IGNORED

Disallowed Goal?

EmersonsKev

What with all the changes to the offside rule over the last few years, this could well have been changed but as I understood it, there needed to be 2 players from the defending team between the attacker / forward when the ball was played / passed.

From that picture, I would say that Vasko was just about the wrong side of their goal keeper.

Like I said, so many changes to the off-side rule and no-one now seems to know what rules we are playing.

Is it because when the "pass" was played to vasko he was behind the goalkeeper? So hes offside?

Or doesnt that count

You have to be at least in line with the second to last player.

He wouldn't have been offside if the ball was played backwards either.

I wasn't there and can't really tell from that pic if either of those counted.

I thought it was the only decision the officials got right. The referee was relying on his assistants to make every decision. The assistants were on the wrong side to see three definite penalties (2 for us 1 for them). The offside decisions in the second half (Byfield twice and McIndoe once) were apalling. The linesman gave us a throw in the second half when their player had his boot on the line in controlling a ball that was definitely still in. "Total Rubbish Refereeing" my 11 year old son informed me, he's a clever lad.

I know we're disappointed about losing, but I thought Colchester we're a good team, came here to play football. I don't think its fair to call one of their best players incompetent
I was surprised by them. That is one of the first times I can remember them coming to AG and playing football. Usually the put 11 men behind the ball and park the teach coach on the goal line. On that performance I'm very surprised where they are. They passed it well tackled well and made there presence felt. I think they took us by surprise.

They have always been our Bogey side so I'm not surprised by the scoreline.

If Kalou's allowed goal againts Newcastle is a guide then Byfield is well onside , let alone Vasko.

Problem is there are so many mistakes with the offside rule everyweek , that nobody seems to understand them , but , questions every one . Top officials don't help themselves with some of the howlers , like the one you have mentioned a couple of weeks ago , that are mulled over by all pundits after .

I've thought for a long while now that by dropping this offside rule , we would lose much controversy in the game which can cost teams matches , like Newcastle on that day .

If they introduced the rule , similar to the often used 5-a -side rule , where one attacking player has to stay , at all times , in the opposing teams half then there might also be , again one of my hates of the game , more continuous play without hearing the whistle which then directly impacts on you and me , by us getting to see more of the game instead of stop ans start all through the match .

There would be additions needed for this change as it is open to abuse by players and managers .

Is it because when the "pass" was played to vasko he was behind the goalkeeper? So hes offside?

Or doesnt that count

Junior Bent versus Derby many years ago (the televised game that finished 4-3) had a simlar goal to this ruled offside and I think you might just be right.

But he is only inline with one defender, which means he is offside.

Not that it matters now but he is only in line with one defender in picture - There could be others out of shot. Also, that picture was obviously not taken when the initial ball was kicked therefore the picture offers no evidence at all really. Have to wait and see the highlights.

Archived