IGNORED

Bcfc Wages

PAPA650

Hi guys still bored so i thought i'd write a new post, some thing i'v often wondered about city wages,

1= Players play football 4 approx 9 months of the year do they get paid for other 3 months ???

my answer would be yes but I'm just curious

2= If a player is injured or not available for team is he on full pay ?

most people who are injured or ill at work are not on full pay

3= If a player can't make 1st team doe's he still earn same amount ?

The reason's i ask this questions is if a player is on full pay for question 3 is surelly unfair system,

take the player who plays in 1st squad and is playing crap why should he be paid in full for a rubbish game of football when there are others in the reserve side who would love chance to start and play in full to earn a better wage, it would stop some players taking avantage of getting paid for crap ftb.

There could be 2 sides to this question, first lets say player in the 1st team gets paid for crap day at work does he really care ? secondary does the player who does get paid in the reserve side care about playing semi good but less matches in reserves worry about his pay packet for a easier work load ?

Surely a system like this would make a player play better and stay in 1st team or just play crap and sit in reserves for less money. i feel with this on players mind i feel that the starting 11 would be the best of the pick in our squad could offer ?? This would also stop GJ having tantrums in the changing rooms :disapointed2se:

I'm bored too, so here goes....

Clubs tend to have general policies that determines how much a player is paid and pay is normally made up of a basic salary, plus bonuses. However, basic pay and bonuses vary on a player to player basis.

Additionally, players (like Trundle) may negotiate their own special clauses and bonuses. Strikers, for instance, can have bonuses for goals scored. Defenders get them for clean sheets. LJ gets a bonus for every misplaced pass.... he's loaded!

Some players have special clauses for other reasons, such as minimum number of appearances, which determine their basic pay and bonuses (i.e. those with a dodgy injury history - like Weale).

City players have, in the past, earned bonuses once the club have accumulated a certain points tally. I also understand that some bonuses are determined by their league position (i.e. I think they get an added bonus for being in the top 2).

Google John Arne Riise's payslip - he gets a monthly bonus for winning the champions league. I guess he would have got more if Liverpool had won the Prem, but that was never going to happen!

1= Players play football 4 approx 9 months of the year do they get paid for other 3 months ???

Yes, players are paid for the whole year, not just when they're playing.

Depends what's written into their contract but, on the whole, they tend to get full pay, but not all bonuses (i.e. no appearance bonus).

Normally, a player earns an 'appearance' bonus if he's in 1st team squad (regardless of whether he plays). If not in the squad, then bonuses are not earned.

I'm sure every club would like to reduce pay when a player isn't playing and to only reward success. However, they operate in a competitive market and, if they don't offer a massive basic salary, then someone else will and he'll sign for them!

Clubs tend to have general policies that determines how much a player is paid and pay is normally made up of a basic salary, plus bonuses. However, basic pay and bonuses vary on a player to player basis.

Additionally, players (like Trundle) may negotiate their own special clauses and bonuses. Strikers, for instance, can have bonuses for goals scored. Defenders get them for clean sheets. LJ gets a bonus for every misplaced pass.... he's loaded!

Some players have special clauses for other reasons, such as minimum number of appearances, which determine their basic pay and bonuses (i.e. those with a dodgy injury history - like Weale).

City players have, in the past, earned bonuses once the club have accumulated a certain points tally. I also understand that some bonuses are determined by their league position (i.e. I think they get an added bonus for being in the top 2).

Google John Arne Riise's payslip - he gets a monthly bonus for winning the champions league. I guess he would have got more if Liverpool had won the Prem, but that was never going to happen!

Depends what's written into their contract but, on the whole, they tend to get full pay, but not all bonuses (i.e. no appearance bonus).

Normally, a player earns an 'appearance' bonus if he's in 1st team squad (regardless of whether he plays). If not in the squad, then bonuses are not earned.

I'm sure every club would like to reduce pay when a player isn't playing and to only reward success. However, they operate in a competitive market and, if they don't offer a massive basic salary, then someone else will and he'll sign for them!

thx mate very well written and answered ! almost as good as my questions :laugh::winner_third_h4h:

don't forget win bonus and bonus for league position. They are only available to those who play in 1st team squad

Who's a nosey bastard?!!

What about you mate, How much do you earn a week? How many days holiday d'you get?

Just wondered cos I was bored.

I'm bored as well. I'm also wondering how much the corrupt Judge and his team of toff/snob Crown Prosecution Service lawyers got paid - from our taxes - for wrongfully imprisoning some of our players after the Romeo Brown's incident when the bouncers had the charges against them dropped. The totally unaccountable Crown Prosecution Service lawyers are lavishly funded via our hard earned taxes but by how much I don't know.

I'm bored as well. I'm also wondering how much the corrupt Judge and his team of toff/snob Crown Prosecution Service lawyers got paid - from our taxes - for wrongfully imprisoning some of our players after the Romeo Brown's incident when the bouncers had the charges against them dropped. The totally unaccountable Crown Prosecution Service lawyers are lavishly funded via our hard earned taxes but by how much I don't know.

Actually this is publicly available information (not for individuals) as judges' pay is set by an independent group reporting to the Department for Constitutional Affairs (DCA) called the Senior Salaries Review Body (SSRB).

A basic p.a. breakdown would look like this: (as at 1/4/07)

District Judge: £97,948

Deputy Senior District Judge: £116,116

Circuit Judge / Senior District Judge: £122,105

Circuit Judge (Old Baileys) / Senior Circuit Judge: £131,849

High Court Judge: £164,430

Lord Justice of Appeal: £187,166

Chancellor of the High Court: £196,910

Master of the Rolls: £203,812

Lord Chief Justice: £228,375

A newly qualified Barrister can expect to earn anywhere between £14,500 - £22,500 p.a. - far less than I guess you'd have expected. An experienced barrister can expect a salary of ~£50,000. A Queens Counsel (QC) can expect a salary in excess of ~£1m although these account for very few of all barristers (probably ~1%). This is all ofcourse, based on public money. In reality barristers earn far more than this based on their work for private clients/firms.

Anyway, blah blah blah, nothing to do with City...

Actually this is publicly available information (not for individuals) as judges' pay is set by an independent group reporting to the Department for Constitutional Affairs (DCA) called the Senior Salaries Review Body (SSRB).

A basic p.a. breakdown would look like this: (as at 1/4/07)

District Judge: £97,948

Deputy Senior District Judge: £116,116

Circuit Judge / Senior District Judge: £122,105

Circuit Judge (Old Baileys) / Senior Circuit Judge: £131,849

High Court Judge: £164,430

Lord Justice of Appeal: £187,166

Chancellor of the High Court: £196,910

Master of the Rolls: £203,812

Lord Chief Justice: £228,375

A newly qualified Barrister can expect to earn anywhere between £14,500 - £22,500 p.a. - far less than I guess you'd have expected. An experienced barrister can expect a salary of ~£50,000. A Queens Counsel (QC) can expect a salary in excess of ~£1m although these account for very few of all barristers (probably ~1%). This is all ofcourse, based on public money. In reality barristers earn far more than this based on their work for private clients/firms.

Anyway, blah blah blah, nothing to do with City...

Thank you kindly Sir for that salary information. Tony Blair's wife is a Queen's Counsel lawyer so she could be on circa £1 million. No wonder the court costs - as part of the fine - are so high when us City supporters are convicted of the most minor misdmeanors. There you are the post is now 'City' related. :winner_third_h4h:

Archived