IGNORED

Nobes!

ciderup

heard it on the radio, but didn't think too much of it at the time and forgot until now.

we have just signed Nicky Carle who is pretty much a direct replacement for him, so may be something in it.

Noble is due a bosman in the summer and if he's said to City he will be looking to move on then PERHAPS, they are looking to cash in on him now? and get an unmotivated player out the door?

I'm fairly sure though, that once a player is in the last 6months of his contract, he can talk to other clubs and sign a pre-contract with them to join in the summer and there is nothing City could do to stop them, if that's the case and he wants out then I wouldn't be shocked to see him leave fairly soon,

and although it would be a drop down in leagues in the short term, a move to Leeds could be a very good move for him, too me he's one like Jevons, has done well in lower leagues, but probably isn't part of our long term future.

Well Noble doesn't help himself, living with Keogh is bad news.

The pair of them were out on whiteladies tonight, Noble was hammered. He has a fitness issue, getting lashed wont help that! If he want's inspiration, he should look at his mates. Out with Aaron & Marvin Brown, Keogh and Amankwah. All have underachieved. (The only slight worry is that Elliott was out with them!!)

The pair of them were out on whiteladies tonight, Noble was hammered. He has a fitness issue, getting lashed wont help that! If he want's inspiration, he should look at his mates. Out with Aaron & Marvin Brown, Keogh and Amankwah. All have underachieved. (The only slight worry is that Elliott was out with them!!)

can't say I'm shocked about Noble to be honest, wouldn't be sad too see him leave, hasn't done enough

You mention Elliot, Keogh and Noble in the same post. Then you mention inspiration. That word does come to mind with those three names. They are in the prime of their lives, let them live a little. Its not all about a few drinks, there are politics and favorites involved here.

Its not just with BCFC, its the same with any club at any time. You are either in or out, ability comes second unless you are an undeniable star.

Players careers can be destroyed by these posts. Are these players out having a few drinks, or are they out on a binge. There is a big difference and the forum needs to tred gently between opinion and fact.

You mention Elliot, Keogh and Noble in the same post. Then you mention inspiration. That word does come to mind with those three names. They are in the prime of their lives, let them live a little. Its not all about a few drinks, there are politics and favorites involved here.

Its not just with BCFC, its the same with any club at any time. You are either in or out, ability comes second unless you are an undeniable star.

Players careers can be destroyed by these posts. Are these players out having a few drinks, or are they out on a binge. There is a big difference and the forum needs to tred gently between opinion and fact.

I think he mentioned what state he was in when he mentioned the word.........."hammered" it's not the first time it's been mentioned about his off field expliots, you thought he would have learned from past players such as Stewart - that going out boozing it up when out of the team isn't the best way to get into GJ's good books.

I think he mentioned what state he was in when he mentioned the word.........."hammered" it's not the first time it's been mentioned about his off field expliots, you thought he would have learned from past players such as Stewart - that going out boozing it up when out of the team isn't the best way to get into GJ's good books.

" He", being someone who uses an idiot jester as an avatar. That is why I take little notice of his posts. Its just the unsubstantiated comment of a fan with a fool as an avatar, I for one look for more before I decry one of our better players. All our players deserve a better forum from Nobes to LJ.

" He", being someone who uses an idiot jester as an avatar. That is why I take little notice of his posts. Its just the unsubstantiated comment of a fan with a fool as an avatar, I for one look for more before I decry one of our better players. All our players deserve a better forum from Nobes to LJ.

it's just a pic of himself with a silly hat on, like many other people do,

it would be like me saying all your posts are bitter rubbish, because you have a pic of a old man on yours....but that would be unfair wouldn't it.

the lad has purely said what he has seen, which is not different to things that have been said about the same (and other) players on a regular basis, personally speaking I've seen ex-players in town in the past on a regular basis prior to GJ clearing them out, unfortunately some people have blinkers on and refuse to believe it.

plus if fairness to the poster and his posting history, he's been spot on in the past with his info (Carey out of the West Brom game) springs to mind

What sort of post is that? If you judge someone on their avatar not their posting it is you who is the fool. I think Sean Conner is an idiot; does that mean your posts are foolish? No, but I'm starting to change my mind.

From what I've read of Gaffer's posting in the past I fully believe what he has posted and your transparent defending of a player you obviously have a personal liking for exposes only yourself as the blinkered one.

Noble is the one player who seems to do no wrong. He only played THREE more games than Steve Brooker last season and often struggled for fitness. He clearly has talent, but unless this is married with consistent fitness what use is it?

I think he is well liked, so has a bit of slack in most peoples minds, but talent is fragile and unless he is determined to fulfil his potential I'd rather we looked to someone else to fill his shirt number.

I've been really busy recently, hence why i have not posted much.

I make an honest post and somehow my integrity comes into question! I thank bh_red and samo for defending me. There is no politics with my postings, i am just a city fan. I have also stated repeatedly that i really rate Noble as a player, and that we play better with him. However, if he wants to feature more regularly, he has to sort the fitness issue out and i don't think getting lashed on a saturday is the right way to do it. Do you??

