take them to the dark side as a matter of balance, hear no swearing or anything, and the kids decide to become part of the blue few. We all know that after half an hour they would want to commit suicide but still, its a horrible thought!

I wouldn't worry about parents being put off by going in the east end with their kids. The swearing, singing and abuse goes on in all parts of the ground (although the singing is more concentrated in the East End). Kids love it because its a better atmosphere and makes the day. I know from experience, my daughter comes to every home game and some away. There is swearing and abuse all around by i bet no worse than the school play ground i bet.

Fill the ground even if its with screaming kids at least there will be lots of noise and not lots of empty seats.

It's going to be horrible.

Tell me about it, Giles in the same stand as us. I might change stands too. :disapointed2se:

Didn't i read on here a couple of weeks ago that they were allocated the blocks by the exit. Therefor leaving the a couple of blocks for season ticket holders? Either way i don't think it'll be to much of a problem. Not ideal by any means.

Archived