IGNORED

Target Man Needed?

Strictly Obi

I know a lot of people on here are suggesting we need more quality up front, someone that can bag 20 goals a season, but i just wonder if the strikers we all ready have might benefit from having a good target man alongside them.

I thought Colchester were quite poor really, but what stood out to me about them was the front two. Platt is not the greatest player in the world but he won plenty in the air, and gave our defence real problems. Both of them played well together.

I think our wide boys are quality, getting in lots of crosses, but alas no one can get on the end of them. So on comes McCombe for the final 10. Not ideal, but has worked in the past. I do no want to see us hoofing it up front to a big target man, but it could be an option if needed at times.

We have had many target men in the past Cheesley of course, some not as prolific - Trevor Morgan, Torpey, Alison etc. I just feel the strikers we allready have may score a lot more goal given the right partner ie feeding of flick on's and knock downs etc.

Not even sure who is available or for how much, but could we benefit from this type of player right now? over to you!

I know a lot of people on here are suggesting we need more quality up front, someone that can bag 20 goals a season, but i just wonder if the strikers we all ready have might benefit from having a good target man alongside them.

I thought Colchester were quite poor really, but what stood out to me about them was the front two. Platt is not the greatest player in the world but he won plenty in the air, and gave our defence real problems. Both of them played well together.

I think our wide boys are quality, getting in lots of crosses, but alas no one can get on the end of them. So on comes McCombe for the final 10. Not ideal, but has worked in the past. I do no want to see us hoofing it up front to a big target man, but it could be an option if needed at times.

We have had many target men in the past Cheesley of course, some not as prolific - Trevor Morgan, Torpey, Alison etc. I just feel the strikers we allready have may score a lot more goal given the right partner ie feeding of flick on's and knock downs etc.

Not even sure who is available or for how much, but could we benefit from this type of player right now? over to you!

We have a target man! He just isn't fully fit thats why he is out on loan at Cheltenham.

Brooker will come good. don't worry!

yeah.. When?.. and in the mean time?

I am equally worried about not having Carey in the team. Vasko and Fonts were awful in the first half hour, game could have been all over if it wasn't for Basso. We need to strengthen this department also as much.

yeah.. When?.. and in the mean time?

I am equally worried about not having Carey in the team. Vasko and Fonts were awful in the first half hour, game could have been all over if it wasn't for Basso. We need to strengthen this department also as much.

Fonts been consistant all season , Vasko still adjusting . Might not be in first eleven when Carey back but grasped first team chance with both hands now he's got the chance .

Fonts been consistant all season , Vasko still adjusting . Might not be in first eleven when Carey back but grasped first team chance with both hands now he's got the chance .

Not good enough yesterday, could have been 3 down before we knew it. They were not communicating and no-one took responsibility. Fonts needs a organiser, a commander/boss. We have that in Carey, but yesterday it was very apparent that we need another central defender who can command the back four.

Don't get me wrong, we still need a goal scorer.

Archived