About the avatar, it shows me at a city match, mearing city colours, whilst posting on a city forum. Two things, firstly, my face is visable which means you are aware of who i am, not just hiding behind a keyboard. Secondly, 'i'm in the prime of my life, let me have fun', to paraphrase your patronising post. Think about Arny's avatar. Do you think he is a giant tit?

Consider yourself ignored.

Noble needs to sort his fitness out and whilst it's an issue he has no excuse for being down town pissed out of his skull. There's no doubt about his talent but it's sod all use if he can't run. That said it's sadly unsurprising to see certain posters that have obviously targeted him recently slagging him off.

Keogh was told in slightly more colourful language (fat club etc) to take better care of himself and the fact that he hasn't acted on it is why the contract offer was withdrawn. I never have thought he was great to be honest, he has heart and strength but always looked a bit plodding to me and a bit suspect with regards to positioning and distribution. If he knuckled down maybe he could be a player at this level but he doesn't seem to want to so he will end up like Danny Coles.

If Elliot was having a drink nobody would be complaining because he clearly has no issue with fitness, I suspect however that he is a bit more sensible.

I don't think there's a problem with going out on a Saturday night and having a few pints. I remember times a few years ago when pretty much the whole City squad would be down Reflex in midweek smashed to high heaven. I've even got pictures of that's sort of unprofessionalism. A few weeks ago I seen Millen and Naylor out on the razz on Whiteladies so it's not just these lot.

On the Nobe's to Leeds rumour though, I heard the same thing at the Gate yesterday. Whether or not there's any substance in it, I dunno.

I don't think there's a problem with going out on a Saturday night and having a few pints. I remember times a few years ago when pretty much the whole City squad would be down Reflex in midweek smashed to high heaven. I've even got pictures of that's sort of unprofessionalism. A few weeks ago I seen Millen and Naylor out on the razz on Whiteladies so it's not just these lot.

yeah, and look at the state of the club/team then?

no one can deny that since the drinking culture in the club was sorted out by GJ, the club have moved forward incredibly!

Noble needs to sort his fitness out and whilst it's an issue he has no excuse for being down town pissed out of his skull. There's no doubt about his talent but it's sod all use if he can't run. That said it's sadly unsurprising to see certain posters that have obviously targeted him recently slagging him off.

Keogh was told in slightly more colourful language (fat club etc) to take better care of himself and the fact that he hasn't acted on it is why the contract offer was withdrawn. I never have thought he was great to be honest, he has heart and strength but always looked a bit plodding to me and a bit suspect with regards to positioning and distribution. If he knuckled down maybe he could be a player at this level but he doesn't seem to want to so he will end up like Danny Coles.

If Elliot was having a drink nobody would be complaining because he clearly has no issue with fitness, I suspect however that he is a bit more sensible.

to me though that is the sole problem with Noble, FITNESS, if he could preform for 90mins in games like he generally does in the first 45mins no one would complain though when he is struggling for fitness for most of the season, then going out boozing you can have little sympathy.

My personal view on Noble is he isn't fit enough and at this level for an attacking midfield player has no goal scoring threat and he should be replaced on that and I think that's what is going to happen following the signing of Nicky Carle and lets be honest, the top positions on most people's wish list in december was a creative attacking central midfielder and a forward? which points as a worry to long term future for LJ and Noble.

that said, I've always been against totally players who are more concerned with going out boozing and caring more about that than their football, you just need to go to certain establishments in town on a saturday to see the stream of "former players" who never quite made it at City because there were more concerned with the "off-field" delights of being a footballer. Prior today's gaffer posting, it hasn't been mentioned on here.

it does ask another question......pre-season GJ mentioned the "fat club" wonder who they were?

yeah, and look at the state of the club/team then?

no one can deny that since the drinking culture in the club was sorted out by GJ, the club have moved forward incredibly!

Yeah, I agree. What they used to get away with under Wilson/Tinnion was nothing but a joke but I don't see what's wrong with going out for a few bevvies on a Saturday. They're human beings after all and it's a major part of our culture these days so as long as they don't abuse that privelige I don't see the problem personally.

they are athletes and need to be at peak position at a constant basis however agreed.......a couple of drinks isn't a bad thing on a saturday if it is sensible and it isn't a regular occurence, however when someone who has been struggling for fitness and in the last few months has been constantly questioned on here about his inability to last 90mins is seen "hammered" on a saturday night, that is not being sensible and is in ALL honesty PLAIN BLOODY STUPID

perhaps this is part of the reason that he's unable to get full fitness this season.

About 40 years ago I heard that one of my fellow players was hammered on a Saturday night. This was a team managed by Tom Finney. We had a post match team party at a private residence and the player supposedly hammered spent the evening with my group of miscrients. He was normally a loud gregarious individual when sober and he was drinking lemon/lime and bitters all evening. Next day the stink was on about his supposed drunkeness.

He was loud and gregarious, no different to normal, but its amazing how different things appear to others when the " others " are having a drink.

I was asked by a commitee member and my answer given. I know this to be true, it was my house and I poured his drinks.

Archived