IGNORED

Why Murray Should Not Return.

The Murray story is balderdash and I think that re-signing him would be a disaster.

We can't afford him and we would only be post-poning the problems we experience now. Also I think that the weight of pressure on Murray would be unbelievable and it would be damaging for the rest of the team as they would be portrayed as supporting actors in the Scott Murray promotion show.

Guest XrAnGeX

Agreed... I think the return of Scott Murray would give us that confidence and set us off. However I can't see it happening. Would be great to have him back !

His runs and goals help make last season as exciting as it was.

Unlikely to happen in the next few seasons but if the reasons stated that he misses Bristol and Bristol City are correct, which I think it isn;t then why not go for him.

I think this has all risen from a converstion that has escallated into Newspaper talk.

MM

Guest Pyscho Dave

AS much as I would like to think this story is true.... I just can't see believe it... Scott has had a good start to his Reading career, and I cannot see him being shown the door just yet.

I know he has a great fondness for Bristol and City, and maybe he would like to come back one day.... but right now his priorites must be on gaining promotion with Reading and getting the chance to play in the Premier League.

We do miss his goals though......

PD

Guest lobster

Quite frankly I don't think anyone at the club should have commented on the speculation. It will get some people's hopes up when in fact there isn't a cat in hell's chance of Murray coming back.

He's had a pretty good season at Reading and we haven't got the money to buy him even if he became available. Scott was a great servant for this club but both parties have moved on and we need to concentrate on promotion and not get distracted by idle paper talk.

Archived