IGNORED

The Rule On Celebrations

littlerobin

It may have been said already but i am fed up of players getting yellow cards for celebrating with the fans when they scored. I noticed that Sproule scored ran over to the fans, nothing goin on then the ref books him. Say he scores 5 goals this season and gets a booking each time that would mean that he is out for 1 match which in my mind is ridiculous. There must be some leeway in the rule because when you score a goal you want to celebrate and soon the players wont be able to do that.

I don't know if its just me but it seems stupid when a player gets 2 yellows in a match and 1 is for celebrating it seems to just be a waste of a player for the remainder of the game and another.

It may have been said already but i am fed up of players getting yellow cards for celebrating with the fans when they scored. I noticed that Sproule scored ran over to the fans, nothing goin on then the ref books him. Say he scores 5 goals this season and gets a booking each time that would mean that he is out for 1 match which in my mind is ridiculous. There must be some leeway in the rule because when you score a goal you want to celebrate and soon the players wont be able to do that.

I don't know if its just me but it seems stupid when a player gets 2 yellows in a match and 1 is for celebrating it seems to just be a waste of a player for the remainder of the game and another.

punished for doing something thats so natural . Rules are ruining this lovely game .

i think its ridculious if your celebrating with your own fans and get booked but if a player scores and taunts opposing fans i think that shuld definatly be a booking

Why? Fans taunt players- shouldn't fans be able to take a bit of their own medicine? Surely it is part of the banter?

I do agree that yellow cards following a goal should be cut down.

I believe the rule is players leaving the pitch, if the players stayed on the edge and were mobbed by fans I don't think they get booked (happened at Sunderland a while back) but obviously this rarely happens for reasons.

I thought it was too but recently i have seen it happen more often.

Why? Fans taunt players- shouldn't fans be able to take a bit of their own medicine? Surely it is part of the banter?

I do agree that yellow cards following a goal should be cut down.

true but only takes a few idiots to take the banter a bit further

For me what should have been a great football match with a City win was ruined by the shocking and bizarre decisions of that referee and one of his linesmen. I really don't want to see that referee and his linesman back at Ashton Gate as they were rubbish.

Its a crap rule

But

The player know it,just like they know

that kicking the ball away will get them a yellow

Dead right. Players should know the rules - good or bad. go into the crowd = get booked. Doh!

Maybe if Sproule is banned Murray will get in the 16 (if Wilson is injured and they don't switch Carle to right wing)

It's not only me that finds the whole discussion laughable then?

It seem's the Nazi's authoretie's will only be happy once they have us sucking ping-pong balls out of their anus's!

Get a fkn grip people!

Crikey! That's a bit of a jump from a booking for over-celebration. :noexpression:

Delaying restart of play I guess, I think the only other things you can be booked for are taking your shirt off and jumping over advertising hoardings.

Highlights the inconsistency. Last week the ref let Boro have a refreshment break and team talk without taking any action.

Can I just ask, what is it that Sproule was booked for?

I didn't see him do anything other than run towards the East End corner, but I may have lost sight of him in celebrations.

On the highlights he runs over to the edge of the Dolman and the fans by the advertising hordings grab him/hug him.

It's a pathetic rule, along with the one about shirt removal - remember how Wilson got booked last season and the goal actually wasn't given, that was just about the stupidest yellow card ever. :disapointed2se:

On the highlights he runs over to the edge of the Dolman and the fans by the advertising hordings grab him/hug him.

It's a pathetic rule, along with the one about shirt removal - remember how Wilson got booked last season and the goal actually wasn't given, that was just about the stupidest yellow card ever. :disapointed2se:

I thought he only got pushed into the fans as he was mobbed by his teamates. Goalscoring is a crucial part of the game is it not so why can't it be celebrated to the enjoyment of the players and fans alike, well it's meant to be an 'entertainment experience package' nowdays isn't it?

Maybe refs should allow a set amount of time, say a minute or so and after that get the book out. Teams should be allowed to celebrate how they like but as long as they are ready to restart after the said time no bookings.

As for Wilson, shame about his goal but he was well worth seeing anyway booking or no booking!!!! ;)

Seeing it's fairly obvious that this rule isn't going to go away (as much as it should), keep goal celebration cards in force for that match only, then either strike them from a player's record automatically at the end of the match or allow the teams to appeal for such, in the same way they'd appeal against a red.

I thought he only got pushed into the fans as he was mobbed by his teamates. Goalscoring is a crucial part of the game is it not so why can't it be celebrated to the enjoyment of the players and fans alike, well it's meant to be an 'entertainment experience package' nowdays isn't it?

Maybe refs should allow a set amount of time, say a minute or so and after that get the book out. Teams should be allowed to celebrate how they like but as long as they are ready to restart after the said time no bookings.

As for Wilson, shame about his goal but he was well worth seeing anyway booking or no booking!!!! ;)

Thats a good point but can you really see FIFA doing that anytime in the near future.

To be fair, if he scored five times and got booked for times for exactly the same reason, he deserves a one-match ban for not learning after the first mistake!

Yeah, the refs should use a bit of common sense and his booking at the weekend looked a bit harsh, but everyone goes into the match knowing the rules and regulations and if you do something stupid you're going to get carded for it. I'm not saying I agree he should have been booked, but he knows what to expect.

I've never understood players who put on a t-shirt with a logo on under their kit and then show it when they score - they're purposefully going out there with it in mind. Do they really think they're going to get away with it, or don't they care about being booked?! I'd go mad if I was their manager and they did that and got themselves a really stupid yellow card...

I agree with that Mary. Further, the opponents should be allowed to restart after the minute has expired, even if the other team hasn't retired back to their own half. That would be hilarious to watch!

Archived