IGNORED

Jevons Gone On Perm Transfer To Huddersfield

brady bunch

In many ways this is a shame- I don't feel we ever saw the best of Jevo but feel he is capable of much. Pre-season I predicted he would be our top scorer this season!

But clearly club and player have decided this is the best thing so I'm sure we'll all wish him well- top scorer in our promotion season.

Thanks Jevo and all the best.

Guest ashtonyate

As I posted on Zider site This has me puzzled Johnson had him as a player at Yeovil so he must have known what he was getting when he signed for us done not to bad last season lost his way a bit in the end.

Then he sold him without a chance to see what he could do, it is not that we have a string of goal scoring players at the moment

on the books.

The question is why did he sell him did they have a fall out or what as I said he knew what he was like.

Surly he can't buy players with one season in mind he must think that they will fit in for the long term but there again Betsy was not given a chance but its all a little worrying

Guest ashtonyate
Why?

I only ask again because the reasoning in your post didn't make any sense, as usual.

It may not make sense to you but it makes perfect sense to me keep trying it will come

It may not make sense to you but it makes perfect sense to me keep trying it will come

It doesn't make any sense at all, there's nothing worrying about Jevons leaving or Betsy not getting a game.

Simply put, players to get you out of league one are not necessarily players that can make you successful in the Championship.

It doesn't make any sense at all, there's nothing worrying about Jevons leaving or Betsy not getting a game.

Simply put, players to get you out of league one are not necessarily players that can make you successful in the Championship.

Terrific fella by all accounts.

Never acted like a spoiled kid when he was dropped from the team and despite people thinking he looked a little lazy at times I thought he was a professional in the way he went about things.

Best of luck at Huddersfield Jevo, glad the club did right by you.

Guest ashtonyate

Well I think if you are committing your club to buying players surly you must be looking more long term than a season if you are signing them on for 2 1/2 3 years contract.

As for Betsy I don't think he has been with us for a year yet.

Well I think if you are committing your club to buying players surly you must be looking more long term than a season if you are signing them on for 2 1/2 3 years contract.

We didn't buy Jevons, we signed him on a free on a 2 year contract.

Betsy didn't cost much and we needed cover on the wing to keep the promotion challenge up. You aren't exactly spoiled for choice in league one in January.

Neither player has cost us much in wages or fees and we're actually making money on Jevons. You're moaning over nothing. Again.

We didn't buy Jevons, we signed him on a free on a 2 year contract.

Betsy didn't cost much and we needed cover on the wing to keep the promotion challenge up. You aren't exactly spoiled for choice in league one in January.

Neither player has cost us much in wages or fees and we're actually making money on Jevons. You're moaning over nothing. Again.

The signings of Betsy and Wilson last season were strange- neither player is widely considered to have been a "great" player in our promotion push and Wilson has had limited chances this term (while Betsy has not played).

BUT their contribution in the latter half of the promotion campaign was still key- they added depth at a crucial time and to an injury-hit squad. Both players have talent and even on their contribution to last season alone I think won us promotion. Basso, Carey, McCombe etc. won the plaudits but to use a cliche it's a squad game- and without those additions I don't think we'd have gone up. They tipped the balance.

As I posted on Zider site This has me puzzled Johnson had him as a player at Yeovil so he must have known what he was getting when he signed for us done not to bad last season lost his way a bit in the end.

Then he sold him without a chance to see what he could do, it is not that we have a string of goal scoring players at the moment

on the books.

The question is why did he sell him did they have a fall out or what as I said he knew what he was like.

Surly he can't buy players with one season in mind he must think that they will fit in for the long term but there again Betsy was not given a chance but its all a little worrying

Not sure it's worrying, but agree with you. Shame he didn't get a run (however short), saw him at Brentford at the beginning of the season and I thought he linked well with Trunds for the short time they played together that very wet night. Smashed home (one of two) a cracker as well.

Good luck Jevo.

The signings of Betsy and Wilson last season were strange- neither player is widely considered to have been a "great" player in our promotion push and Wilson has had limited chances this term (while Betsy has not played).

BUT their contribution in the latter half of the promotion campaign was still key- they added depth at a crucial time and to an injury-hit squad. Both players have talent and even on their contribution to last season alone I think won us promotion. Basso, Carey, McCombe etc. won the plaudits but to use a cliche it's a squad game- and without those additions I don't think we'd have gone up. They tipped the balance.

I agree with you on Wilson.

He's a quality player at League 1 who was a versatile player who could play pretty much all over the pitch on either wing and right back.

However I disagree on Betsy. I don't think he's added anything and I thought at times he was out of his depth in League 1 and wouldn't last 2 seconds in our current league.

Wilson was good League 1, McIndoe is Championship - I tell you what in the games recently it's bloody shown too.

Would we have gone up without Wilson? Maybe not.

Would we have gone up without Betsy? Yes I reckon so.

I thought Jevo might well thrive at this level and had him down to be City's top scorer this season.

Thought also him and Trundle looked worth persevering with as a partnership after a promising start.

Now i reckon our top scorer may be someone we've yet to sign.

GJ leaves me stumped sometimes, but he will have his reasons and I'm confident that Jevo's departure is making room for a superior player.

Jevons biggest problem was at training. All our strikers have a tough job impressing GJ in that regard.

Playing against Carey, Fontaine, Vasko, McCombe Skuse, Ribiero and even James Wilson. I cant see Jevons making much impression against that lot, especially the first 4.

I wish him well, he seemed like a good pro. However a bridge too far.

Archived