IGNORED

Inpotent City

tin

Stating the obvious but if ever we needed any proof that we need a new striker, yesterday was it.

I thought we played some superb stuff and created shed loads of chances but just lacked that poacher to turn our dominance into a resounding win. You could tell by the way Colchester celebrated at the end that they thought they'd got out of jail and we can't keep going on with this.

I don't think I've seen us have so many corner's, with consistently good delivery from LJ and McIndoe, yet we didn't seriously threaten once. The sooner a top drawer striker's brought in the better as I don't think Trundle's up to it and Byfield was poor as well. Are we close to bringing someone in? :dunno:

To be fair, the Boro game i was happy that we made the most of our one real chance we had.

Last year many people said we needed to create chances mroe, now were finally doing that your right we do need someone in who can finish well, but who...?

That's the $64,000 question isn't it. Personally, if we're going to buy then we should look at players with genuine potential either in the lower leagues or in the reserves at a Prem club. Nicky Maynard's still at Crewe after overcoming a broken leg and he'd be one name I'd throw into the hat.

That's the $64,000 question isn't it. Personally, if we're going to buy then we should look at players with genuine potential either in the lower leagues or in the reserves at a Prem club. Nicky Maynard's still at Crewe after overcoming a broken leg and he'd be one name I'd throw into the hat.

What happened to Danny Webber?

Quite prolific at this level for Watford, was ok in the Prem for Sheff U, now whats he doing??

Also, we should definately try to clone trundle and get him playing in all 10 outfield positions. he is so fit.

Stating the obvious but if ever we needed any proof that we need a new striker, yesterday was it.

I thought we played some superb stuff and created shed loads of chances but just lacked that poacher to turn our dominance into a resounding win. You could tell by the way Colchester celebrated at the end that they thought they'd got out of jail and we can't keep going on with this.

I agree we need a striker but where were all these chances? I don't remember their keeper having to make a single save in the 2nd half yesterday?

I agree we need a striker but where were all these chances? I don't remember their keeper having to make a single save in the 2nd half yesterday?

yep.......how many chances did we actually miss?

That's exactly my point. The crosses were going in but there was nobody sniffing them out. I lost count the amount of times the ball dropped in the six yard box or flashed across it. Sproule created a great chance by getting to the byline on the left, pulled the ball back brilliantly and there wasn't a red shirt in site, hence the title of my post.

Archived